Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I need your input!
    #1582813 - 05/27/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Guys,

Growing now for about 8 days. Healthy mycelium has almost completely covered the sides, and 70% of the top. Shrooms started pinning early yesterday morning, colonies all over the place, and now the biggest ones (like 4-6) are a half an inch tall. Does this sound good, are they growing considerably fast? I think they are growing pretty damn fast, I fanned it one night, and early the next morning I checked them and there were pins all over the place!

Another question. In a spray bottle I have a solution consiting of 8/10 water and the rest hydrogen peroxide. Is it healthy to spray the colony when it's fanned every 8 or so hours?

Edit: I've heard so many diff ways for lighting, is normal roomlight going through a large semiclear storage container sufficient?

Thanks, everybodys input is appreciated.

Edited by SeeJohnnyTrip (05/27/03 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: I need your input! [Re: SeeJohnnyTrip]
    #1582872 - 05/27/03 09:22 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Guys,

Growing now for about 8 days. Healthy mycelium has almost completely covered the sides, and 70% of the top. Shrooms started pinning early yesterday morning, colonies all over the place, and now the biggest ones (like 4-6) are a half an inch tall. Does this sound good, are they growing considerably fast? I think they are growing pretty damn fast, I fanned it one night, and early the next morning I checked them and there were pins all over the place!
Quote:

Sounds good, in the future be sure to include more details of your casing method, or are they cakes?

Quote:

Another question. In a spray bottle I have a solution consiting of 8/10 water and the rest hydrogen peroxide. Is it healthy to spray the colony when it's fanned every 8 or so hours?
Quote:

No need for H2O2 unless you are contam paranoid.

Quote:

Edit: I've heard so many diff ways for lighting, is normal roomlight going through a large semiclear storage container sufficient?
Quote:

Normal room light is what my dawg uses, the only ill effects you may receive is your mushrooms growing towards the light, which is why people tend to use solid color containers with a little window on top.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #1582874 - 05/27/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Holy shit. What kind of substrate you using, what temp are you incubating at, what strain are you using and did you use spores or mycelium to innoculate? That is very fast. I think it would be best to invest in a flourescent lightbulb (about 10$ from walmart), but if your container is clear you could probably use that to initiate pinning in a bright room. You probably don't want to spray that much, use perlite for humidification and you shouldn't have problems with humidity.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: I need your input! [Re: lemunhed]
    #1582935 - 05/27/03 09:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

You're gunna laugh, but it's a kit! Thats right. Johnny is a first time grower.

The substrate is wheat/vermiculite. The strain is the Golden Mexican (Stopharia cubensis). Before it started pinning Johnny kept the terrarium at 80 degrees, and now that the growing is progressing it's kept at 73 degrees. Perlite humidification.

No humid guage, but due to amount of water condensation Johnny guesses it to be around 85%.

Thanks for your input

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

#1584602 - 05/28/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Day 9, is this good people? Johnny thinks so. Input appreciated.

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #1584663 - 05/28/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

nice good job man keep up the good work .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: I need your input! [Re: growmore]
    #1584723 - 05/28/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ya it looks good-except for the clear container. you will have to remove your cake after the flush is done to remove all those shrooms down the side and bottom, while hopin there are no aborts that rot down there. use tinfoil to line it if you have no dark containers next time-take it out and put in tinfoil.

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

InvisibleAinasko
Oksania
    #1584786 - 05/28/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

That looks great! Wonderful job you're doing there. The only thing I would do different would be to cover that clear container with paint or anything that will block light. You may end up with pins growing on the sides that may rot creating contamination.

Beautiful!

--------------------
Ainasko is my name backwards. I'm a girl!

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: I need your input! [Re: Ainasko]
    #1584810 - 05/28/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Wow thats real fast growing.. In 9 days you have fruiting. wow.

Anyways keep it up. I again, as the rest have above, suggest doing something with the clear container.. or else you get pins on the bottom and side that will rot. and rot = bad :smile:

--------------------
-weird

OfflineSeeJohnnyTrip
Fellow Tripper

Re: I need your input! [Re: Ghosty]
    #1584957 - 05/28/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for everyones input, I'll do something about blocking the sides so those pins wont start rotting. Thx.

This "Golden Mexican" grows damn fast. Johnny likes this little project, he might even consider doing it next semester in college.

Btw people, 250 grams wet is ____ dry? I'm guessing around 80 grams dry. I don't know. Anyone?

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1584963 - 05/28/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>Btw people, 250 grams wet is ____ dry? I'm guessing around 80 grams dry. I don't know. Anyone?

10g fresh -> 1g dry

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1584966 - 05/28/03 12:32 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

25 grams, but no less than 20g. mushrooms are 92% water but can range from 8% dry matter up to 10or 11%
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1584968 - 05/28/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

>I'll do something about blocking the sides so those pins wont start rotting.

If there already are pins at the side, they?ll start rotting regardless if you block the light from the sides NOW.

The reason to block the sides is to PREVENT pins from forming at the sides.

Offlineigore
Shroomist
Loc: AZ
Re: I need your input! [Re: Anno]
    #1585075 - 05/28/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

This kit you're using, was it just that container filled with wheat and verm substrate? You just innoculated it and that's it?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate