Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshamanamba
The Shaman
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization?
    #15801208 - 02/13/12 12:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I was just thinking back when I was picking up some coir from the hydroponics store and while the dude was ringing me up, i was picking up these little 1lb sample bags of worm castings.

He told me I could take one for free and try it out and started talking about how it's got all kinds of beneficial bacteria. I had told him that I wasn't growing plants and he seemed to understand what I meant.

so I'm wondering if this beneficial bacteria that he was talking about would be the same beneficial bacteria that is beneficial to mushrooms in pasteurized bulk subs.

Is this way of looking at worm castings accurate at all?

--------------------
The Shaman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshamanamba
The Shaman
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: shamanamba]
    #15803682 - 02/13/12 03:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

... was this really that dumb of a question?

--------------------
The Shaman

Invisibleskuzzy1232
:))
Male User Gallery

Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: shamanamba]
    #15803837 - 02/13/12 04:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

NO , its just been asked alot if i had an answer id tell you but i dont  know ,,,type in worm casing in the search bar and just start reading buddy.

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8468463
Have any questions comments PM me ill try to help out the only stupid question is the one you dont ask .

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: skuzzy1232]
    #15803876 - 02/13/12 04:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A "home-team" of noninvasive nonobtrusive bacteria is all that is meant as beneficial for the purposes of mycology, I believe. Considering this, the answer to your question is yes, but most things will have it already, except verm, and only in some small degree with coir, which I'm sure you know, hence your question.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineSan
Novice
Male User Gallery

Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: Violet]
    #15803922 - 02/13/12 04:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There would be no way to know for sure since the supposed benefits of these bacteria would be indistinguishable from that of the worm castings.

Quote:

He told me I could take one for free and try it out and started talking about how it's got all kinds of beneficial bacteria. I had told him that I wasn't growing plants and he seemed to understand what I meant.

Dude, you totally just bumped into a shroomery member.

--------------------
Actually not everyone was a noob.  Being a noob is a very new phenomenon.  Many people, the great majority in fact, were simply "beginners", "novices" or "new to mushroom growing".  Being a "noob" is reserved, and in fact created specifically for and by, the newer, much more lame generations coming about.

-Shpongle1

Invisibleskuzzy1232
:))
Male User Gallery

Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: San]
    #15803940 - 02/13/12 04:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hell yeah !!!!!!!!!! i missed that .. go

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8468463
Have any questions comments PM me ill try to help out the only stupid question is the one you dont ask .

OfflineVC_Skittles
Seeker
Male

Loc: Southern US
Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: Violet]
    #15803964 - 02/13/12 04:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Considering the full sterilizing of the PF-Tek if done with a pressure cooker indicates to me that the beneficial bacteria is not needed for p. cubensis. TCs please correct me if I am wrong.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: Do worm casting ensure pressence of beneficial bacteria for pasteruization? [Re: VC_Skittles]
    #15804022 - 02/13/12 04:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

He's not wanting the bacteria because he believes it to be necessary to the species, but instead to remain after pasteurization to aid in fending off contaminations while the intended mycelium colonizes.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Invisiblepenhed
spawniac
Male

Loc: holding the axis
    #15804079 - 02/13/12 05:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes... worm castings are very benefical...like stated above by violet he is right. it has a assortment of living microbes  and great alternate to  manure if you cant get it...:bigyesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck