Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

[CO] Final vote confirms voters ban Fort Collins medical marijuana dispensaries
    #15314180 - 11/02/11 06:00 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Final vote confirms voters ban Fort Collins medical marijuana dispensaries
November 2, 2011 - reporterherald.com

While one group of community members was celebrating the closure of medical marijuana dispensaries in Fort Collins, other residents faced closing businesses in which they invested heavily and still others will be looking for new sources for medical marijuana.

The majority of Fort Collins voters opted to ban dispensaries and the related grow operations within the city limits by 1,490 votes during the general election Tuesday. The final tally of 36,964 ballots cast was 52 percent (19,227) for the ban and 48 percent (17,737) against the ban.

“We're feeling great,” said Bob Powell, who headed a citizen group to ban the dispensaries in Fort Collins on the basis they make the drug more available and accepted throughout the community, causing more illegal use and crime.

“I think it's a very, very positive thing.”

The city's 20 current dispensaries have 90 days to close, something Steve Ackerman, owner of Organic Alternatives said he and other owners are not planning to fight. He said the Fort Collins Medical Cannabis Association, at this point, does not plan to challenge the vote.

However, the Colorado United Food and Commercial Workers Union, which invested deep pockets into fighting the measure, indicated it plans to bring the issue to vote again next year, either locally or statewide.

But for Ackerman and 11 employees, the clock is ticking on their livelihood. He must figure out what to do with his equipment and leased space.

“I had a business here that was legitimate, that was licensed by the state and city,” said Ackerman. “I followed all the rules. I never thought I'd be voted out of business.”

While the vote will hit dispensaries hard, the patients who have to travel to Denver or Boulder or find another source for their medicine will suffer the most, Ackerman said.

“It's going to be much more difficult for them,” he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacidlover123
Stranger

Re: [CO] Final vote confirms voters ban Fort Collins medical marijuana dispensaries [Re: veggie]
    #15314279 - 11/02/11 06:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im amuse that its right above the study saying mmj does not increase youth consumption. but im sorry these people are idiots. they sound like a poster for the DEA

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Re: [CO] Final vote confirms voters ban Fort Collins medical marijuana dispensaries [Re: acidlover123]
    #15314514 - 11/02/11 06:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

“We're feeling great,” said Bob Powell, who headed a citizen group to ban the dispensaries in Fort Collins on the basis they make the drug more available and accepted throughout the community, causing more illegal use and crime.

Selfish people. As long as I feel great who cares if sick people get their medicine.

--------------------

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

Re: [CO] Final vote confirms voters ban Fort Collins medical marijuana dispensaries [Re: Kizzle]
    #15314619 - 11/02/11 07:05 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

nice, now i can sell my mmj up in ft collins and make old school prices.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds