Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die.
    #1525278 - 05/06/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Missouri state Sen. Harry Wiggins, for one, recalls a meeting with Ashcroft and a group of Kansas City community leaders when he was governor. The group had tried for months to see the governor about funding to keep open Kansas City's only hospice for AIDS patients.

As the meeting began, Wiggins recalled, Ashcroft appeared uninterested until he focused on the facility being a ``home,'' not a hospital.

``Then you have my attention,'' the governor said, according to Wiggins. ``I'm looking for where it is cheapest to send them to die.''

Wiggins said, ``Governor, that's not what we're here for. These are human beings.'' Ashcroft replied, ``Their pain and suffering is a result of their own misconduct.''

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1525282 - 05/06/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

where'd you find this?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: ]
    #1525292 - 05/06/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Anonymous

#1525303 - 05/06/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

john ashcroft is an ass.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1525393 - 05/06/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

He should be burned to death.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1525417 - 05/06/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

He should be burned to death.

If people were burned to death for stupid comments there'd be few left to post here.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1525429 - 05/06/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

He should be burned for his actions, not his words.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1525508 - 05/06/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

We aren't in a position of great power like Ashcroft.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1525746 - 05/06/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hes right though...

No matter how you want to butter it up those people are just being placed somewhere till they die.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1525777 - 05/06/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There is such thing as treatment.

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1525792 - 05/06/03 08:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I was going to post an animated guy peeing on Ashcroft, but I thought this was funnier:

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Anonymous

#1526088 - 05/06/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

here's the whole article:

Ashcroft iron will molds the law
ATTORNEY GENERAL CREATES POLICY THROUGH TOUGH TACTICS, PERSONAL BELIEFS
By Fredric N. Tulsky
Mercury News

In his confirmation hearing, John D. Ashcroft assured skeptical senators that they could count on him to observe the limits of the job of attorney general. He would, he told them, enforce the law, not reshape it to fit his own political or moral code.

The Senate then voted to confirm him -- with 42 senators voting ``no,'' many saying they doubted his word.

Sixteen months later, John Ashcroft and his supporters say he has been true to his word, faithfully upholding the law through a difficult national time.

``John Ashcroft has kept his word to the president and to the American people,'' said Sen. Christopher ``Kit'' Bond, a Republican who is a former Missouri governor, like Ashcroft. ``It is hard to believe that that many senators had bitterly opposed his nomination.'' Yet Ashcroft is becoming one of the most activist attorneys general in history, working to push the law toward his philosophy on issue after issue, while the Justice Department's powers expand rapidly in the war against terrorism.

To growing criticism from judges, civil rights groups and Democrats in Congress, he has used the power of his office to detain thousands of Middle Eastern immigrants and to toughen immigration policy since Sept. 11; to nullify the nation's first state law permitting assisted-suicide for the terminally ill, and to urge a broader interpretation of the constitutional right to own guns.

A Mercury News review of Ashcroft's record in politics finds a long pattern of using extraordinary measures to shape public policy to his political agenda and religious beliefs.

His interventions are particularly evident on a handful of highly charged issues: The role of women in society, the rights of gays and the debate over when life begins and ends. And they help explain how the attorney general, one of the most powerful people in government, is also one of the most polarizing, disliked and applauded with equal intensity.

In more than two decades of public life as state attorney general, governor and U.S. senator from Missouri, Ashcroft repeatedly pursued extraordinary means to achieve his political ends. State police blocked a father from taking his brain-dead daughter to a hospital in another state so he could remove her from life support. Nurses at a rural family clinic were threatened with prosecution for distributing contraceptives. A state official assisting a voluntary integration plan for St. Louis schools was threatened with the loss of her job.

And in his term as U.S. senator, Ashcroft tried to change the Constitution to match his beliefs several times, introducing or co-sponsoring seven amendments, including ones to permit school prayer, to ban flag burning, to define human life as beginning at fertilization, and to make it easier to amend the Constitution.

The attorney general's spokeswoman, Barbara Comstock, said it is ``simplistic'' to see such actions in the context of his personal code. ``I think what people don't appreciate is his role as a lawyer, and appreciation for the law,'' she said. ``He recognizes a professional responsibility to enforce the law, not to shape it.''

What strikes many people who have encountered Ashcroft on public policies is not only the tactics that he uses, but the personal convictions that seem to drive them.

Missouri state Sen. Harry Wiggins, for one, recalls a meeting with Ashcroft and a group of Kansas City community leaders when he was governor. The group had tried for months to see the governor about funding to keep open Kansas City's only hospice for AIDS patients.

As the meeting began, Wiggins recalled, Ashcroft appeared uninterested until he focused on the facility being a ``home,'' not a hospital.

``Then you have my attention,'' the governor said, according to Wiggins. ``I'm looking for where it is cheapest to send them to die.''

Wiggins said, ``Governor, that's not what we're here for. These are human beings.'' Ashcroft replied, ``Their pain and suffering is a result of their own misconduct.''

Ashcroft declined to be interviewed for this article. In many cases, his spokeswoman pointed to previous comments of his for responses. Those, interviews with dozens of people in and out of government, and a review of hundreds of documents, produce a portrait of a man who sees himself as an agent for good in a world split into good and evil -- a determined politician who believes his advancement also advances the cause of good.

While many people in politics intensely dislike both Ashcroft's policies and his unyielding manner, another equally fervent group applauds his actions and personal conduct and looks to him as a hero defending core values.

``John is not an agnostic, and he is not going to be an agnostic,'' said Sen. Jon Kyl of Arizona, a Republican who served with Ashcroft on the Senate Judiciary Committee. ``I would say that it is not so much his moral code, as his view of what the president wants. It happens those two generally are the same.''

In those instances when Ashcroft must uphold laws that the president does not like, he would do so, Kyl said.

Ashcroft's deputy when he was state attorney general, Edward Robertson, said, ``You are never going to hear him say that abortions are illegal under the law. But to the extent he can find ways to restrict abortions consistent with his interpretation of the constitution and laws, he will do so.''

``Because he is the kind of person he is, with strong views and competitive, he's going to push the envelope of where he can go. But he will never go outside that envelope.''

InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
    #1526144 - 05/06/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

this is terrible and horribly disgusting, but not really surprising

Anonymous

Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: Buddha5254]
    #1526232 - 05/06/03 10:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i would like to take john ashcroft to this state park near my house, on one of these beautiful may afternoons we've been having, and share a bag of mushrooms with him. george could come too of course.

Edited by mushmaster (05/06/03 10:43 PM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1526637 - 05/07/03 01:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I can't believe this effin guy..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1526699 - 05/07/03 01:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i would like to take john ashcroft to this state park near my house, on one of these beautiful may afternoons we've been having, and share a bag of mushrooms with him. george could come too of course

And then I'd like to beat him to death with a sock filled with rocks and feces, and give him a nice shallow grave.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: Skikid16]
    #1527457 - 05/07/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And it would seem he deserves it!  Such mentality of pushing your beliefs onto others is disgusting. :mad:...even if he's working within law.

And in his term as U.S. senator, Ashcroft tried to change the Constitution to match his beliefs several times, introducing or co-sponsoring seven amendments, including ones to permit school prayer, to ban flag burning, to define human life as beginning at fertilization, and to make it easier to amend the Constitution.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1530155 - 05/08/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No matter how you want to butter it up those people are just being placed somewhere till they die.

is't that true for everyone, and/or everything living thing?

everything dies.

people can live for 10-20 years on aids, how long has magic johnson had it? that's a good amount of time to "wait" to die.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1530483 - 05/08/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

EXCELLENT counterpoint, I must say.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Ashcroft: looking for cheapest to send them to die. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1531325 - 05/08/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

MAGIC JOHNSON!!!! :shocked: i had totally forgot bout' him!!!  talk about a fall from fame...holy shit! He's practically a ghost!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order