Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

PF tek KSSS grow *update 1-6*
    #15609959 - 01/03/12 11:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Here's the specs of my grow so far:
Colonization was between 11/11 and 12/23 in half pint tall jars (i birthed the jars as they finished and consolidated, so they haven't all been in the FC since then)
They're fanned 5-6 times a day and misted 1-2 (usually just once)
12/12 light cycle with a 6700k 23watt cfl
temperatures were low during colonization, but so far fruting temps have been in the mid-60's

This is my first grow, and 90% of pictures i can find in archived grows have been deleted or expired, so I'm not 100% sure how I'm doing, or if there are any obvious deficiencies I can correct. Sorry in advance for the cell phone camera.

Now, on to the fun stuff!

This is my fattie. I call him fattie. he's wonderful, i think.

This is the major cluster on one of my cakes. It's a little difficult to see from the picture, but I think the veil might be tearing on the largest one...

This is a messed up bunch of primordia/knots that developed invitro.I birthed, dunked, and rolled this one just 3 days ago. The pin head hasn't turned black, and they appear to be growing, but it does look bizzare...

and finally, this is another cake i just birthed, that had been pinning for days in the jar, and was SO HARD to get out of the jar. I didn't end up damaging the cake by using a knife or anything, but i literally watched my poor pins bruise like crazy every time i smacked the jar. I'm 100% sure this isn't contam, because the pins were perfect mushroom-cream colored until the first time i hit the jar to dislodge the cake... do you think they'll survive this amount of damage, though?

*Update 1-6-12*

I harvested, and began to dry, my first shrooms!

partially dry... how much water is that last 'few drops' before cracker dry? I don't have desiccant, and I'm planning on taking them in the next few days, so I figure almost-dry is good enough (cruncy but slightly pliant)

this is my fat pin from the previous pictures. 19g wet isn't too bad!

I'll update again after I test them, and get the final weight of my first flush.

Edited by mystery_myco (01/06/12 12:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerazzleman
Enthusiast

Loc: Bumfuck Egypt
Re: fruiting brf cakes with pics -- how am i doing? [Re: mystery_myco]
    #15610091 - 01/03/12 12:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you seem to be doing pretty well! good job man. However, i would suggest picking the damaged invitro pins as they could rot and provide a massive contam vector. From your mushrooms i would say you are fanning enough so :thumbup:. Keep doing what youre doing and GL.

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
Re: fruiting brf cakes with pics -- how am i doing? [Re: razzleman]
    #15610164 - 01/03/12 12:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm wondering,did you soak the cakes in water for 24 hrs prior to birthing(dunk and roll)?  If not you may get a better pin set next time if you do.  Looks good though

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

Re: fruiting brf cakes with pics -- how am i doing? [Re: lsatrap]
    #15610181 - 01/03/12 12:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I did dunk all except the last (majorly bruised) cake for 24 hours

the last cake i dunked for 12 because i wasn't sure if dunking that one longer would damage the already messed up fruits.

and razzleman: thanks! i'm going to give them a day to settle / hydrate / pull away from the rest of the cake (they're currently caked on -- see what i did there?) and if they don't have significant growth i'll cut them off.

edit: the poor pinset might also be caused by the fact that the jars colonized oddly -- the top half of them pulled 1/2 an inch away from the jar, all consolidated-looking and dry, before the final few spots finished.

Edited by mystery_myco (01/03/12 12:54 PM)

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

#15610218 - 01/03/12 01:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How long did you wait after consolidation to birth them? I like to wait at least a week after they look fully consolidated. This has proving to me to aid in a bigger pin set.

--------------------

Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

#15610239 - 01/03/12 01:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said, I birthed them at different times. two of them had no consolidation period, one had 4 days, and the one that has those huge bruised pins got a full week... i feel like I shouldn't have given the last one the full week because of what ended up happening.

i still have 5 more jars colonizing, and some of them have already begun to pin before they're done. i THINK it's because of how long they've been in the jars (almost 7 weeks now), low temperature problems, and the fact that they're the tall 1/2 pints.

the cake with the nicest pins/fruits so far was the one that i took out the day after it was visually colonized...

Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

#15610244 - 01/03/12 01:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

also: i  know i technically should consolidate every jar, but since i lost 0 to contams and this is a practice grow, i let myself be impatient with a few of the jars

i figured if i didn't lose any to contams, i might as well have a few weaker yields because of impatience :crazy:

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

#15610391 - 01/03/12 01:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have the same problem here with low temps in my house this time of year.  I would agree with you and say the 7 weeks in jars is reason for small pin set. Some is better then none.

--------------------

Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

#15610445 - 01/03/12 02:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i've never taken shrooms before, so yes, some is definitely better than none! i'm addicted, though, and as soon as i'm not dirt poor i'm getting a pc and some wbs!

thanks for the input, i'm getting super excited.

Offlinemystery_myco
Stranger
Female

Re: PF tek KSSS grow *update 1-6* [Re: mystery_myco]
    #15623319 - 01/06/12 12:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

*Update 1-6-12*

I harvested, and began to dry, my first shrooms!

partially dry... how much water is that last 'few drops' before cracker dry? I don't have desiccant, and I'm planning on taking them in the next few days, so I figure almost-dry is good enough (cruncy but slightly pliant)

this is my fat pin from the previous pictures. 19g wet isn't too bad!

I'll update again after I test them, and get the final weight of my first flush.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PF tek KSSS grow *update 1-6* [Re: mystery_myco]
    #15623566 - 01/06/12 02:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Man.. Taking those mushrooms for the first time after growing them is gonna mindfuck you so hard.  You'll totally never be the same after that.  In a good way. :wink:

And it doesn't matter if they're not cracker dry if you eat them, I like em fresh, sometimes.  You just don't want to store them away before all the water is evaporated or evil things could happen to them.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Re: PF tek KSSS grow *update 1-6* [Re: Inocuole]
    #15624035 - 01/06/12 07:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Enjoy it.  It truly is a more magical thing growing them yourself.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract