Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

**new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush
    #1568007 - 05/22/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Here is the project that MushMush, has been working on for the past two years.

INSTANT MUSHROOMS

The idea for this product was born more than two years ago. Our goal was to create a mushroom grow kit that ANYONE could use.

Many people fail in growing mushrooms with the traditional mycelium kits because they need to tend to them on a daily basis.
When mycelium kits aren?t watered properly they produce poorly or will contaminate.

We wanted to create a kit that was fully self contained and that required no input from the user. It needed to be extremely easy to use, like pushing a button. Mushrooms at the tip of your finger.

Our Instant Mushroom kits are assembled individually in a laminar flow cabinet with the greatest care. This ensures you will receive a product of the highest quality.

If you are looking for ultimate convenience the Instant Mushrooms Kit is perfect for you!

INSTANT MUSHROOMS, A KIT WITH A DIFFERENCE

Traditional mycelium growkits need to be watered and placed in a terrarium. They can only be stored for a short period of time and only under refrigeration. Sending mycelium (which contains active compounds) is forbidden in most countries.

Our kit is different:

This kit doesn?t need a terrarium and can be placed virtually anywhere. You don?t have to water it; all the water and nutrients that are needed for healthy growth are contained within the substrate.

The kit itself does not contain any actively growing mycelium, only spores. It can be stored for months under normal conditions without problems.

But what sets this kit apart from it?s competition most, is the innovative way the lifecycle is started: simply by pushing a button.

PRESS AND PICK: HOW IT WORKS

To start the lifecycle the only thing you have to do is to push in the white dot on top of the kit with your finger. This will release a capsule and will start the lifecycle of the mushroom fungus. To speed up this process the kit needs to be shaken well.

Now the kit can be put anywhere as long as the temperature is between 20 and 30 degrees Celsius (68-86 degrees Fahrenheit). It should not be put in a dark place or directly in the sun.
Now the spores will germinate and the mycelium will begin to colonize the substrate. This change can be seen as the brown substrate becomes brilliantly white.
After about 4 weeks small white dots will form and these enlarge over the next 7-10 days into full sized mushrooms. The kit should not be opened before this moment.

A kit normally produces between 70 and 100 grams of fresh mushrooms in 5 weeks. Depending on the temperature this may be a little faster or slower. It doesn?t seem to influence the total mushroom production much.

Since the kit is fully self contained and sealed from the outside air there?s nothing that can go wrong! There?s no risk of contamination or flies.

SPECIAL INTRODUCTION OFFER
Normal price Euro 30,00
Intro discount Euro 10,00
INTRODUCTION PRICE Euro 20,00

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: Una]
    #1568155 - 05/22/03 01:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is an impressive kit! Good job!

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1568561 - 05/22/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Una, VERY good work.  Simple and effective!  We spoke once in chat about an idea that you had that would be very new and innovative.  That was a long time ago.

I'm assuming that this was the idea!  Good Work, and GOOD LUCK :smile:

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#1568953 - 05/22/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i hope this makes it a little clearer :laugh:

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1571349 - 05/23/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You could further improve it by placing a black collar on the bottom half of the jar, to prevent bottom fruiting and make the harvesting easier.

InvisibleOscuro_lobo
Dark Wolf

Loc: it doesn't really matter.
Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: Anno]
    #1571641 - 05/23/03 07:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You could further improve it by placing a black collar on the bottom half of the jar, to prevent bottom fruiting and make the harvesting easier.

I believe that would hinder the invitro fruiting, which as far as I can tell, is what's supposed to happen with this kit. Alternatively, that modification could be made by the customer if they wanted to use this kit for spawn as opposed to fruiting the jar invitro.

Awesome work Una! Shame you can't ship these to the US, I know a lot of people over here that would love one!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1571797 - 05/23/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats a very interesting idea....a very unique approach...too bad we cant get them state side....damn country....always at war with someone.....

this thing has me scratching my head...'how do they come up with this stuff' ...'did they invent the microwave milkshake'....it would be great to have just because of the novelty....

P#1
...Anno...your avatar keeps staring at me and it's kinda creeping me out....

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #1571894 - 05/23/03 11:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Great idea to get more people involved in this hobby!

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
    #1571906 - 05/23/03 11:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

High Una,

My P&P is ready to fruit :smile:

Till know it works realy great.
I did not give it any special threatment, like a nice incubator stay, but kept it in my closet.

When things are ready I will sent you the pictures that come along.

Concratulations with this product ! 

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

OfflineRustik
Where am I?

#1571981 - 05/23/03 11:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Also, the jars don't seem to be wide-mouth..

If you were to use a wide mouth jar, removing the harvest would be easier ( and you could keep the jar :wink: )

--------------------

The blue... the blue!!!

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: Rustik]
    #1574386 - 05/24/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Una, VERY good work. Simple and effective! We spoke once in chat about an idea that you had that would be very new and innovative. That was a long time ago.

I'm assuming that this was the idea! Good Work, and GOOD LUCK

Thank you very much :smile: Yes this is it. Took way too long before we could finally launch it. We had a lot of troubles with finding the proper lids, and when we finally did it took more than 3 months for them to arrive :s

Also, 2 weeks before the planned launch date we found out that some other people were using the name we came up with.....This really pissed us off, especially since we already had the labels printed...

Anyways, this allowed for more testing and fine-tuning so the kits are even better than they would have been a few months back :laugh:

Quote:

The whole idea is to get in-vitro mushrooms and since the whole kit can be harvested at once there's really no need to. If people would want to use it as spawn they can keep it in the dark and it will not pin at all.

Quote:

Awesome work Una! Shame you can't ship these to the US, I know a lot of people over here that would love one!

I'm pretty sure you will be able to order these from the US (just not from us directly)

Quote:

If you were to use a wide mouth jar, removing the harvest would be easier ( and you could keep the jar  )

We still have more than 2000 of these jars so the design will not change soon. Doesn't matter since the kit should be harvested at once. With a knife you can get them out allright (although they may be a little bit damaged).

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
    #1574516 - 05/24/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is the best invention yet. Its easy, simple, and effective. I Think it is up there with the PF Tek. Great work

OfflineMycena
mycoexplorer
Loc: indonesia
    #1575969 - 05/25/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hey una nice!

We've had that idea too- seems like your a bit ahead :smile:

One question may be the legal one - with it all so conveniently packaged does it raise a legal concern - like intent to manufacture

Invisiblemycophreak
journeyman
Loc: Europe
    #1580534 - 05/27/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I guess it would work even better with a shoulderless jar. Now you will have to break it to get the mushrooms out!

But it is good that the cultivation container is transparent. There is another supplier in the Netherlands with a similar kit, called pushandgrow. Like this one it is a moist, sterile whole kernel substrate with mushroom spores but without oxygen. Press a button, the container sucks up oxygen through a mini filter, and the spores germinate. The pushandgrow kit is in a shoulderless container, but unfortunately an opaque one. Which means that you can not see how the mycelium is doing during incubation.

BTW - a simple adaption of Hippies' mycro tek can do the same thing but then without a button: just inoculate the PF Substrate jars (or shotglasses), then place them in a plastic bag and suck the air out (vacuum sealer). The spores germinate at the moment that the bag is cut open (air is filtered through the dry toplayer). If screwcap jars are used they can be mailed without the bag (close the lid firm when the jar is still in the vacuum sealed bag).

Yachaj

Invisiblemycophreak
journeyman
    #1581980 - 05/27/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What I don't understand is where the button and the capsule is for? Spores survive a vacuum perfectly fine. You do not need to do more than inoculate & remove the air. Customers release vacuum and the spores take off.

Yachaj

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: mycophreak]
    #1584235 - 05/28/03 07:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Are you sure spores won?t germinate in a vacuum? I mean, you can?t produce a perfect vacuum, there will still be some air left in the jar.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1586901 - 05/28/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

The way I percieve it....the capsule is to prevent contact between the spores and the mycelieum before the user is ready to use it....vacuum or not I can still see partial colonization happening....

Invisiblemycophreak
journeyman
    #1587948 - 05/29/03 04:48 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Are you sure spores won?t germinate in a vacuum? I mean, you can?t produce a perfect vacuum, there will still be some air left in the jar.

A perfectionist approach would be to first place an inoculated jar in a vacuum, then
add another gas (nitrogen for instance), then suck it vacuum again.

Yachaj

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: mycophreak]
    #1589034 - 05/29/03 02:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

ala guiness.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineHans_Moleman
????

Loc: Canadia
Re: **new** INSTANT MUSHROOMS from MushMush [Re: Raadt]
    #1591937 - 05/30/03 12:43 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

how much canadian is this???

--------------------
One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules