Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: MUTANT!
    #15649 - 05/04/00 04:28 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

You know, if you have a strain of shrooms that have a hole in the top, you are almost obligated to get those spores out into the community, as a curiosity if nothing else

------------------
http://www.sporemagic.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineoOjonahOo
addict
    #15651 - 05/04/00 05:38 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

please post pics if you have the capability...

where were they from?

--------------------
Ultimate Mycodirectory v4.0

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #15652 - 05/04/00 05:54 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

I cant post pics, i dont have a scanner. They are PF's amazonian strain. The holes just look like a cross-section if you took a hole out of the cap. One has 4 holes in various places of its cap. Forgot..it MAY, not at all positive, have something to do with my substrate. I used sweet and low in it. Read my other post...its called "THANKS"
The mycelium had HEAVY rhizomorphic growth, ive never seen anything like it. SOme of the strands were an inch and a half long.

[This message has been edited by BoomerZ (edited May 04, 2000).]

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15653 - 05/05/00 02:26 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yeah, Now I know why I scoffed at the sweet n low idea without really thinking about it. Large concentrations of simple sugars leads to mutations. This is common in all mushrooms, not just our friends. That's probably it. I would love to see some pix though.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineKrupa
veteran
    #15654 - 05/05/00 03:41 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Are the mutants still ok to consume? Might be fun to grow a batch of really screwed up mushrooms for a laugh. I think I'll try it. Thanks for the idea. : )

-Good day, friends.

OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
    #15655 - 05/05/00 02:56 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

It may just be the strain (PFMR) buton half a cake i have MASSIVE pinning. Well over 30 pins. (still on the sweetnlow) Also, today those "holy pins" are way trippy lookin. The holes are beginnnig to invert exposing gills and the stem in the middle of the holes. Still growin great tho! Ive also heard of mutants being MORE potent thjan regular shrooms, though i bet they are of equal potency as normal ones.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #15656 - 05/05/00 06:00 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Since they are mutants, they could go either way in potency. Probably no change though. yes they should be safe to consume. this is probably a phenotypic mutation and not a genotypic one, so once you start using regular substrate again they should disappear. I could be wrong on that last part though, especially if kept on the crazy substrate for several generations.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
    #15657 - 05/06/00 04:52 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

On one occasion that same type of mutation showed up on one of my PF/MR fruitbodies. There was only one hole in the top of the cap and it was surrounded by gills facing up. I thought it was weird looking too, but ate it regardless. It was fine. P. Cubensis as a species have been known to regularly mutate. Mushrooms grown from tissue culture are apparantly more prone to mutation.

------------------
Baldy

OfflinePlacebo
    #15658 - 05/06/00 05:27 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

mycofile: I've never really heard about simple sugars leading to mutation (except maybe in the case of carmelized malt in agar). A while ago I had a few batches that had a high percentage of mutants (and really freaky looking mutants, at that), and I couldn't really figure out the cause. After reading your post, I remembered that at the time I was experimenting with different substrate addatives, one of which was malt extract. If our theories are correct, then it sounds like that was the cause. Here are a couple of pics (sorry about the bad quality of these).

There are a few of these (and a couple others) at my website.

OfflineWildLASER
Infinity In AGrain Of Salt

#15659 - 05/06/00 06:37 PM (23 years, 10 months ago)

Nice pics, but the time lapse is definetly the coolest! Although doing it in jars for one time lapse, and then from the casing with no pins, to full mushrooms, that would be neat as hell.

What type of camera did you use?

All I got is a web cam (not that high quality images, but it could work?), and I would consider it if I had Win2k drivers for this camera.

--------------------
,'~Þ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate