Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVel
mushroom pimphandler
Hmmm.Contaminated Aborts??? Safe to ingest?
    #1553162 - 05/16/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ok. A friend had a casing gone 90% bad. he managed to save 2 areas of the casing where there were a bunch of pins popping up. he tossed them in the terrarium and crossed his fingers.

It turns out, there is one OK sized shroom growing from each little cake he has salvaged. The rest of the pins aborted.

The normal growing shrooms look completely fine, albeit miniature versions of the last flush. There is some slight bluing on one of the stems however, and I dont know if this could be a contam or if it's just the psilo'.

So...Can anyone tell me what a contaminated abort would look like? Or a contaminated shroom in general? is there any certain smells? These aborts have that shroomy smell, along with that tangy sort of odd smell too.

My friend really wants to take the aborts as he wants to salvage what he can of the casing. The cakes that are growing in the terrarium now (the 2 pieces salvaged from the casing) have no mold on them anywhere, so I'm assuming everything is OK.

ALSO..He scooped out some extra area that had a small bit of green mold..the area also had 2 aborts growing, This was 2 days ago. He put what he scooped out into a plastic baggie and rolled it up and set it on a counter to dispose of later. However 2 days passed, and he forgot to toss the bag. He looked at it today, and the pins are still there, they have not aborted yet, and the 2 small mold areas haven't spread to anywhere else in the bag. Hmm.. What would you guys make of this? Pins safe to pick? They look fine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: Hmmm.Contaminated Aborts??? Safe to ingest? [Re: Vel]
    #1553299 - 05/16/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

So...Can anyone tell me what a contaminated abort would look like?

Aborts in general are NOT safe to eat if they have very dark caps.

Quote:

Or a contaminated shroom in general? is there any certain smells? These aborts have that shroomy smell, along with that tangy sort of odd smell too.

dont eat them. i dont like the 'tangy' smell for sure...

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag