Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineComradez
stargazer
Male

Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible?
    #15538016 - 12/19/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So, I have a friend who takes small amounts of Klonopin regularly for prevention of panic attacks and general anxiety.  So tripping on mushrooms is out of the question.

However, what about salvia?  Would Klonopin cancel a salvia trip too?  Would it possibly even synergize with salvia?  Is this combo safe?

I was only able to find one trip report on erowid with this combination:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=43963
Granted, this was also adding beer to the mix, which I would not advise my friend to do. 

If, as this post suggests, the mutual effect will be synergy if anything, then I can just advise my friend to do a smaller amount.  I basically just want to make sure that this combo would be safe.

I mean, I can't see why it wouldn't be. 

As for worries about my friend getting a panic attack from the salvia trip...

My experience with salvia is, there is a very small window on the come-up from where you have reason to freak out to where your mind is incapable of comprehending why it should be freaking out.  Then, on the come-down, there's a similar window, but it's not as unsettling because you can feel that you are coming down.  Then, a few moments later, you are entirely back and left with a feeling of :highfive: and :freshwtf: :ancientaliens:  :loldongs: so I just can't envision someone spiraling into an escalating sense of crisis after the drug has already worn off (whereas I can very easily imagine how it would feel to build up an escalating sense of panic while on a longer classical psychedelic and knowing that you couldn't get off the ride for another several hours.

Thoughts?

--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineiSmkGrnBud
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: Your subconscious
Re: Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible? [Re: Comradez]
    #15538040 - 12/19/11 01:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I personally dont like the k-pins. They seem to effect me harder and more intense than xanax. Actually only have taken them twice, but the first time I dont remember a thing but minor bits and pieces. But the story goes we all went to eat at a Mongolian buffet and I apparently went from table to table with a crawdad, asking people if they preferred to suck the brains out or leave them. Nothing really too bad, but the memory loss was so intense. And the second time I did them, it was like a complete blackout. And im one that pharmaceuticals dont heavily affect. But with small amounts like described (im pretty sure theyre prescribed) I would say nothing like that would happen.

Salvia has gotten pretty intense on me a few times, and like said before im definitely not one for K-pins, I wouldnt go near a mixture like that. But shit salvia with ANY other benzo's im down.

--------------------
:bigweed:  iSmkGrnBud's Teks  :bigweed:
:mushroomgrow: iSmkGrnBud's Wild Mushroom Finds :mushroomgrow:
:amanita2: The Noob Forum's List of Teks :amanita2:

“The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search the chance of success is zero.” -Giuseppe Cocconi

OfflineComradez
stargazer
Male

Re: Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible? [Re: iSmkGrnBud]
    #15538120 - 12/19/11 02:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

But what if this person is able to function normally on the amount of Klonopin he/she usually takes?  Would adding salvia to that be a bad idea?  Would it exacerbate the disorientation aspect of the salvia trip?  The forgetfulness of what one's real past life was?  That sort of stuff?

--------------------

They say that life's a carousel / Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well / The world is full of kings and queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams / It's heaven and hell - Ronnie James Dio (RIP) :headbanger:

OfflineComradez
stargazer
Male

#15546335 - 12/20/11 04:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Really?  No other opinions on this?  (And is it out of lack of interest, or because this is such a novel combination that people just don't have much experience with it?)

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #15546565 - 12/20/11 05:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

try it...

personally I don't find benzos kill a trip... they just make it easier to relax during the trip :shrug:

I can't remember if I've done salvia on benzos though...

just make sure it isn't a whopping benzo dose

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineComradez
stargazer
Male

Re: Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible? [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15547310 - 12/20/11 07:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Cool, thanks for the advice.  I've personally never done any sort of psychedelic on benzos, so I have no idea how much it kills a trip (and even then salvia is a special case), and my friend has never done any psychedelic, so, assuming he likes the idea, we'll see...

--------------------

OfflineAmonTobinFan
Stranger
Male

#15547407 - 12/20/11 08:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Salvia actually works as a dissociative, so it's drug reactions are different then the classic psychedelics. To my knowledge benzos don't affect dissociatives in any dangerous way, probably would be better with a sitter either way (as with all Salvia trips).

Good luck! :thaaannks:

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible? [Re: AmonTobinFan]
    #15547862 - 12/20/11 09:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If anything, I feel that the benzo would just help put the mind at ease. I think it would just make the trip more easygoing. I find that psychedelic+benzo = Less mindfuck, same visuals.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: Klonopin + salvia? Safe? Feasible? [Re: bholzer]
    #15548199 - 12/20/11 10:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I recall Coaster using some benzo to ease the transition into DMT hyperspace.  Could be the same with salvia.  I'd give it a go.  Just make sure you smoke lots.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies