Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Evaluate this setup please
    #15270 - 11/12/00 10:47 PM (23 years, 4 months ago)

i am seeming to wonder the same thing, any1 have any thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezilch
enthusiast
    #15272 - 11/13/00 11:17 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms grows fast and need to be picked at the right time.

You often read that you should exchange air once or twice a day but that is because by taking off the lid on the terrarium you lower humidity, increase the risk of having contaminations and lower the temperature.

If you look seldom you also have no way in seeing if the temp/humidity is not as it should be.

Ahh, so one big flaw is that if you get contams youre fukked. You _can_ cure contams with h2o2 but contams also grow fast so you should see this rather quick to be able to handle it.

install a web-cam :wink:

the light-thing: shrooms need light to know what is up and what is down. they don't need light to grow. you can have a lightbulb there for as little as 10 minutes a day (extreme case?). nothing more is _required_. i would go with a couple of hours a day (from above :smile:)

DISCLAIMER: I answered to this to test myself. kinda' cool ideas i came up with :smile: good brain-gymnastics.

------------------
---
zilch, zilch@home.se

Anonymous

#15273 - 11/13/00 11:48 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

shorter answer than one above:
circulate the air in the tarrarium twice daily.

like zilch said, it only needs around 10 minutes, but it will benifit from getting up to 12 hours of light every day

------------------
once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds