Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Maximizing Rizomorphic odds
    #15520541 - 12/15/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I just streaked 40 petri dishes with Golden Teacher spores. They have been sitting at about 76 degrees. Im only getting cottony, ariel mycelium, no rizomorphs. Im wondering if my temps are to high within the petri dishes, which is not allowing rizomorphs, or if Im just really unlucky. My big question, is their a way to maximize the chances of getting rizomorphic mycelium in my petri dishes with temp or humidity?

--------------------
The mushrooms just keep following me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXLucy in the SkyX
with Diamonds
Male

Re: Maximizing Rizomorphic odds [Re: Hashbuble]
    #15520570 - 12/15/11 12:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

how long has it been? when you do spore germination the mycelium will sector. often starting out cottony, it will then change to linear or rizomorphic as it grows out. its the nature of mycelium to sector. only propogate rizomorphic sectors and you will eventually get a pure fruiting strain. i have also "mated" 2 different strains of linear mycelium in a petri to make rizomorphic myciluim.

--------------------
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve, nor will he recieve, either.
-Benjamin Franklin

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Re: Maximizing Rizomorphic odds [Re: XLucy in the SkyX]
    #15520607 - 12/15/11 12:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's been 8 days or so, the mycelium has almost fully colonized the dishes. It just feels like my incubation temperatures cause high humidity which causes ariel and cottony mycelium. I feel like cooler temps less humidity and therefore more likely rizomrphic mycelium, but Im really not sure.

--------------------

Offlinesteelmonkey
Homejigger
Male

Loc: Nova Scotia,Canada Flag
Re: Maximizing Rizomorphic odds [Re: Hashbuble]
    #15520695 - 12/15/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You shouldn't let the dish colonize that much,transfer a rice kernal size when growth reaches a dime/quarter size

Also try making your agar plate at half strenght

Also if your plate has fully colonized in 8 days since first streak I have my doubts its mycelium

--------------------

InvisibleHashbuble
Mycocentric Mutha Fucker
 User Gallery

Re: Maximizing Rizomorphic odds [Re: steelmonkey]
    #15520728 - 12/15/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

steelmonkey said:
You shouldn't let the dish colonize that much,transfer a rice kernal size when growth reaches a dime/quarter size

Also try making your agar plate at half strenght

Also if your plate has fully colonized in 8 days since first streak I have my doubts its mycelium

Its definetly mycelium I'll upload pics later tonight. I did not relize that I should transfer at about the size of a dime/quarter so thank you.  I do feel like at the dime quarter size their are no rizomorphs, so I just keep letting it grow out.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags