Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

body and mind
    #1588093 - 05/29/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

notice how when you're upset, sometimes just directly applying something to your body like food, or excercise, or sex, can make you feel better.. it seems to be just like soothing your mind with a thought... a pleasant memory or fantasy, a really cool part of a song, etc.

i dont really know where I was going with this, but it makes ya think dont it?
guh haw!

I guess it is my attempt at breaking down the barriers between what we can physically touch, and the universes that we feel in our minds... they are both just as much a part of 'us'... we are just aware of them in totally different ways.. We're always stuck in one or the other.. neglecting the importance of a balance. We want so badly to be satisfied without actually doing the math, and I suppose sometimes we convince ourselves we are. We abuse ourselves and rip holes in our potential.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: body and mind [Re: Grav]
    #1588151 - 05/29/03 07:11 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

is it just me, or do you feel like you're in totally different worlds, one where you're right in the moment (not in a hippied-out way) but just doing something new to you, good or bad... and then the next one is wondering what the hell you just did, and how it relates to your perspective on yourself and life, etc.

like there's an Action phase, and a Reaction phase, but the Reaction phase is always trying to deny the existence of the Action phase, because it is a really vulnerable spot where anything can happen..

just a thought

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1588154 - 05/29/03 07:16 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

is the first time you hear a really awesome song (or each time you pick up a new part of that song you didnt hear before), is that different from hearing it again... is it just playing off the memory of when you first heard it, or is the audio stimuli directly affecting you..

that makes me think about tripping and listening to music

ever notice how you almost don't even EXPECT the next part of the song to come on.. I mean.. I guess you know how the song goes, but you just aren't thinking about it at all.. your brain is taking in the present audio, it's more like the first time you heard the song

anyways, fried yogurt.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1588470 - 05/29/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

to me reality is just a dance with " The Hall Of Mirrors ", i dont seek a balance anymore, i set that need aside, i have left my house with no money, i just smoke weed with a few friend each night and trip out to, well i like MUM " Yesterday was dramatic, today is empty ". To actually watch people from " Outside of The illusions" is enough for me, i have no desire to participate in their activities, but i do like to watch the odd movie once and a while, he he.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: body and mind [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1588531 - 05/29/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I think it says how powerful the mind can be. We often think we're in control, but so much of the brain is automated that unless we question our thoughts & responses, we're not.

BTW, nice avitar.  :smile:

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1588535 - 05/29/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Body and mind are intricately woven together, and thus each has a profound effect on the other.

--------------------
Namaste.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds