Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptainAhab

Panaeolus cyanescens Strain Discussion; And Other Pan. Species (cambod., suphanburi)
    #15627678 - 01/06/12 09:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There are lots of different types of Panaeolus cyanescens, a lot of them seen on sponsor's webpages, such as Ralphster's Spores http://www.ralphstersspores.com/CAN/index.php?cPath=2 and Sporeworks http://sporeworks.com/Panaeolus-Copelandia-Spore-Syringes/?mega=y along with many other species, such as cambodginiensis, suphanburi, etc.

Which leads me to ask you guys, can we discuss these here in mushroom cultivation?

If we can, I'm curious about people's opinions on the different strains and species, and making some sort of headway with the whole thing.

Which are your favorites? Do you think that certain species are better than others? What strains have you personally tripped on?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Strain Discussion; And Other Pan. Species (cambod., suphanburi) [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #15628037 - 01/06/12 11:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7955834/gonew/1#UNREAD

I know Cevantes tried this kinda thead but his was in his journal in that link. :smirk:

:nothingtoadd:

:plur::watchingyou::plur:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Strain Discussion; And Other Pan. Species (cambod., suphanburi) [Re: 13shrooms]
    #15628080 - 01/06/12 11:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Pan Cambo Suph Goliath WBS jars. Currently almost %100. Will be doing G2G transfers in a day or two.

The plan is to spawn to bulk. I tried BRF/Manure cakes once before without luck. I have yet to ingest them, as I havent had a successful grow yet.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Strain Discussion; And Other Pan. Species (cambod., suphanburi) [Re: CaptainAhab]
    #15630515 - 01/07/12 03:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I started this but haven't got very many strains done so far.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/9511710

Suphanburi isn't a species.  I don't know why Ralphster labels pans like that since its inaccurate and misleading.  Suphanburi is the locality and can either be cambodginiensis or cyanescens depending on the original collection.  There were at least 2 collections from Suphanburi so its hard to know what you may get as far as which species.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineCaptainAhab

Re: Panaeolus cyanescens Strain Discussion; And Other Pan. Species (cambod., suphanburi) [Re: Workman]
    #15631923 - 01/07/12 08:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, 13shrooms and Workman in my post. Thanks for commenting. I just read Workman's Panaeolus descriptions, and yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking about for my thread (before I saw his, anyways).

Here's a paste from Workman's thread:

"Classification of Panaeolus species and strains.  The first of many to be assessed.  Microscopic features will be added later.

Standardized cultivation parameters:

Culture: Multispore unless otherwise noted
Substrate: 1 quart sterilized jar of horse manure.
Casing: Peat with 10-15% calcium carbonate (chalk) by volume, pasteurized and applied very thinly.
Temperature: 78-80F
Humidity: 90% with periodic hand misting as needed.
Substrate is removed from quart jars and placed into standard black trays, cased and immediately put into fruiting chamber at above environmental settings.

Note:  Features can differ with changes in environment, substrate and differences arising from multispore cultures.  Different spore sources may also provide very different versions under the same strain name.  Your mileage will vary.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Species:Panaeolus cambodginiensis
Strain: Goliath (Suphanburi, Thailand)
Source: Sporeworks.com print
Days from casing: 9
Description: Dark pins, chocolate to olive coloration, helps to distinguish this species from the paler Panaeolus cyanescens.

Comments:  Originally isolated from a single dried specimen collected by John Allen.  Potentially produces very large specimens under ideal conditions with tremendous spore production.  Reportedly sensitive to less than ideal environmental conditions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Species:Panaeolus cambodginiensis
Strain: Sandoze Domesticate (Florida)
Days from casing: 9
Description: Very dark pins, chocolate coloration, helps to distinguish this species from the paler Panaeolus cyanescens.  Cap margin sometimes scalloped, dark coloration of pins fades to a more grayish coloration at maturity.

Comments: Microscopically similar to Panaeolus tropicalis but a recent closer examination makes P. cambodginiensis a better fit.  Stabilized by repeated cultivations and selections, this strain is very reliable and tolerates less than ideal growing conditions.  Very similar to the Goliath strain but slightly smaller and 1 day slower to mature. Harvested on day 10.

Species:Panaeolus cyanescens?
Strain: Red Down Under (RDU)
Days from casing: 11
Description: A red spored mutation of an Australian species of Copelandia.  Microscopic and cultivation features are similar to P. cambodginiensis but the spores in the normal black spored version are of P. cyanescens size.  Some minor sclerotia formation noted which is also a feature of P. cambodginiensis.  Caps are an attractive toffee color when young, fading to cream in age.  Gills are reddish brown at maturity.  Spore production low, often difficult to print.

Species:Panaeolus cyanescens
Strain: Australian
Days from casing: ? (check notes)
Description: Good productive strain but tends to produce very long stems even under good air exchange.  Mushrooms tend to topple over under their own weight"

Something like ^^ is perfect. We should resurrect Workman's thread

--------------------

OfflineIamYou
heretic

#15632202 - 01/07/12 09:12 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have a plate of Pan cambodginiensis (it may in fact be pan cyan) that germinated a few days ago and growth is pretty slow.  Well, germination was extremely slow as well.  It took exactly 30 days(i was close to getting rid of it) before i noticed any signs of germination.

Has anyone else had a hard time germinating Pan cambo?

--------------------
“Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego.”
- You

Remember, be here now...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures