Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

Loc: PNW
Kicking Kratom
    #15303869 - 10/31/11 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

For the past month I've been using Kratom daily. Initially I used it to quit drinking. I was having trouble controlling how much I drank. The kratom was 100% effective. I've had no urge to drink since I got on the ol' sawdust tea. Kratom hit all the right switches for me. It is very pleasant and doesn't seem to be too hard on my body.

At one point though I had to go three days without the stuff while waiting for a shipment. The effects were quite unpleasant; the worse part being anxiety, sweating, and sensitive skin. I thought I was getting sick until I figured out what was going on. Then my package arrived.

Now I'm out again, and I don't intend ordering any more. I feel great right now. I still have the afterglow of finishing off my bag in one fell swoop last night. I go to work tonight on the graveyard shift. It's going to be a rough week.

Any words of advice, encouragement, etc. would be welcome. Make fun of me if you want to. I bet I'll be looking for a fight in a few hours.

--------------------
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.”
Bertolt Brecht

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInoxia
Wormhole

Loc: Second Attention
Re: Kicking Kratom [Re: towagh_wayhut]
    #15303905 - 10/31/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im in the process of quitting cigarettes myself. It's one week now, without using patches or strange methods.. only will.It's difficult overcoming an addiction, but you can do it. Be strong! Im sure you can quit a one month habit easy :wink:

wish you all the best!

--------------------
P.Cubensis grow log - different pf tek tips & tricks compared

- Everything i write and post it's hypothetical, speculative or fictional. -

Invisiblecateyes
 User Gallery

#15303989 - 10/31/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i don't have any experience with kratom at all... it's interesting it was able to control your drinking so well... you would think something so effective would be widely used... like AA would be encouraging their members to use it... just curious, do you consider yourself an alcoholic? it sounds like it to me in a way... it might make sense to quit using kratom if it produces withdrawal symptoms but abusing alcohol takes its toll on the body and as you probably already has its own withdrawal symptoms... does kratom cause long term health problems? some herbs can be dangerous if taken in too high a dose or taken for too long a period of time... if there are no health risks you might be better off sticking with kratom...

good luck man...

Kensho :psychsplit:

Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

Re: Kicking Kratom [Re: Inoxia]
    #15304238 - 10/31/11 03:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inoxia said:
Im in the process of quitting cigarettes myself. It's one week now, without using patches or strange methods.. only will.It's difficult overcoming an addiction, !

I quit nicotine myself some years ago. It's tough, but it's so much better on the other side. Don't give up, even if you backslide. Just start right back quitting. Eventually the cravings become manageable.

Be strong, Brother!

--------------------
Bertolt Brecht

Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

Re: Kicking Kratom [Re: cateyes]
    #15304368 - 10/31/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cateyes said:
i don't have any experience with kratom at all... it's interesting it was able to control your drinking so well... you would think something so effective would be widely used... like AA would be encouraging their members to use it... just curious, do you consider yourself an alcoholic? i:

By any metric of consumption I would have been considered an alcoholic: what I think could be called a "functioning alcoholic", in that I wasn't missing work or landing in jail and even those nearest me had no idea how much I drank. My own test was whether I could control my drinking, which I couldn't.

I discovered this use of kratom accidently, and only found out later other people were using it to get off alcohol. I knew it was used as a treatment for opiate addiction.

There are apparently no harmful effects to the stuff. If you take too much, you vomit. There's no recorded deaths due to overdose. If I have to choose between being an alcoholic and being a sawdust-head, I'll choose kratom. It costs about the same as drinking too many microbrews (my sauce of choice). I don't think (hope) it's an either/or proposition though. I believe personal freedom is possible. Other people seem to live their lives without addiction.

--------------------
Bertolt Brecht

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15306617 - 10/31/11 11:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Kratom is pretty good for a "legal" drug... what strains were you taking?  Or was it an extract?

Considering the benignity of kratom withdrawal, you could just quit cold turkey and probably be 100% fine in a week or two.  Or you could methodically taper yourself down.

How long were you on it?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

Re: Kicking Kratom [Re: Society]
    #15306887 - 11/01/11 12:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was taking Bali strain. I bought some Indonesian Red Vein that I don't even think was kratom. It tasted like lawn clippings and seemed totally inactive. ($40 down the tube). The Bali kratom was good shit though. I was only doing it for a little over a month, but I was doing it every day, like you're not supposed to, and I was increasing my dose.

24 hours clean and only low-level anxiety to report. It's not normal anxiety though. It feels unusual; very physical. In my legs.

--------------------
Bertolt Brecht

Offlinefoliocb
always running
Male

#15311712 - 11/02/11 12:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

where do you get your kratom from? and what are the overall effects from it? If it's a safer alternative to my adderal use i'm totally down to try some!

--------------------
^v^

Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

Re: Kicking Kratom [Re: foliocb]
    #15311833 - 11/02/11 01:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

foliocb said:
where do you get your kratom from? and what are the overall effects from it? If it's a safer alternative to my adderal use I'm totally down to try some!

I've been getting it from                    . They don't have much choice but their kratom seems good quality. The price seems about the same everywhere.

I hope this would work for you. I made a point of one last drunk with a good bottle of wine and then switched to kratom the next day. I was quickly craving kratom instead of alcohol.

Day two without kratom and barely any ill effects. I'm surprised.

I'm going to give it a couple more months and then see if I can start using a moderate amount of alcohol without it turning into a problem. If I can't, I'm going to give it up for good.

Good Luck.

--------------------
Bertolt Brecht

Edited by towagh_wayhut (11/02/11 03:29 PM)

Offlinetowagh_wayhut
Stranger
Male

#15311840 - 11/02/11 01:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oy yeah, the overall effects. You feel kind of buzzy an euphoric. Your skin itches pleasantly.  I get tired and want to sleep. I feel like I want to do something creative but just waste the whole evening sitting in a chair doing nothing. Generally feel pleasant and satisfied.

--------------------
Bertolt Brecht

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15312481 - 11/02/11 08:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No source discussion allowed on the Shroomery, folks. Please edit your posts.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags