Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
    #15243817 - 10/18/11 05:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

DEA Hits More CA Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
October 18, 2011 - Drug War Chronicle

DEA agents conducted raids on two more California medical marijuana dispensaries Monday, according to local press reports. Monday's targets were the Medizen dispensary on Northgate Boulevard in Sacramento and the Central Valley Caregiver's Co-operative in nearby Stockton.

The raids are only the latest evidence of the Obama administration's ramped war on medical marijuana distribution in the Golden State. They come less than two weeks after the state's four US Attorneys announced they were aggressively going after not only dispensaries, but landlords and property owners. They also come less than a week after a DEA raid on Northstone Organic, a fully state- and county-law compliant medical marijuana grow and co-op in Mendocino County.

In Sacramento, a Medizen employee told local TV news that neither the dispensary nor its landlord had been the object of a threat letter from the feds, but that the business was forced to close without warning.

"I was supposed to open at 10 a.m. They got here at 7:30. I heard... they came in and basically took all our stuff, seized everything, took all our cash and product and stuff and that's basically it," said employee Mike Amarao."They just said they're shutting all the clubs down in Sacramento, that's all we heard."

An attorney representing several Sacramento dispensaries said that some were going out of business rather than weather the threat of federal harassment and prosecution. That's going to hurt the city, which instituted a dispensary tax in July. It was estimated that the tax would generate $2 million for city coffers, but without dispensaries that figure would become inoperative.

There are no details on the Stockton raid.

Meanwhile, in Southern California, Orange County NORML and Americans for Safe Access are gearing up for a Tuesday night protest in Lake Forest in Orange County, where eight dispensaries have been ordered to close by a landlord whose bank account has been seized by federal officials.

Activists there accuse local officials of calling in the feds to do their dirty work after their own anti-dispensary efforts were blocked in state court. The city had spent $600,000 in its failed legal efforts.

Federal agents Saturday handed out asset forfeiture notices to some of the dispensaries. As of Tuesday, five of the eight dispensaries had already closed, with the others reported to be closing by day's end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinerickjamez20
Shroomer
Male

Loc: DMT Realm Flag
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: veggie]
    #15243907 - 10/18/11 05:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

that's fucked boys

--------------------
http://iacopoapps.appspot.com/hopalongwebgl/ https://www.outpan.com/app/44bdd9869c/interactive-fluid-simulation - If you're tripping click here. Thank me later.
Every single person deserves a psychedelic experience, make it happen. :smile:

OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: rickjamez20]
    #15244027 - 10/18/11 05:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck, I hope the remaining dispensaries take heed, and hope they are not being monitored, and try to move some of their stuff.

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

Offlinetibberous
Stranger

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: GrimTroll]
    #15244233 - 10/18/11 06:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good news for growers at any rate.

Offlinelaruta_21
twat tickler
 User Gallery

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: tibberous] * 2
    #15244267 - 10/18/11 06:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

We need an anti-DEA task force . When those fuckers come out after a raid they can be met with an ambush  four times as large as them. then the crowd disperses . nothing to see here people. no one gets arrested. and then that will start a chain reaction and more people will stand up. otherwise this is going to continue to happen.

Offlineabstrakt
So it goes...

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: laruta_21]
    #15244330 - 10/18/11 07:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A real army... for the people... supporting what we choose... actually fighting for our freedom and against tyranny.

Sounds like a good idea. I would bet a pretty penny on the establishment quickly using that devious monicker, "terrorist," to describe everyone involved, too.

:smirk:

Edited by abstrakt (10/18/11 07:28 PM)

OfflineDoseMuncher
Greenland
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: abstrakt]
    #15244409 - 10/18/11 07:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Haha I know of that Central Valley club thats crazy. Fucked up shit, drug enforcement agency what a fuckin waste drugs will always be a part of society for better/worse doesn't take a genius to tell you that.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15244623 - 10/18/11 08:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This is bullshit, but at least they only hit 2 shops. That's nothing. If they hit a lot of people, shit, there'd be so much opportunity to make money from the gap in supply and demand that LOTS of people would step up and open new dispensaries...

Lots of people...
:smilingpuppy:

Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: nooneman]
    #15244736 - 10/18/11 08:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

im not sure if harborside is safe or not. i love that place, even got a job there (didnt work for the dispensary).
im pretty sure they use some sort of radio jamming, my radio always goes out when i pull into their parking lot. but they would make a great target for the dea.

--------------------

OfflineLawnPhenom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: laruta_21]
    #15244810 - 10/18/11 09:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If the states that have one way or another made marijuana available to their citizens and they are serious. I believe they only have one option to mobilize the national guard. Isn't that whats its there for to protect the state and its interests.

--------------------

Edited by LawnPhenom (10/18/11 09:18 PM)

Invisibleflameclown
totality is amust
 User Gallery

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries *DELETED* [Re: LawnPhenom]
    #15245728 - 10/19/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by flameclown

Reason for deletion: [this post is damn old]

Edited by flameclown (10/19/11 01:56 AM)

Offlinewithoutawire
hi
 User Gallery

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: flameclown]
    #15245899 - 10/19/11 02:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wow I completely called this gay shit a year ago. Starts in SD, then they go to centeral CA then work there way to bay area/LA all while raping colorado and oregon. I just knew this gay shit was going to happen.

--------------------
:tigerbunny:

Invisiblebeachedjesus
A bodypart of God
Male

Loc: there
    #15246464 - 10/19/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

[ Comment deleted by moderator. Please post replies related to the story and the more outlandish comments to yourself ]

Edited by veggie (10/19/11 01:43 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: beachedjesus]
    #15246531 - 10/19/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What a ridiculous statement.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinebloodsheen
ChemChaplin
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15247371 - 10/19/11 01:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm just hoping that what happens here is what happened at the beginning of the Iraq war. They hit one zone, move one, and then 3 months later the zone they took gets taken back.

I believe that will happen as long as California doesn't start giving dispensaries shit. They have to back them, even if its only lip service

--------------------

A cautious young fellow named Lodge / Had seat belts installed in his Dodge. / When his date was strapped in / He committed a sin / Without even leaving the garage. That's clever, isn't it?-A boy and his dog

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: DEA Hits More California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries [Re: bloodsheen]
    #15247802 - 10/19/11 03:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Some politicians in CA have been trying to rid themselves of dispensaries for some time now.

They don't have to back them, and they haven't been.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom