Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetempusvita
PLATONIC
Male
For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip?
    #15757754 - 02/03/12 08:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Is this the case?  Because its the impression I am getting from a lot of what I have read in this sub forum. So far I have only taken 1.7 -1.8, but if its no too risky to take 2.5-3 g's thats what I'm doing tommorow!

--------------------
People who have helped me: VicariousGreg , Garfelt , occollegeboi , psilocybinjunkie , PrimalSoup

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: tempusvita]
    #15757767 - 02/03/12 08:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I hear to little makes people tweak to.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: King Klick]
    #15757829 - 02/03/12 08:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Set and setting man.

Obviously the more you take the more intense the trip is going to be... but if you're in a safe environment that isn't necessarily a bad thing...

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: Subconscious]
    #15757836 - 02/03/12 08:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Extremely high doses are more likely to make you bad trip, but 2.5 - 3 grams isn't a high dose, so you'll be fine.

OfflineSwwert
Truck-Boat-Truck

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15757869 - 02/03/12 08:49 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Like Subconscious said.. set and setting.
I had tripped twice at 1.5 then 2.5, then 3.9. They were all extremely pleasant trips, but when I jumped to 4.5g, my friends decided to go get a burger and DINE IN. Well I obviously couldnt trip at the restaurant so I was trying to hold it in which was SUPER hard, hence giving me a bad trip.. I "seen" people starring dead at me, but the sober ones (driver) said I was just tripping.. When we got back in the car and started blasting dubstep, my trip went from bad, to the best trip ive had to this day.

--------------------
Whole Brown Rice Cakes TEK

"The mushrooms are just loving you back."
"Maria Sabina is a symbol of wisdom and love."

Offlinetempusvita
PLATONIC
Male
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: Swwert]
    #15758181 - 02/03/12 10:14 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

TBH the only thing I am really worried about is calling the paramed or something.  Some of what I've read has kinda scared me about that, and I think that is the worst possible thing imaginable.  I handled both previous trips on 1.8 well, with a lot of control. 

Do I got anything to worry about or is that kind of losing it only for higher doses?  I weigh about 120lbs haha

I also will be triping home alone, day light, no sitter.

--------------------
People who have helped me: VicariousGreg , Garfelt , occollegeboi , psilocybinjunkie , PrimalSoup

Edited by tempusvita (02/03/12 10:14 PM)

Invisiblewhitelights
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: Swwert]
    #15758193 - 02/03/12 10:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Stronger trip so it would just be a stronger bad trip I guess.  But yes like said above 2.5/3 grams isn't a high dose. And yes set and setting deffonately help.

--------------------
its that bitter-sweet-sour, electric-smooth-twang. everything you ever have, are. or will feel along with every emotion, joy, hate, love, fear or aspiration burning down your nerves and into the fabric of your place in this existence at ten thousand degrees above and below zero will you find yourself wondering if you've been dead or alive this whole time. being born over and over only to die over and over hoping the wheel stops in the same place it started when you spun it, and when it finally does and you can step back and take a nice deep breath you realize how beautiful life is, remember, wake up to the most beautiful day of your life every single day, its just the way.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: whitelights]
    #15758223 - 02/03/12 10:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

No... Would say there is no relation up to like 6 gm

After that, good and bad don't exist

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineEvolveShrooms
Brahman Herder
Male

Loc: The dream hangar Flag
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: tempusvita]
    #15758373 - 02/03/12 11:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The higher the dose, the more delicate your state becomes. Its easy for the very simplest obstacles in daily life to become a shit storm of worry and confusion when your tripping dicks. It can go either way really, its like riding a bike down a pathway that gets narrower and narrower; sure you can stay on track, but going over the edge becomes ever more likely as go along upping the dose.

--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Edited by EvolveShrooms (02/03/12 11:14 PM)

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #15758422 - 02/03/12 11:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

with a few exceptions, i've had an easier time on higher doses than lower. that's because trouble comes from fighting where it wants to go, and if it's strong enough to scare you but not strong enough to "win," you fight it. big dose: i might try to fight, but it quickly overpowers me and then everything's cool.

OfflineEvolveShrooms
Brahman Herder
Male

Loc: The dream hangar Flag
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15758432 - 02/03/12 11:38 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Very true latherdome, its funny that way. Low doses and you think about who you are how you fit in to this world, which can be an uncomfortably unbiased experience. High doses just blow you out of your existence, somewhere beyond the petty troubles of our lives and personal struggles.

--------------------

The Only Illusion Is Division

Edited by EvolveShrooms (02/03/12 11:38 PM)

Offlinebollocks
++Universe Beholder++
Male User Gallery

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: EvolveShrooms]
    #15758859 - 02/04/12 02:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

My biggest concern for u is the fact that u seem overly concerned about a bad trip. Can i just say that im in my 40s and i started tripping around 14, tripped in the hundreds of times and NEVER had a bad trip. LSD, mescaline and mushrooms all in large doses. The less u worry about it, the less u have to worry about. If u put ur focus on set, setting and not being around inexperienced/hyperactive/judgemental people with bad vibes, the better off youll be. Dont be scared of 4 or 5 grams, its not the dose, its your mindset and surroundings that are important.
Stick to nice mellow or trippy music, nothing too intense, and avoid scary movies or anything spiritual since that can cause panic and or deep introspection and it sounds like you just want to have a kickass time on natures greatest gift to man. Nothing wrong with that

After u have a few large doses under ur belt, then if you choose to do some soul searching or u choose to engage in some deep political/religious conversations, ull be in a better position to maintain a level head.

I apologize for the fb text style of writing, im on my iphone and im being lazy :smile:

Good vibes to you. Trip report please!

--------------------
what is it that inspires us beyond
these temporal passions?
convictions.. they crumble beneath the question

Stavesacre "Handful of words"

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #15758915 - 02/04/12 03:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Extremely high doses are more likely to make you bad trip, but 2.5 - 3 grams isn't a high dose, so you'll be fine.

i would agree this is true for the first timers,

but in my personal experience, if i take less than 3 grams, i just get too weird, i cant fully immerse myself, i hold on to my reservations.

i need 5 or more to get a good response.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinetempusvita
PLATONIC
Male
Re: For shrooms, the more grams you take the more likely you can get a bad trip? [Re: bollocks]
    #15759316 - 02/04/12 08:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bollocks said:
My biggest concern for u is the fact that u seem overly concerned about a bad trip. Can i just say that im in my 40s and i started tripping around 14, tripped in the hundreds of times and NEVER had a bad trip. LSD, mescaline and mushrooms all in large doses. The less u worry about it, the less u have to worry about. If u put ur focus on set, setting and not being around inexperienced/hyperactive/judgemental people with bad vibes, the better off youll be. Dont be scared of 4 or 5 grams, its not the dose, its your mindset and surroundings that are important.
Stick to nice mellow or trippy music, nothing too intense, and avoid scary movies or anything spiritual since that can cause panic and or deep introspection and it sounds like you just want to have a kickass time on natures greatest gift to man. Nothing wrong with that

After u have a few large doses under ur belt, then if you choose to do some soul searching or u choose to engage in some deep political/religious conversations, ull be in a better position to maintain a level head.

I apologize for the fb text style of writing, im on my iphone and im being lazy :smile:

Good vibes to you. Trip report please!

Thanks a LOT!  This is exactly what I was thinking.  Can't thank you enough for the advice

--------------------

OfflineSwwert
Truck-Boat-Truck

#15759520 - 02/04/12 09:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EvolveShrooms said:
The higher the dose, the more delicate your state becomes. Its easy for the very simplest obstacles in daily life to become a shit storm of worry and confusion when your tripping dicks. It can go either way really, its like riding a bike down a pathway that gets narrower and narrower; sure you can stay on track, but going over the edge becomes ever more likely as go along upping the dose.

Well said sir
:bender:

--------------------
Whole Brown Rice Cakes TEK

"The mushrooms are just loving you back."
"Maria Sabina is a symbol of wisdom and love."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom