Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRigVedaLXVII.Soma
Bacteri/Phyc/Bry/Myc/ology
 User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Spore supplier of Non Active Spores
    #15843370 - 02/21/12 04:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hello there,

Is there a professional reputable supplier of spores that have a pretty large database of non active spores?

All the spore supplier's I can find, their main thing is selling actives.

I'd like to find uncommon, exotics, edibles, poisonous fungi, etc. Stuff like that, mainly just for microscopy, and herbarium use.

any suggestions?

--------------------
"While clinging to the moronic belief that they constitute a "counterculture," they share our society's overriding urge for expediency. They make no attempt to learn about the organisms they eat and it always struck me as ironic that people with such a low level of consciousness should be seeking "higher consciousness." -David Arora

"Man is placed in the middle between two infinities - the infinitely great and the infinitely little - both of which are equally incomprehensible to him." -Pascal

MyPostImage Gallery  Trade List
Spores I Am Looking For  Seeds I am Looking For
:peace: Solanaceae, Amanitaceae :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

Loc: OhighO
Re: Spore supplier of Non Active Spores [Re: RigVedaLXVII.Soma]
    #15843383 - 02/21/12 04:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

sporeworks.com

User Gallery

Re: Spore supplier of Non Active Spores [Re: dragonnreeferr]
    #15843401 - 02/21/12 04:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah but again, thats a supplier that specializes in actives.

There is 8 edible/novelty/non active spore selections...

EDIT: lol and every single one is out of stock..

--------------------
"While clinging to the moronic belief that they constitute a "counterculture," they share our society's overriding urge for expediency. They make no attempt to learn about the organisms they eat and it always struck me as ironic that people with such a low level of consciousness should be seeking "higher consciousness." -David Arora

"Man is placed in the middle between two infinities - the infinitely great and the infinitely little - both of which are equally incomprehensible to him." -Pascal

Edited by RigVedaLXVII.Soma (02/21/12 04:15 PM)

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

#15843413 - 02/21/12 04:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lol and every single one is out of stock..

:rolleyes:

I've kinda been on the lookout for a good site for non-actives too.  Wanna get some prints and not rely on grocery store transfers.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------

Edited by CMOS (02/21/12 04:19 PM)

Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

#15843429 - 02/21/12 04:20 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

look at there lcs theres 13 in stock  spores101 has 10 diff freespores has like 11

User Gallery

#15843448 - 02/21/12 04:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

But still you are missing my point. That is a sad collection to choose from.. Those are not very hard to get species and the price is out of this world...

I am looking for sites that specialize in NON ACTIVES..

@CMOS
That crocery store transfer Idea is pretty good, should of thought of that. Off the top of my head I can get Agaricus bispora, enoki, shitake, maitake, a couple others.  good idea. CMOS

--------------------

Offlinedragonnreeferr
clusterheadache sufferer
Male

#15843466 - 02/21/12 04:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

u try a search in sponsors forum

:goodluck:

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

#15843481 - 02/21/12 04:36 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I've only done king oysters from the grocery store...worked alright tho...took sample from the inside stem -> cardboard -> to agar -> to grain.  Once it fruits I can get a good print and start over from there.

About to spawn to some straw or coffee grounds + cardboard.  I would be stoked if it fruited well on the grounds/coffee cause I can get massive amounts for free.  I've heard Kings don't do to well on coffee, but I've never tried. :shrug:

They got a bunch of stuff at my local grocery, probably will try lions mane next.

--------------------

Edited by CMOS (02/21/12 04:38 PM)

User Gallery

Re: Spore supplier of Non Active Spores [Re: CMOS]
    #15843497 - 02/21/12 04:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Mind explaining to me in PM the cardboard technique? I have some Pheonix Oyster LC in a vacutainer that Id like to try a couple things with, including that.

Looks like I might have a good business opportunity here since no one specializes in edibles/novelties/poisonous references, etc. Maybe, just maybe.

I was hoping there might be a university herbarium or something that sells spores on contact, like some herbarium's do with samples.

--------------------

Offlinesumerian
King Of Detroit

Loc: Murda Mitten,USA Flag
    #15843527 - 02/21/12 04:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

actually i recently ran across somewhere that had some crazy dif species of mushrooms. Ill have to think,it was months ago though.

--------------------

Originally Posted by CanYaDigItBrotha-
I myself am thinking of Growing , and have a million and one questions about it ,One such Question is ,How Can it be that hard , its a mushroom after all and they grow in the wild .cant you just get some Dirt and Seeds add water and away you go ?Also do Mushrooms Regrow , Or dose one need to keep buying Seeds after every Yield???

User Gallery

Re: Spore supplier of Non Active Spores [Re: sumerian]
    #15843538 - 02/21/12 04:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah definitely Try to remember!

Are you from Michigan? I see your info says "King of Detroit"! Im from SE Michigan myself.

Peace and Love.

By the way, I notice RalphstersSpores has a pretty nice collection.

--------------------

Edited by RigVedaLXVII.Soma (02/21/12 04:57 PM)

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

#15843586 - 02/21/12 05:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The cardboard transfer was super easy.  I've seen lots of people transfer oyster to cardboard. Here is what I did. 

-boiled 2x2 piece of condegrated cardboard for 20min in water
-peeled off the top layer to expose the "wavy" middle section
-placed in a new ziplock bag
-sliced small chunk of inner stem while in glovebox
-did a quick dip in h202
-placed on cardboard in ziplock
-done!

Oyster colonizes fine on cardboard, and the cardboard is pretty contam resistant.  Took a couple days to grow out, then I transferred a piece of that mycilium to an agar plate.

I was bored once and just tried throwing an oyster pin on wet cardboard in open air.  Grew out fine just sitting in a cracked tupperware container.  It just sat there till it totally dried out a month later.

I'm sure going from LC to the cardboard would work out fine too!

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#15843686 - 02/21/12 05:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

sponsors forum yo.

but i got a ton of edibles from sporeworks a few months ago
:shrug:

im sure they'll come back

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

User Gallery

Re: Spore supplier of Non Active Spores [Re: k00laid]
    #15843965 - 02/21/12 06:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice thanks a lot CMOS. I appreciate the help. Gotta try that out! Will that work with any wood lovers?

@k00laid

This isn't a question about sponsors so I don't see how it would fit there..

I have looked through all the sponsors and none of them have what I am asking about. They are ALL directed at Actives, with just a couple of non-actives, and the non-actives are WAY too expensive... Plus I am not looking for that stuff. I have a source that sells all those edibles for $6 each...

I am looking to get maybe some of the Destroying Angel prints, or a Deadly Galerina, and some random non edibles, stuff like that.

--------------------

Edited by RigVedaLXVII.Soma (02/22/12 04:02 PM)

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

#15844777 - 02/21/12 08:56 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nice thanks a lot CMOS. I appreciate the help. Gotta try that out! Will that work with any wood lovers?

I wouldn't really be the person to ask, I've only just started messing around with edibles recently.  I know most oysters grow on almost anything. I don't know if other species are as vigorous.

Quote:

I am looking to get maybe some of the Destroying Angel prints, or a Deadly Galerina, and some random non edibles

:thehellwasthat:

--------------------

Edited by CMOS (02/21/12 08:59 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #15844817 - 02/21/12 09:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Edibles are traded in cultures, not spores.  If you want spores for some reason, you'll probably want to collect them yourself.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

#15844828 - 02/21/12 09:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

just a shot in the dark but could you possibly purchase viable spores and keep them refrigerated untill there no longer viable, I have always heard roughly 6 months.
or does the end of viability trigger decomposition possibly.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

User Gallery

#15844968 - 02/21/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

@CMOS
Lol. Would be nice to have for herbarium, and microscopy reference, to compare any I may find in the field myself.

@RR Thanks for the info, and yeah, I figured I would end up having to... But I am limited by my area, as unfortunately I cant travel the world in search of prints.. Was just curious if there was a source hidden in the "magical" sources.
I would rather have spores sometimes even for some edibles I may intend to cultivate because cultures are someone else's isolated strains, Id rather have multispore inoculation and do the isolation myself.

I would always rather have spores than cultures in any instance, considering I get the spores for reference and microscopy, and anything else (like cultures), can potentially come from the spores itself providing me with whatever I need. 

Plus like I mentioned the Cultures being sold are so unbelievably expensive, considering I can get all those edibles offered by many sources from spores that cost 6$ each that could make me almost unlimited cultures.

And not really looking for edibles all that much unfortunately. More interested in uncommon species.

I guess I just need to get sources of random people around North America and Europe that will sell/trade/give/lend me spores of these random species of their areas. Id even be interested in peoples collections of spores they may print when they go to identify a wild mushroom. simple stuff like that.

--------------------

OfflineCMOS
Whats next?

#15845056 - 02/21/12 09:42 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I am looking to get maybe some of the Destroying Angel prints, or a Deadly Galerina, and some random non edibles

As long as your not trying to kill your ex-wife. :laugh:

Quote:

microscopy reference, to compare any I may find in the field myself

for sure...when I was first looking for p cyans I was really scared of Galerinas ( I hadn't seen them side by side before )  I got a sure ID on some cyans and can tell the differences now, but it would of been nice if I could take a print and check with a scope. 

--------------------

Edited by CMOS (02/21/12 09:45 PM)

User Gallery

#15845110 - 02/21/12 09:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah a Jack'O Lantern print would be awesome too! As well as any Bioluminescent's.

I just figured there would be at least one source that sells stuff like this, considering spores are sold for "Microscopy research only" it would seem there would be spores for actual research besides psilocybian mushrooms...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag