Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Loc: ∞
My ass looks good on a resume * 6
    #15576540 - 12/27/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If people can only obtain a simple job, or are financially required to work a job they don't like in order to pay the bills, I've heard several people respond with: "well, it looks good on a resume."

Or, if someone speaks about volunteering experience, or learning a random skill, or mastering a foreign language, it's the same old reply: "oh, that will look good on a resume!"

Fuck your God damn resume. It's life. It looks good on life.

If the canvas of the soul is painted with experience, then there is no right path or wrong path. Too many people quantify the value of their knowledge and experience for an employer.

It's almost as bad as hanging out with people and the first thing that comes up is "what do you do for a living?"

I breathe oxygen, you lifeless cunt.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Morphogenesis]
    #15576550 - 12/27/11 01:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Why the hate?

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineOuija
Male

Loc: Pacific North West
    #15576551 - 12/27/11 01:49 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

QFT :thumbup:

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15576555 - 12/27/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Frankly I see where he's coming from.

People believe too often that your career is what defines you.

It's not.

You are what defines you.

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#15576566 - 12/27/11 01:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Why the hate?

what happened to the Meddle avatar

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #15576570 - 12/27/11 01:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had it up on MySpace and apparently they'd finally had enough of people linking to their images. :sad:

I realize I could probably use imgur or something like that, but I'm very lazy, you see.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
    #15576571 - 12/27/11 02:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think people define their perception of their own value by other people's perception of their value.

If you perceive someone as having admirable traits, and they validate your perception of your admirable traits, you increase your perception of your own value.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Ouija] * 4
    #15576585 - 12/27/11 02:08 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ouija said:

uses QFT
:scumbagsteve:
doesn't include quote

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15576593 - 12/27/11 02:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
I think people define their perception of their own value by other people's perception of their value.

I believe so as well, and this becomes such a habit for people. If our one-dimensional environment surrounds us with the same message we gradually become convinced that it is a legitimate measure of livelihood for ourselves.

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Why the hate?

No hatred here. But as another Shroomerite recently commented about feeling a part of a movie script (nevermind Mister Muscaria's mentioning of the magical adjustment bureau), whenever so many points of awareness define themselves according to social criteria, labels, and measurements of worth - it begins to weigh on you.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Morphogenesis] * 1
    #15576598 - 12/27/11 02:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Im afraid this really exists.

:tinfoil:

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #15576608 - 12/27/11 02:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

We all inhabit unique reality tunnels. My complaint is that it appears most people inhabit very similar ones that are already pre-assembled.

We're all selling time. The paper is a ticking clock.

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Im afraid this really exists.

:tinfoil:

As I see it, the adjustment bureau is the novelty factor of consciousness that co-creates reality at such a speed that first-person-ME-consciousness always perceives it as "new events and things." Reality isn't changing so much as the brain's ability to creatively keep consciousness from perceiving behind the wiring of reality (ourselves).

John Lilly has an interesting bit about it as it relates to synchronicity.

"In ones life there can be peculiarly appropriate chains of related events that lead to consequences that are strongly desired. After such experiences, one wonders how such a series of events developed; sometimes there is a strong feeling that some intelligence (greater than ours) directed the course along certain lines which It/He/She was/is programming. Several years ago, I enunsiated a format for such concatenations of events, somewhat

"There exists a Cosmic Control Center (C.C.C.) with a Galactic substation called Galactic Coincidence Control (G.C.C.). Within which is the Solar System Control Unit (S.S.C.U.), within which is the Earth Coincidence Control Office (E.C.C.O.). The assignments of responsiblities from the top to the bottom of this system of control is by a set of regulations, which translated by E.C.C.O. for humans is somewhat as follows:"

http://www.futurehi.net/docs/ECCO.html

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#15576616 - 12/27/11 02:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have a feeling you are going to try to recruit me for some sort of reality game that I am not interested in playing.

OfflineOuija
Male

Loc: Pacific North West
Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Idiot]
    #15576630 - 12/27/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Idiot said:
Quote:

Ouija said:

uses QFT
:scumbagsteve:
doesn't include quote

What do you think I'm quoting genius? It's blatantly obvious so no need to make the reader read the same thing twice. :picard:

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15576634 - 12/27/11 02:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
I have a feeling you are going to try to recruit me for some sort of reality game that I am not interested in playing.

This is what we're all doing.

I'm advertising ideas in this digital marketplace. You don't want to buy these fancy lenses from me?

"The ordinary person senses the greatness of the odds against him even without thought or analysis, and he adapts his attitudes unconsciously. A huge passivity has settled on industrial society. For people carried about in mechanical vehicles, earning their living by waiting on machines, listening much of the waking day to canned music, watching packaged movie entertainment and capsulated news, for such people it would require an exceptional degree of awareness and an especial heroism of effort to be anything but supine consumers of processed goods.

Once we have surrendered our senses and nervous systems to the private manipulation of those who would try to benefit from taking a lease on our eyes and ears and nerves, we don't really have any rights left. Leasing our eyes and ears and nerves to commercial interests is like handing over the common speech to a private corporation, or like giving the earth's atmosphere to a company as a monopoly."

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#15576642 - 12/27/11 02:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That makes sense.

Is there anyway out besides living alone on a mountain top?

Is it even possible to live completely immersed in a reptilian run society and be impervious to the sociological programming, brainwashing and ego games?

Does anything really exist anyway?

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15576668 - 12/27/11 02:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Is there anyway out besides living alone on a mountain top?

I think actually being born on a mountaintop has less of an escapist feeling to it than making the pilgrimage. The only Zen you find there is the Zen you bring with you. And while there we can never escape the causal reasoning for why we left the town below.

Quote:

Is it even possible to live completely immersed in a reptilian run society and be impervious to the sociological programming, brainwashing and ego games?

I don't think so. R. A. Wilson's "maybe logic" and relativity has been the only sane way (to my mind) to understand the position of our world views embedded in the array of ideas within the gene swarm. No one ever unplugs or disconnects. Similarly, no one is dialing the channels for anyone else in any real sense. Conspiracy theories have been ripped to shreds by systems theories and chaos equations.

The secret of the Illuminatus writings is that they toy with intrinsic habits and patterns in the mind to make relationships. Prolonged exposure to psychostimulants amplify this tendency and the output is my ex-girlfriend's uncle, for instance, who after years of dextroamphetamine binges became convinced that everyone was an agent for the system. The nutters are partially right, but "the system" isn't against them personally - it's against everyone. A headless horseman, so to speak.

Quote:

Does anything really exist anyway?

I'll stroke Alan Watt's balls by praising this one of his: "Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That's what our knowledge amounts to."

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#15576704 - 12/27/11 03:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

is it useless and fruitless to even attempt to unplug, escape or disconnect?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #15576714 - 12/27/11 03:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think so. It's all in what you make of it.

Although how much good are you to society if you just unplug from it completely?

Sure you can go live in the woods somewhere. but eventually, someone will pollute your river, if it's not already.

I think we just need to build a better system. A way better one. And can't do that by running away from it.
Gotta grab that shit by the balls. Kick it a few times.

We can rebuild it. We have the technology.

I don't mean stupid ass technology either like the internal combustion engine and nuclear bombs.
That's an example of retard technology. That's the shit that helped get us in this mess in the first place.

You can think little you cannot change such a big, deeply rooted problem
But that's exactly what THEY want you to think.

And you don't want to think what they want you think.

Fact is, people change shit all the time.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: My ass looks good on a resume [Re: Shroomism]
    #15576722 - 12/27/11 03:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

At the same time it's useless to try to change something that's inherently corrupt.
I think the system must be toppled before a better one may be built.

OfflineMorphogenesis
Theatre Semiotics

#15576729 - 12/27/11 03:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Muscaria:

I don't know. We're doing good discovering some chemical disconnects. Yet the irony is the inner worlds we inhabit in altered states are composed of the schemas we learn from culture -- plus some inheritable Jungian archetypes.

You're about to embark on international travel. I find that's a good way to witness how we can swap cognitive operating systems. What do you think? The real kicker though is that diversity of world views are being monopolized by globalization of news, media, entertainment, music, etc. It used to be that finding a mountain someone hasn't already dominated was impossible, now the trick is finding a culture or an individual that doesn't already define his identity according to the Whole Book, rather than Chapter !Kung.

Quote:

We can rebuild it.

Shroomism:

I'm optimistic personally. I think people are becoming more intelligent and socially cooperative (despite the evil, manipulative news outlets). The emotional problem I believe is feeling significant. We have decommissioned our individual importance due to grasping our mind around the complexity of the world and the surging population.

If the 1% genetic difference between us and primates ended up with the Hubble telescope, imagine the intellectual output from another 1% difference between us and our future incarnations.

--------------------
Machine Age Maya

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order