Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejehst
OfficialQueensbridgeMurderer
Transparent Terrarium is Bad?
    #1569711 - 05/22/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, I read somehwere that glass see-through aquariums produce fatasses? I thought you it was only the actual casing container that needed to be non-seethrough.

--------------------
All I have in this world are my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one. You understand me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: jehst]
    #1569751 - 05/22/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

only the actual casing container that needed to be non-seethrough.

this bit is true. the terrarium only needs to have some light enter somewhere for a short time, to initiate pinning. my terraria are seethru, cos i like the way they look, but i recommend plastic instead of glass, for many reasons.

:laugh:shirl
xx 

--------------------
buh

Offlineredfoot

#1569753 - 05/22/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I believe that your casing needs to only allow light in the way you would like the shrooms to grow. So say that you are using a clear tupperware for a casing you wuold want to put black tap around the sides of the container. Im new though so maybe somebody else might have more info.

redfoot

Offlinejehst
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: redfoot]
    #1569769 - 05/22/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks shirl, but what are the many reasons you'd recommend plastic instead of glass?

I think aquarium's would look leeter, plus they can hold lights, have lids, holes for air pump, and all that good stuff :-D

--------------------
All I have in this world are my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one. You understand me?

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1569774 - 05/22/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

plastic tubs - lighter, cheaper, easier to make holes in, don't crack.

--------------------
buh

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1570301 - 05/22/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hey, I read somehwere that glass see-through aquariums produce fatasses? I thought you it was only the actual casing container that needed to be non-seethrough.

fatasses are from a very high water content, and has nothing to do with light whatsoever. as long as your container is not see through, then whereever light is comin into ur terrarium the strongest is where your shrooms will grow towards.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: jakeholman]
    #1570309 - 05/22/03 08:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey shirl what do u think about Aquariums?? My buddys got a 100 gallon one and he wants to test it out.. U think he would have to cover the sides with garbage bags or somthin to keep most of hte light out. Or would it be fine??

This is the first iv heard of too muc light.

Offlinejehst
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: Legoulash]
    #1570346 - 05/22/03 08:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

jakeholman, are you saying the Economy Automated Terranium Tek is wrong?

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7964/pag/2

Quote:

(if you get a lot of fat asses, then cover the sides of the tank with the paper)

--------------------

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
    #1570572 - 05/22/03 09:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

magic rah, mr. rogers has a completely see thru rubbermaid with a see thru casing inside of it... it gets light all the time (indirect). i dont believe that too much light is BAD, because he showed me his shrooms and they look fine thus far. then again, mr. rogers teaches children how to tie shoes for a living and is quite new at this...

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleHairyNipple
Mister Clean
Loc: Idaho
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: Edge]
    #1570658 - 05/22/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

mr. rogers is dead

--------------------

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Transparent Terrarium is Bad? [Re: HairyNipple]
    #1570696 - 05/22/03 10:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thats true, and people also stole his car once... then realized it was his, and returned it nice and clean with a note "sorry, didnt know it was yours". read that a while ago.

correction from above.... a clear rubbermaid container hasnt caused me problems...

BUT A CLEAR FUCKING CASING CONTAINER HAS!!! dont follow the "shroom wizard's tek". i wouldnt recommend it for the fruiting section....

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1570771 - 05/22/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

(if you get a lot of fat asses, then cover the sides of the tank with the paper)

i am sayin that light will not induce fat asses. yes im sayin that the statement above is wrong.

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

#1570774 - 05/22/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

i am sayin that light will not induce fat asses. yes im sayin that the statement above is wrong. anyone feel free to say something either for or against.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom