Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Loc: Stirrin up the pile!
Items, Lingo info for all's benefits!
    #1547854 - 05/14/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok... when i first started... all these term teks. lingo shit was really anoying.. why not plain english...????

so here goes.. in no specific order!

PS: this is a simple writeup, i'm not using any dictionary, this is my own description of things i've learned on the shroomery, that puzzled me when i first got going! Don't bash my descriptions, they are not detailed in ANY way, just simple info...

but please correct me if i'm totally wrong on anything here!!!

thx.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

H2O2 - Hydrogen peroxide, 3 %, 6 %, it's all good, fights contamination, harmless to mycelium, found at any drug store, pharmacy, grocery store.

Agar - solidifying agent, like jello, buy it in powder form, mix with water, and it becomes solid, has no nutrients by itself ( or very little ) you need to add nutrients to it, be it what ever you want, boil some potatoes with the peel, water from soaking wild bird seed, honey, a mix off all the above... all it does is permit growth of spores or growing tissue to isolate a good growing sample. Can be found at Asian grocery stores, ordered online, oriental supply stores, or bulk barns.. etc...

WBS - ( wild bird seed ) finch seed, found at walmart, grocery stores, pet stores, try to find the kind with limited amounts of sun flower seeds, they are ok, but the less is the best.( my 0.02. opinions may vary ).

BRF - ( Brown Rice Flower ), found in health food stores, don't look too hard, just buy any brown rice in grocery stores ( read to check for antifugal agents, you don't want this ) and grind it up to a fine powder using a blender, food processor etc... just powderize it.., works just fine! Long grain, short grain, no matter. " Uncle Ben's " works pretty good.

Vermiculite - Soft water absorbing granules, coarse or fine, both work, found at garden centres, walmar, nurseries, contains no nutriends, just holds water.

Perlite - Hard whitish pebbles, repels and wicks water into the air, used in soil to prevent compacting of dirt, or to create humidity in a growing chamber(terrarium ) found at same places as vermiculite.

ok.. i'm posting this so i don't loose it ( pc is finicky, likes to reboot on it's own, so i'm posting to save what i've got.. feel free to add, comment, ask questions.. )

--------------------

-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------

Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Edited by PooPs (05/14/03 10:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

Re: Items, Lingo info for all's benefits! [Re: PooPs]
    #1547889 - 05/14/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Pasteurise - the process of heating your substance to 150 to 175 Degrees F, kills unwanted bacteria, and permits benefitial bacteria to live on and fend off contamination (* you ever see a moldy cow patty? ) used for cow poop or horse poop, straw.

Sterilization - Total elimination of contamination/bacteria, accomplished with use of a pressure cooker, microwave, javex,

LOL - Laugh Out Loud ( for internet nooobs. )

Substrate - can be poop, straw, compost, etc... increases volume and yield, mixed with " Spawn . see below " .

Spawn - can be PF cakes, colonized WBS, agar, anything that has germinated spores that has grown mycelium.

Mycelium - growth of fungus, white in colour, is what you get when spores germinate.

--------------------

-----------
------------------

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

#1547899 - 05/14/03 10:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Casing layer - a water retaining layer on top of a casing, can be vermiculite, peat, potting soil, coco-coir, etc..... non-nutritive, not supposed to provide food to the casing, just moisture, and protects/wards of contamination to an extent!  Also helps to create an even pinset.

coco-coir - coco fibre, reptile bedding, found at pet stores, brown, comes in brick form, you gotta break it up and soak it, retains alot of water and becomes lighter in colour when it dries out, so you know when to mist.

Casing - what you get when you mix " spawn " with vermiculite, or " substrate " to make a bigger mushroom patch, you can " Fruit " your casing with or without a  " Casing-layer ".

Fruit - mushrooms. what you pick and eat, fruits of your labor. :tongue:

RH- Relative Humidity, level of water suspended in the air, measured with a RH meter, found at walmart, hardware stores.

--------------------

-----------
------------------

OfflinePooPs
What's thisfor???

#1547909 - 05/14/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

PC- Pressure Cooker, found at walmart, ( ain't it all.!!! eh moe! ), used to " Sterilize " stuff, has a locking lid, creates pressureized heat that kills all that it has in it's pot, and makes things clean!!!

Cool-Mist - Vicks makes a good one, found at pharmacies, walmart(again) , etc, what you get from a humidifier, puts water in the air, and creates a nice enviroment for your mushrooms to grow.

oh! .. crap.. lunch time.. i'll be back in a bit! laterz.

--------------------

-----------
------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck