Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah...
    #15277504 - 10/25/11 05:42 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Here's something you never want to see:

More to the point, I got some commercial syringes (OK first time for everything) for my new PEU grow, a freebie I asked for and got was Huatla.  Dense spores in the latter, not so many in the PEU syringe.

inoculated into my standard rye grain qt jars 4 days ago, and well god damn, yesterday noticed germination on the Huatla jars already :thumbup::

Pics of the PEU would show nothing at this point, as that's what I see at this point.

So my question is "is this normal for PEU?"  I expect it to be slower fruiting, is it also slow to start?

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (10/25/11 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoctor_Inoc
Vintage Hand
Loc: Flag
Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #15278286 - 10/25/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My experiences are with PE mainly.  With PE from spore, one stage of growth or another is bound to be slow (germination included).  Usually it's fruiting.  However, no germination only four days from inoculation really isn't a cause for alarm.  Give them another week.  If nothing happens by then, there may be cause for concern.

OfflineBargainBab
Hey Dere Ho Dere
Male User Gallery

Loc: Callisto
Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: Doctor_Inoc]
    #15278432 - 10/25/11 08:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Penis envy ms has always been slow for me.
This is a week after inoculation

and two weeks, the camera made it look less wispy than it really was.

Perfectly normal:super:

--------------------
Oh wow, GOOD Nyborg!

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: Doctor_Inoc]
    #15278502 - 10/25/11 08:52 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

However, no germination only four days from inoculation really isn't a cause for alarm.

No alarm, was expecting to wait. :thumbup:  But the Huatla surprised me... :dudewtf:

I've also dosed some agar plates and expect to isolate from that and/or fruits as they appear.

Thanks all!:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: BargainBab]
    #15278541 - 10/25/11 09:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BargainBab said:
Penis envy ms has always been slow for me.

:whathesaid:  but ive only been through 1 and a half ms syringe of it idk what a good sample size is for multispore xD

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #15356024 - 11/11/11 02:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
Quote:

However, no germination only four days from inoculation really isn't a cause for alarm.

No alarm, was expecting to wait. :thumbup:  But the Huatla surprised me... :dudewtf:

The Huatla turned out to be nothing but contams.  Tried it again and the same thing happened, total failure.  At least the syringe was free. :lol:

The PEU is doing great though, about to go G2G for a massive uptick in production, starting a grow log soon...:mushroomgrow:  This was 5 days ago and it's now 100% after another shake.

--------------------

OfflineBassHead
Stranger

#15356257 - 11/11/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

if it was huautla from sporeworks - i'm sorry to add that a FOAF got some huautla that colonized EXTREMELY slowly and never fruited from them. sporeworks is obviously a great company with some good shit, but why they occasionally send out spores that are proven as definite duds - i have no idea....

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Worms ate my nuts...uhm, no, PEU vs Huatla germination speed, yeah... [Re: BassHead]
    #15356341 - 11/11/11 03:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Can't make any comment here, but not concerned about it except for the trashed grain.  :shrug:

I always have worked from prints, the PEU required a good syringe to get going with, and I'm really happy with the myc so far.  Oooh shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract