Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSwizzyShrooms
Stranger
Long term users\long term effects
    #15891307 - 03/02/12 04:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Im new to this website but ive been reading here for awhile.. I am not a rookie to shrooms. Im just curious if theres anyone who has been useing long term or could explain possible effects of daily use. Im 24 been eating a gram sometimes 1.5 a day for awhile to help with stress and it works great I never have bad effects no stomach pain or severe paranoia/anxiety.. Sometimes I gotta shit but who dont lol I do take 3g at times for intense trip n once again never a bad trip but im curious if im damaging my brain,body later in life may experience problems do to daily usage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGilgamesh18
Herbivore Man

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: SwizzyShrooms]
    #15891346 - 03/02/12 04:38 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

:hahthatsrich:

--------------------

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: Gilgamesh18] * 2
    #15891374 - 03/02/12 04:46 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

:youseethisshit:

You develop a tolerance too quickly.. this thread makes no sense.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Stygian Pits Flag
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: Gilgamesh18]
    #15891389 - 03/02/12 04:49 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

If you are truly eating 1-1.5g daily, I would be surprised if 3g had any noticeable effect. Your tolerance should be through the roof.

I went through about a 6 month stage with several friends in my early 20's. We ate P. Sem almost every day like candy. After a week or so we were eating 70-80 dried shrooms a piece before going to the pub on a weeknight..

The long term effects will be mental and unpredictable. I don't think there is going to be any real science on the daily consumption of psilocybin over a prolonged period, you would not get a research grant/permission for such an experiment.

You will go crazy long before you suffer acute physical deterioration.

Edit: yeah seems we agree Bawks, you beat me to the punch.

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

"Standing on the corner of 5th and Vermouth"

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
    #15891394 - 03/02/12 04:52 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Shrooms won't cause brain damage or anything, but daily use has lead a lot of people to bad places (e.g. psychotic episodes). With such low doses it's probably not a huge deal but give your brain some rest man. I wouldn't want my serotonin system under such consistent stimulation. At the very least it'll make the trips less special and significant.

I wouldn't suggest taking psychedelics more than once a week regularly. Ideally once every two weeks in my opinion, and make them count. I would get far more out of two trips per month at 4-5g each than a gram every day. You can't really have those rewarding trips if you build up tolerance from daily dosing either.

Wouldn't you rather go for an occasional swim instead of standing ankle deep in the pool all week? The perspective a stronger trip can give one will last throughout sobriety, and you may find it's easier to manage your stress by other means until the next experience.

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: Bawks]
    #15891402 - 03/02/12 04:53 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah it's pretty unusual to find someone who uses mushrooms daily. How long have you been doing this? Do you still get effects from 1-1.5g? And your saying if you eat 3 grams you get a decent trip even while dosing smaller amounts daily?

It's just the common idea is that if you were to use mushrooms daily you would build up a tolerance very fast. Each day you would need to up the dose quite a bit to get the same effects, or even double it. At least that's the theory and information I've gathered from what I've read.

But you seem to be saying it's working for you...

Also, I'd say you shouldn't use them on a daily basis - I don't think it's good to be in that head space constantly. But that's just my opinion.

--------------------
[

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: chooken]
    #15891434 - 03/02/12 05:05 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

You shouldn't be doing them daily :smirk:

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (03/02/12 05:05 PM)

OfflineSwizzyShrooms
Stranger
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: chooken]
    #15891455 - 03/02/12 05:10 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I didnt say I dont have a tolerance please dont insult my intelligence man.. Simply stopping 24-48 hours for system flush works great and please remind urself we are all dif.. Ive been daily for about 2months and yes it still works altho somedays theres no body high my sense of well being always is good.. When I do 3g intense I stop thursday-saturday then go to town n I still have visuals,bright lights.. Like I said im fine ive maintained a daily dosage for my body n mind im just curiois what im doin to myself.. Thank u everyone for comments!!

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: shelkov181]
    #15891506 - 03/02/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Sounds to me like you have never really (level 5) tripped if you consider 3g to be an intense trip, especially if we attribute your daily consumption and therefore tolerance.

I have found that tripping more than 3 times in a month produces reduced effects. As I said I did what you are talking about around 10 years ago, and there were 7-8 of us doing it after a mammoth active season in the Welsh mountains.

I think you are exaggerating or bullshitting, I'm not sure which. My sincere apologies if I'm wrong and you are some kind of freak of nature.

We are all different but we also all produce enough MAO to stop us being killed by aged cheeses, avacado and about 10,000 other things that are tryptophan based. This includes tryptamine alkaloids such as psilocybin.

If you did not produce the corresponding 'neutralising' chemicals you would trip for days from a tiny amount.

This whole thread strikes me as not quite right. But I've been wrong before, so who knows? :shrug:

--------------------

"Atrophic interludes weave through my life far too often, for me to fight the biggest enemies"

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: SwizzyShrooms] * 1
    #15891509 - 03/02/12 05:28 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

im just curiois what im doin to myself

Are you prepared for December 2012?  If not, you're fine.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblechooken
Between the Earth and Sky
Male

Loc: Aus Flag
    #15891575 - 03/02/12 05:45 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SwizzyShrooms said:
I didnt say I dont have a tolerance please dont insult my intelligence man.. Simply stopping 24-48 hours for system flush works great and please remind urself we are all dif.. Ive been daily for about 2months and yes it still works altho somedays theres no body high my sense of well being always is good.. When I do 3g intense I stop thursday-saturday then go to town n I still have visuals,bright lights.. Like I said im fine ive maintained a daily dosage for my body n mind im just curiois what im doin to myself.. Thank u everyone for comments!!

I never insulted your intelligence - just asked a few questions because I was curious. If it wasn't aimed at me, please be more specific who you're talking to...

--------------------
[

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: chooken] * 1
    #15891610 - 03/02/12 05:54 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

It's paranoia from eating all those mushrooms.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineSwizzyShrooms
Stranger
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: joemolloy]
    #15891630 - 03/02/12 05:58 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

No no I was only talkin to first comment who said ots nonsense cause id build up a tolerance... Sry bro

Offlineallensig3654
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15891670 - 03/02/12 06:08 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Your fine. If you are in a good place and don't notice any negative effects then why stop? Shrooms are not bad for the body

Offlineegodeathflux
Guttersnipe
Male User Gallery

#15891682 - 03/02/12 06:11 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

If it's been like a week or so then sure, I could maybe see 3g having an effect you may consider 'intense'. From the sounds of it though you are dipping your toe in rather than taking the plunge as someone ^^ suggested.

You are more likely to reap negative side effects and completely miss the 'divine', deeper world of psychs by pursuing this method.

I don't mean to be an ass to new member, just a little cranky today and got my skeptic's hat on. :hatsoff:

:peace:

--------------------

InvisibleMeteloides
Clinically Expressed

Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: SwizzyShrooms] * 1
    #15891766 - 03/02/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SwizzyShrooms said:
No no I was only talkin to first comment who said ots nonsense cause id build up a tolerance... Sry bro

Dude, you are so totally freaking out right now. :uhoh:

Quote:

SwizzyShrooms said:
Sometimes I gotta shit but who dont lol

Really, though, you've been eating Shrooms every day for months and your biggest complaint is that you still poop occasionally?
Maybe you should lay off the Shrooms for a spell.

--------------------
:smoking:

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: Meteloides]
    #15891807 - 03/02/12 06:41 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

i can recall reading something on an old post about prolonged use killing ones ability to sleep properly.
i really hope my insomnia is unrelated to my past mushroom abuse.

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Offlinehorus_92
Stranger
    #15893760 - 03/03/12 08:09 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Nobody knows what you're doing to yourself.  I've come across a handful of people who claimed to have been through periods of daily tripping (usually acid), as I'm sure some of you have, and they definitely seem a bit fried.

I would seriously consider stopping OP.  You're playing with fire.  Just because it's relatively (but by no means entirely) safe to trip every now and then doesn't mean it's safe to eat mushrooms every day.  Don't be a case study.

Edited by horus_92 (03/03/12 08:10 AM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: horus_92]
    #15893856 - 03/03/12 08:57 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Daily for 2 months straight. I doubt it.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Long term users\long term effects [Re: Nifflerz]
    #15893938 - 03/03/12 09:33 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

i tried micro-dosing (really really tiny amounts) for about 10 days straight. it put me on an emotional roller coaster. i decided to stop toying with powerful medicine.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies