Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblegiza
Male

Undercover patient (Mental Health)
    #15380560 - 11/16/11 05:49 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Had great idea in psych ward. So I played it out as if I was a licensed professional, will tell my story after a littlte bit since I just got out today.

Basically to test the employees of a facility you have a licensed professional go into mental hospitals to see how the patients are treated, rate the employees of the facility as well as the doctors etc..

Make a report after they release you and fire where necessary and promote/raise those who pass this test.

WHATCHU THINK ABOUDIT?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Loc: van bc
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: giza]
    #15380567 - 11/16/11 05:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i think from my experience they would all be closed down or atlast the place i was in

--------------------
FUCK OFF FEDS PEOPLE NEED THEIR MEDS

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #15380573 - 11/16/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like mystery shoppers at grocery stores.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: The Phleg]
    #15380589 - 11/16/11 05:55 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i wih when i was in there some1 was doing this i tried to inform people of the fact their rights were being abused and that the saff was not doing there job w hada 80 year old man with parkensinse i our wad and he was never watched despite the fact he was supposed to have a psw at all time u ha to elp him ito his walker and to get food more then even excusable i was more his nurse then the nurses nd when ever he needed a nurse i had to go search 15 minutes to find one

--------------------

Invisiblegiza
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: The Phleg]
    #15380593 - 11/16/11 05:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well from my experience some need a lot more training or experience with an expert that has dealt with the many different types of disorders plus the massive amount of mixed disorders that are out there.

But never fret there are some ones that truly care.
Will add more but I'm zoning out for a little bit working out since I ate so much there haha.

Thanks for the quick responses!

InvisibleThe Phleg
Big Dick Chakra
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
    #15380609 - 11/16/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hah!
Quote:

giza
delusionist

Psych ward... lolz.

--------------------
You wanna get high? Drink tap water.
--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #15380654 - 11/16/11 06:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It's called clinical supervision, and whether you realize it or not, it works that way everywhere. But, like every other over-seer, if your supervisor likes you, you will receive kudos, and when they don't like you, demerits.  The idea is to better train clinicians, not to lay in wait to deceive them by feigning mental illness, which, BTW is about as PC as white folk putting on Al Jolson style 'black face,' not to mention that it would be unethical in a field which maintains high ethical standards. If mental patients object to clinical interventions, it is just as likely a part of their symptomology - paranoia, OCD, or delusional thinking, than because there are sadistic 'Nurse Ratcheds' around.

Sorry you needed to go in. I had to initiate a Baker Act a couple of days ago with a suicidal 11 year old. She was brought into my office by the school Principal, and while talking with the Principal in the hallway, the girl took out a permanent red fine-point marker, drew a line across her wrist, marked it with an 'X,' and drew and arrow to it with the words "slit here." I walked to the police car while he put the bracelets on her, and transported her tot the closest psychiatric facility for adolescents. Seems disorganized and depressed. Can't have a kid kill herself because her neurotransmitters aren't 'up to snuff' (no pun intended).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblegiza
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall]
    #15380678 - 11/16/11 06:17 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
i wih when i was in there some1 was doing this i tried to inform people of the fact their rights were being abused and that the saff was not doing there job w hada 80 year old man with parkensinse i our wad and he was never watched despite the fact he was supposed to have a psw at all time u ha to elp him ito his walker and to get food more then even excusable i was more his nurse then the nurses nd when ever he needed a nurse i had to go search 15 minutes to find one

I was dealing with a 59 yr old patient who looked in his 70's with a real bad posture, couldn't understand him half the time so I just smiled and said yes, but he had extreme bipolar where he would be totally nice to me, called me mom, said I had muscle etc.. but then out of nowhere would tell me he would kick my ass and "i'll hang u nigger" since I'm tan complexion but he called everyone nigger and mom, he was very funny, i never took it to heart though since i understood ya know so i would take him for walks around the unit and talk to him when i wasnt talking with staff or other patients, but the staff at my place were excellent if u were nice to them, but u also have to take into account all the other patients, and all patients are unpredictable at first.. no downing the staff there i guess since i have a disorder it was alot easier to connect with the patients, some of them dont have experience with having the disorders so they are basically all textbook, but the fact that they even took that job shows a lot of commitment and care. the staff at my place were excellent.

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #15380702 - 11/16/11 06:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ma did u ever think this irl had othe roblems such asa abusive home picked n at school etc i do not believe mental illness especially in young is wrong neurotransmitter just people's despretnes in this cruel horrible society we live in and what happens in those places is cruel and in most caes horrible abuse of hat person right just because some 1 is what u consider delusional doesn't mean they need to be locked up and drugged against there will. WHY O U THINK ASSOCIETY BECOME CRUELER AND HARSHEr MENTAL ILLNESS GOES UP ESPCIALLY IN THE YOUN WHO SEE IT MOST BECAUSE THY ARE OT INORANT TO IT LIKE THOSE WHO AVE BEEN SLOWLY CAUSING IT

--------------------

Invisiblegiza
Male

#15380757 - 11/16/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lol ur makin me not type properly metall, ppl dont like that here but im sure mods dont mind hopefully

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

#15380861 - 11/16/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lol people bitch i dun care those who are gong to read it will read either way those who just make rude comments show me what kinda people they are and that i prolly don't want their response newys

--------------------

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
    #15380894 - 11/16/11 07:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
lol people bitch i dun care those who are gong to read it will read either way those who just make rude comments show me what kinda people they are and that i prolly don't want their response newys

:poop:

--------------------

Invisiblegiza
Male

#15380950 - 11/16/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:

hahahhaha k, i will do the same then!

Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #15381087 - 11/16/11 07:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
It's called clinical supervision, and whether you realize it or not, it works that way everywhere. But, like every other over-seer, if your supervisor likes you, you will receive kudos, and when they don't like you, demerits.  The idea is to better train clinicians, not to lay in wait to deceive them by feigning mental illness, which, BTW is about as PC as white folk putting on Al Jolson style 'black face,' not to mention that it would be unethical in a field which maintains high ethical standards. If mental patients object to clinical interventions, it is just as likely a part of their symptomology - paranoia, OCD, or delusional thinking, than because there are sadistic 'Nurse Ratcheds' around.

Sorry you needed to go in. I had to initiate a Baker Act a couple of days ago with a suicidal 11 year old. She was brought into my office by the school Principal, and while talking with the Principal in the hallway, the girl took out a permanent red fine-point marker, drew a line across her wrist, marked it with an 'X,' and drew and arrow to it with the words "slit here." I walked to the police car while he put the bracelets on her, and transported her tot the closest psychiatric facility for adolescents. Seems disorganized and depressed. Can't have a kid kill herself because her neurotransmitters aren't 'up to snuff' (no pun intended).

What gives you the right to impede on someone's choice to commit suicide?
If someone isn't enjoying it, what makes you think you should shove it down their throats when they never made the choice to exist in the first place?

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: 4896744]
    #15381475 - 11/16/11 09:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ithik if what my phsyc told me is he general attitude of all phsyc because they no the mind and how human life is meant to be so u need to trust them. just like you woudn't fly in a plabe made by a farmer but you would built by some one in the aerospace business those were almost his exact words lmao

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: 4896744]
    #15381510 - 11/16/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

What gives you the right to impede on someone's choice to commit suicide?
If someone isn't enjoying it, what makes you think you should shove it down their throats when they never made the choice to exist in the first place?

Why does anyone need the right? I mean the field of psychology follows laws and thus has the right, but I don't know why any action needs that. And if you're wondering why psychology has the rules it does, you'll probably run into psychological findings and lawsuits :lol:

I mean really, it would be a rare parent indeed that would NOT sue for inaction in such a case.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Edited by Kickle (11/16/11 09:30 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall] * 1
    #15381867 - 11/16/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:

Your refusal to attempt correct spelling and sentence structure makes it more difficult to read your posts, and more likely people will skip over it. I skipped over your first couple. :shrug:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Rahz]
    #15381914 - 11/16/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thats okay rahz everythign i said is very readable just not in your format you choose not to read your choice no loss to me lmao

--------------------

Invisiblegiza
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: Rahz]
    #15381917 - 11/16/11 11:04 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
Quote:

metall said:

Your refusal to attempt correct spelling and sentence structure makes it more difficult to read your posts, and more likely people will skip over it. I skipped over your first couple. :shrug:

Told ya, when ya type like that people here will not even bother to read it. I'm sure most here skipped over the last half of my paragraph because of the grammar. But then again WGAF?

Edited by giza (11/16/11 11:06 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Undercover patient (Mental Health) [Re: metall] * 1
    #15381967 - 11/16/11 11:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

metall said:
thats okay rahz everythign i said is very readable just not in your format you choose not to read your choice no loss to me lmao

No loss, and obviously no gain.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom