Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

I get Deja Vu on the regular.
    #15764138 - 02/05/12 12:07 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Something like this that occurs as frequent and as strong as I experience it MUST be indicative of something

but what?

I've read that the average American experiences it around twice a year. I experience it maybe about 20-40 times a year. Possibly more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: I get Deja Vu on the regular. [Re: 404]
    #15764144 - 02/05/12 12:09 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i get it about every week. only twice a year for the average? That seems really low.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: I get Deja Vu on the regular. [Re: King Klick]
    #15764191 - 02/05/12 12:23 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

King Klick said:
only twice a year for the average? That seems really low.

:shrug:

Last shrink I saw before I told him he was a quack for diagnosing me with asperger's said its linked with schizophrenia. I just took a look at Wiki, found this:

Quote:

Links with disorders

Early researchers tried to establish a link between déjà vu and serious psychopathology such as schizophrenia, anxiety, and dissociative identity disorder, and failed to find the experience of some diagnostic value. There does not seem to be a special association between déjà vu and schizophrenia or other psychiatric conditions.[5] The strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy.[6][7] This correlation has led some researchers to speculate that the experience of déjà vu is possibly a neurological anomaly related to improper electrical discharge in the brain. As most people suffer a mild (i.e. non-pathological) epileptic episode regularly (e.g. a hypnagogic jerk, the sudden "jolt" that frequently, but not always, occurs just prior to falling asleep) it is conjectured that a similar (mild) neurological aberration occurs in the experience of déjà vu, resulting in an erroneous sensation of memory. For someone who regularly has such seizures, there is typically a feeling of déjà vu associated with whatever sensations (particularly sounds) may be occurring nearby.[citation needed]

Pharmacology

Certain drugs increase the chances of déjà vu occurring in the user. Some pharmaceutical drugs, when taken together, have also been implicated in the cause of déjà vu. Taiminen and Jääskeläinen (2001)[8] reported the case of an otherwise healthy male who started experiencing intense and recurrent sensations of déjà vu upon taking the drugs amantadine and phenylpropanolamine together to relieve flu symptoms. He found the experience so interesting that he completed the full course of his treatment and reported it to the psychologists to write up as a case study. Due to the dopaminergic action of the drugs and previous findings from electrode stimulation of the brain (e.g. Bancaud, Brunet-Bourgin, Chauvel, & Halgren, 1994),[9] Taiminen and Jääskeläinen speculate that déjà vu occurs as a result of hyperdopaminergic action in the mesial temporal areas of the brain.

Memory-based explanations

The similarity between a déjà-vu-eliciting stimulus and an existing, but different, memory trace may lead to the sensation.[5][10] Thus, encountering something which evokes the implicit associations of an experience or sensation that cannot be remembered may lead to déjà vu. In an effort to experimentally reproduce the sensation, Banister and Zangwill (1941)[11][12] used hypnosis to give participants posthypnotic amnesia for material they had already seen. When this was later re-encountered, the restricted activation caused thereafter by the posthypnotic amnesia resulted in three of the 10 participants reporting what the authors termed "paramnesias". Memory-based explanations may lead to the development of a number of non-invasive experimental methods by which a long sought-after analogue of déjà vu can be reliably produced that would allow it to be tested under well-controlled experimental conditions. Cleary[10] suggests that déjà vu may be a form of familiarity-based recognition (recognition that is based on a feeling of familiarity with a situation) and that laboratory methods of probing familiarity-based recognition hold promise for probing déjà vu in laboratory settings. Another possible explanation for the phenomenon of déjà vu is the occurrence of "cryptomnesia", which is where information learned is forgotten but nevertheless stored in the brain, and similar occurrences invoke the contained knowledge, leading to a feeling of familiarity because of the situation, event or emotional/vocal content, known as "déjà vu"

Another note on the mentioning of dopaminergic related activity... I was on Risperdal, about .5 mg to 1 mg and then stopped taking it 'cause i stopped seeing said quack. Risperdal reduces activity of certain dopamine receptors as i understand it... and i noticed that when i was on this stuff i would experience other strange anomalies as well... waking up and being unable to see the world around me, still dreaming (hypnopompic hallucinations) which occurred about 3 times in one month at one point. the deja vu occurrences were also much stronger when i was on this medication. I've also noticed stronger sensations when on Mushrooms, which I only in recent years have tried. Perhaps there really is some interplay between dopamine receptors (and perhaps serotonin receptors) and these anomalies...

but the article seems to negate this, as it is saying that hyperdopaminergic activity is likely to be a culprit. why would i experience deja vu more vividly on risperdal then?

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

#15764194 - 02/05/12 12:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Knowing this makes me feel so much better...

--------------------

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: I get Deja Vu on the regular. [Re: King Klick]
    #15764210 - 02/05/12 12:29 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Not sure if sarcasm

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

#15764231 - 02/05/12 12:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Sarcastic. I have no family history of mental problems so i have little worries.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale