Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDcyfr
No one inparticular.

Questions on flipped casing and odd color...
    #1547510 - 05/14/03 06:30 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

OK. I cased 6 pint jars of rye grain with plain potting soil 1 month ago and placed in the incubator set at 83F. It took forever for the myc. to grow through the soil. I think that it didn't actually colonize the soil just grew "around" it. Basically I was then lazy and didn't have enough time to properly water and fan it when I birthed it. The end result was a bad case of overlay and a slight tan color to the myc. that was exposed. I knew that I wouldn't have enough time to properly care for it if I deep scratched and recased. So I procured a large rubbermaid container, perlite, and a small aquarium pump. Perlite was hydrated and placed in container with a glass of peroxidated water with o2 pumping into it. The cased myc was flipped onto a piece of aluminum foil after the casing layer was saturated with water. Since the myc. is so old there are many spots with the yellowish waste on the bottom(now top) of the myc. block. The container walls were sprayed down with peroxidated water and it was left to try and rehydrate the myc. block. 24 hrs later it was checked up on and I noticed 1 pin about 1cm long growing on the (now) top of the block. I'm not sure if this has grown since I flipped the casing or if happens to be an invitro growth that survived.

Now finally the questions.

1. Is the tan-ish color just a result of drying out/too much co2? (It doesn't stink at all)

2. Should I try another way to rehydrate the myc. block like dunking? Any links to decent dunk teks for cased substrates?

3. Besides my laziness does it appear, from the limited info I posted above, that things are going to be ok?

Any input, criticism or other words would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx, Dcyfr.

If this needs to be moved to another forum I apologize. If you can't tell I'm quite the Noob:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Questions on flipped casing and odd color... [Re: Dcyfr]
    #1547581 - 05/14/03 07:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

small sentences

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflineDcyfr
No one inparticular.

Re: Questions on flipped casing and odd color... [Re: fugu]
    #1550307 - 05/15/03 06:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Bump. Any ideas people?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds