Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFreshShit
Stranger
 User Gallery

Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics?
    #15484984 - 12/08/11 09:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I generally listen to rap and listen to all genres of rock (80% rap 20% rock). Despite listening to mostly rap I was never able to enjoy it on psychs. On Psychedelics all I would usually listen to is classic rock and alternative also occasionally some dubstep and music similar to that.

My last mushroom trip I put on my usual playlist but just wasn't feeling it so I thought maybe I've over played it. So I tried some other songs and still no connection to the music. Than I put on rap and that's all I could connect to for the rest of the trip. I just thought it was unusual considering in my 30+ tripping experiences I never enjoyed rap.

So to the question does anyone else enjoy rap while tripping? By the way please no arguments about genres of music. Different music for different people it's what are ears enjoy correct?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: FreshShit]
    #15484993 - 12/08/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I mostly listen to jam bands, downtempo, electronic, and some other stuff. But there is some rap that I can enjoy a little bit on psychedelics. It is just very strange when tripping. The lyrics always seem to have very different meanings.

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: The_Aviator]
    #15485016 - 12/08/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Rap and tripping is a no mix. Rap is a angry form of "music" and sends out negative vibes for the most part. Rappers don't trip, they do the weed thing. Stick with good music for trips, AC/DC, RUSH, ect.

InvisibleChubbyPitbull
Delta 9
Male User Gallery

Loc: Stargazing
    #15485019 - 12/08/11 10:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

2pac has some great songs to listen to while tripping or anytime really lol... His lyrics are sooo deep and spiritual and I wonder many a time if he had used LSD or other substances, because it sure seems like it..

He's my good friend from another lifetime and he relates to all of us.
Best rapper ever.

--------------------

Disciple of Design and Love of Knowledge

OfflineFreshShit
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15485032 - 12/08/11 10:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
I mostly listen to jam bands, downtempo, electronic, and some other stuff. But there is some rap that I can enjoy a little bit on psychedelics. It is just very strange when tripping. The lyrics always seem to have very different meanings.

I always saw it as very strange while tripping also up until now. The way the beats sent energy through my body and the way the lyrics felt so very deep even when simple. The complex deep lines on the other hand sent shivers down my spine but intensified by 10 it felt like a body orgasm when a good line was said. :rofl2:

OfflineFreshShit
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: ChubbyPitbull]
    #15485052 - 12/08/11 10:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Rap and tripping is a no mix. Rap is a angry form of "music" and sends out negative vibes for the most part. Rappers don't trip, they do the weed thing. Stick with good music for trips, AC/DC, RUSH, ect.

Not all of it's angry there's very mellowed out songs. Music that is good to you may not be good to someone else it's your opinion man. Although I can enjoy the bands you listed I can also enjoy other genres of music.

Quote:

ChubbyPitbull said:
2pac has some great songs to listen to while tripping or anytime really lol... His lyrics are sooo deep and spiritual and I wonder many a time if he had used LSD or other substances, because it sure seems like it..

He's my good friend from another lifetime and he relates to all of us.
Best rapper ever.

Yes tupac was very enjoyable while tripping! His lines are beyond deep it was like he was painting a picture in my head on mushrooms.

Edited by FreshShit (12/08/11 10:21 AM)

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

#15485058 - 12/08/11 10:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know what you mean. Here is the kind of stuff that I like while tripping. I don't know if this is considered rap or hip-hop (or if there is even a difference). The lyrics aren't a huge part of the song but I still like it.

The first time I enjoyed rap was on an acid trip listening to the following song. It isn't that I really liked the song, but it just created an emotional response. It was actually kinda scary. I automatically felt like a gangster :lol:

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineFreshShit
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15485107 - 12/08/11 10:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
I know what you mean. Here is the kind of stuff that I like while tripping. I don't know if this is considered rap or hip-hop (or if there is even a difference). The lyrics aren't a huge part of the song but I still like it.

The first time I enjoyed rap was on an acid trip listening to the following song. It isn't that I really liked the song, but it just created an emotional response. It was actually kinda scary. I automatically felt like a gangster :lol:

I also love the the kind music in the first video and would prefer it over rap while tripping almost any day. I just had one trip that all I could relate with is rap.

That's a funny experience you had! But that would be to up beat of rap for me while tripping and the lyrics are on the low end of the scale. Here's an example of a song I really enjoyed while tripping it felt as if it was one on one story time with tupac. :rofl: It's all about the lyrics man!

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #15485159 - 12/08/11 10:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've had some pretty amazing experiences listening to rap, especially some B.I.G., but i have to be very careful to avoid anything that talks about violence or uses gunshot sound effects or is overtly angry.  That definitely limits the playlist, but there are some really really trippy rap sounds that are really good under the influence.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:
*Downloaded over 3,500 times!* Also try the DMT Changa Mix Calculator

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

OfflineFreshShit
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: gornyhuy]
    #15485188 - 12/08/11 10:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:
I've had some pretty amazing experiences listening to rap, especially some B.I.G., but i have to be very careful to avoid anything that talks about violence or uses gunshot sound effects or is overtly angry.  That definitely limits the playlist, but there are some really really trippy rap sounds that are really good under the influence.

Biggies got a flow like no other and that's who I truly enjoyed more than anyone else while tripping. To avoid the angry rap you gotta stick with the old school for the most part. I loved this beat so much while on mushrooms.

Edit: Skip to 2:00 for biggies and tupacs part.

Edited by FreshShit (12/08/11 10:58 AM)

OfflineGuesstimate
Picklocker Of Consciousness
 User Gallery

#15485236 - 12/08/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I only enjoy kid kudi rap =D

OfflineChez man
Mycofan
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: Guesstimate]
    #15485329 - 12/08/11 11:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The Roots - "Things Fall apart"

Atmosphere - "When Life Gives You Lemons Paint that Shit Gold"

Cunninlynguists - "Oneirology"

...to name a few. Last time I tripped I enjoyed Lil Wayne's Sorry for the Wait and the Carter IV. I usually listen to all types of EDM, jam bands, and classic rock while I'm tripping, but I'm open to pretty much anything depending on my trip's "vibe".

--------------------
http://www.hedweb.com/hedab.htm

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: Chez man]
    #15485454 - 12/08/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Kid Cudi is amazing for tripping. I just need positive rap usually with synth type beats. Yelawolf and David Dallas are also good. So is Childish Gambino. I am picky about my hiphop when tripping. I honestly prefer the greatful deal, the beatles, hendrix, the doors and all that when tripping over most rap. Ratatat and other elctronic music. Some dubstep and techno. But when I'm high off weed I love rap. Especially lyrical rap.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Re: Can Anyone Else Enjoy Rap On Psychedelics? [Re: AbstraKt_I_Am]
    #15485507 - 12/08/11 12:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, Kid Cudi has a lot of good stuff for tripping and smoking. He uses a lot of really good beats that go well with his style.

--------------------

Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
    #15485559 - 12/08/11 12:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

rap sux sober, whilst trippin i wouldn't even consider that,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

#15485572 - 12/08/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:lolsy:
I guess we could all listen to some clean will smith for tripping:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Bulk Grow Substrate Calculator Spreadsheet - Download :heartpump: Thread:mushroom2:

Stonesun's Amazing Sclerotia/Stones Guide:mushroom2:Vasodilator List:mushroom2:Niacinamide - reduce trip anxiety

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

#15485584 - 12/08/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Can you guys recommend some Kid Cudi albums for me? I'm not really familiar...

--------------------

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

#15485600 - 12/08/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gornyhuy said:

Both of the Man on the Moon albums are definitely his best in my opinion. In fact I think those are his only albums and the rest are mix tapes and singles.

--------------------

Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek

OfflineILikeACID
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

#15485609 - 12/08/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I enjoy some good rap while tripping

i like kid cudis shit on that album
and uhhhh bustarhymes is a trip if you watch his videos
i don't listen to much rap though honestly i'm more into jamband and electronica shit
oh and kottonmouth kings aint bad lol

Edited by ILikeACID (12/08/11 12:34 PM)

Offlinegornyhuy
A Myth Intrepidly Met
Male User Gallery

#15485641 - 12/08/11 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The_Aviator said:
Quote:

gornyhuy said:

Both of the Man on the Moon albums are definitely his best in my opinion. In fact I think those are his only albums and the rest are mix tapes and singles.

Great - thanks man!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale