Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemushroomexplorer

Loc: WA
Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects
    #15238041 - 10/17/11 11:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Some types of Psilocybin mushrooms have been reported to cause many unwanted toxic effects such as- stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, muscle weakness, loss of coordination and loss of balance. These effects have been reported from Psilocybe azurescens, Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata, Psilocybe stuntzii and Panaeolus cinctulus.

I would like to have any individuals that have experienced these negative effects please post what effects they experienced, what type of mushroom caused them, if the mushrooms where fresh or dried,how much you ate, if the mushrooms where young or mature or over ripe and anything else that may be of relevance.

It is my hope that this will help shed light on these toxic effects. Thank you

Edited by mushroomexplorer (10/17/11 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGravity
Happy Learner
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. East Bay, San Francisc...
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: mushroomexplorer]
    #15238055 - 10/17/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have had the some problems with Ps. Cyanescens.  On one occasion, I woke up the morning after tripping, walked to my kitchen, nearly fell down, then sat down on the floor and could not stand back up. I crawled (and that was tough) to my fridge and drank a bunch of gatorade & juice, spilling it on myself in the process.  It felt like I had no control of my limbs.  Eventually, I was able to help myself stand up.

This happened once more although not as severe.

All my cyans are ones that I picked last Dec 2010 thru Feb 2011.  My id's are solid, not worried about mixed species causing a poisoning effect.  All are dried by fans then stored in mason jars with desiccant packets then stored in my basement.

Here are my theories on the causes:
1. Medication - I was on blood thinners when this happened.
2. Fasting - I usually eat a lite lunch, then trip around 10pm until 3-4am.  That's 10 hours of no food.  This shouldn't be a problem but ?? The last time I tripped, I made sure to drink gatorade during the trip and it seemed to help.
3. Age of the cyans- The potency of my cyans has really diminished.  I have found myself eating larger and larger doses to get any effects, anywhere from 8-10g.  Even with this high dose they aren't nearly as strong as they should be.  Next season, I will use a vacuum sealer instead of mason jars.

I'd like to hear about your situations and solutions.  Here in the SF area, cyans are the majority of what we hunt.  So avoiding this problem will be great!

--------------------

Edibles Found and Eaten

Chantrelles  Blewits  Shaggly Parasols  Honey Mushrooms  Candy Caps

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Gravity]
    #15238068 - 10/17/11 11:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Gravity, sounds like a case of temporary hypoglycemia. I doubt it has much to do with the mushrooms you ate.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#15238090 - 10/17/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: The Lightning]
    #15238111 - 10/17/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have experienced this from cyans the effects included stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, fatigue(for about a day I liad on the floor), muscle weakness(could not write, turn a key or do anything with my finger's). The mushrooms where fresh,I ate alot about two handfuls and the mushrooms where young.

OfflineLanLord
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Mateo, Ca. USA
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: The Lightning]
    #15238127 - 10/17/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've had it several times after large amounts of cyans.  But never after similar amounts of "cyanofriscosas".

1 - 3.9gm cyans+lemontek.  Next morning, while eating breakfast, I couldn't keep my mouth closed and food just dropped out like I had just been to the dentist.

2 - 5gm cyans.  Carrying fish bowl with water up stairs, began to shake and lose muscle tone, had to set the bowl down and sit on the stairs for a minute or two before I recovered.

3 - 5gm cyans.  I was mounting the wife when my arms gave out.  I literally dropped onto her and couldn't move.  She thought I was having a heart attack - scared the shit out of her.  I told her I had a muscle cramp.

There have been a couple other times, usually pass within a few minutes and I can usually feel it building.  It's not like I immediately lose control, it seems to fade gradually over a minute or two and come back the same way.

--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

InvisibleThe Lightning
Mycology Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#15238145 - 10/17/11 11:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This is a topic I'd rather not delve into, but I'll say this much: It is important when one is dealing with a "life-changing" (sic Stamets) mushroom to understand threshold dosage versus embracing only the McKenna dosage. If you knew someone you loved had a headache, you wouldn't give them five extra strength pills. You could more appropriately begin with just enough to begin relief.

Two Cents

Edited by The Lightning (10/17/11 12:03 PM)

InvisibleJimlim

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: LanLord]
    #15238245 - 10/17/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ill cute n paste from my journal...

Australia, Subs, Lemon Tek, Paralysis? they really fucked me up!

some of you may know i have been backpacking in Australia! and hunting for the legenday Subs that grow in the cooler and wettest times of the year!

i recently got hold of a few hundred of the lovely things

sampled my first time with Fresh 6 medium/large and gf had 5 mediums ... we had a good trip and all was well!

2nd time (all my mushrooms have now been dryed under a heated blower because some had grow a white mould! so threw out all i could find and dryed the rest) had about 1 tablespoon of dried mushrooms im guessing its about 5grams? it hardly touched me and was less of an experience than the 6 fresh subs!

ok because i really wanted to trip and see stuff (been taking mushrooms for many years) and subs just werent getting me to that level i decided to up the score!

next time i decided on 4 table spoonfulls of dried mushroom im guessing 20grams? and also squeezed a whole lemon in for the Legenary lemon tek ive read about on here! waited for 10 mins then poured in boiling water / some sugar to taste! and drank the liquid /shrooms down as quick as i could once it cooled down!

it hit me like a ton of bricks! i was growling, shouting, laughing, wobbling, smoking green, and while sat in the car i felt the urge opened my passenger side up and puked about 5 times! and left a nice mushroom pile outside my door.... 3-4hours later and im still up ... but im having trouble concentrating and walking , im collapsed on the outside of the tent and im fucked .. try to stand up and my legs dont work anymore.. my hands are a mess too and don't straighten out properly .. hands feel useless like  when they get way too cold! tried to stand and collpased again it felt like i was paralysed or had damaged my nerves .. i was pretty cold did that have anything to do with it? also smoking? or the lemon tek? or the mould?

went for a shit in the bushes and fell over and couldnt get back up had to call for my gf to come help me! it scared the shit out of me man! trying to brush my teeth after 5+hours up and i couldnt even hold my toothbrush

anyone else had any problems like this before?

OfflineLanLord
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Mateo, Ca. USA
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Jimlim]
    #15238261 - 10/17/11 12:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can honestly state that I've never called your GF to help me stand up after I fell over :wink:

--------------------
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

InvisibleMollyLucyMaryJane

#15238283 - 10/17/11 12:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

psilocybe cubensis gave me a wicked headrush that almost knocked me unconscious while i was peaking on them. after i sat down the effects went away and the trip became pleasurable again but every time i stood up i would get an extreme headrush and VERY dizzy, especially when i tried to pee [first time i ever peed sitting down i think lol]

InvisibleJimlim

#15238325 - 10/17/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LanLord said:

I can honestly state that I've never called your GF to help me stand up after I fell over :wink:

lol! u never know she might help!  :spank:

Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
    #15238412 - 10/17/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LanLord said:
I've had it several times after large amounts of cyans.  But never after similar amounts of "cyanofriscosa"

I've noticed this trend too.
It also seems that this happens frequently with younger specimens. A lot of the experiences I hear about are with situations where plasma levels would rise particularly quickly, or would simply rise to a particularly high level ( like lemontek, Tea, 3+ gr doses, and young specimens).

Those are trends I've noticed, but none are quite consistent enough to warrant any serious credibility.. Thoughts?

--------------------

OfflineRhizohunter
myco-nerd
Male

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #15239317 - 10/17/11 04:26 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I get stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea just about every time I have tripped in the past 2 years. When I first started tripping I did not have any of these problems.
I experience this off P. cubensis. I almost always have alcohol in my system and this could be the reason I get so sick, but I don't think so, because I was drinking heavily when I was younger too.

I experienced this last time with just 1.5 grams of Cubes

I moved to a low dose of just .5 gram (a week later) and only slightly experienced the sickness and had a mellow trip.

I think I'm just really sensitive to actives or something. Maybe my man is just growing them hella potent? Not too sure

PS: Puking into a multi-colored toilet is not fun

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: Rhizohunter]
    #15239480 - 10/17/11 05:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This really belongs in another forum..

Probably a lot of reasons someone might get sick-
Allergy to mushroom itself
Bacteria on them and your eating raw mushrooms
Inner ear disorientation (sea sickness)
too much food or not enough in your stomach
Weak stomach
Drug interactions
Too much alcohol
Mental issues
Fear
Mental disorientation causing dizziness
HypoVascular reaction
Dehydration
Wrong mushroom
Mushroom absorbing or concentrating pesticides or environmental contaminates
Just to name a few....

Outside of the last one, I am not sure I would use the term 'toxic' though...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: HarryL]
    #15240861 - 10/17/11 10:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I did not know what forum this should be in what forum do you think it should be in?

The time I experienced this it did not seem like any allergic reaction I have ever herd of.

Bacteria from raw mushrooms seams unlikely if this was the case these effects would likely be well known to occur from this bacteria being present on edible foods, specifically mushroom.

The effects are nothing like sea sickness.

These effects are not caused by to much food, and it is possible that not enough in your stomach could enhance these effects but this could not be the cause.

These affects are not caused by a weak stomach that does account for muscle week ness.

Alcohol or drug interaction is not the cause because when I had experienced this I had not used ether in a long time.

This is not caused by mental issues, I am in good mental health and always have been.

Was not caused by fear.

I was not disoriented this occurred after the normal effects of psilocybin had stopped.

Not sure what you mean about this possibly be ing caused by a hypoVascular reaction?

I was not dehydrated.

They where the right type of mushrooms.

The mushrooms where from a pesticide free area.

#15240872 - 10/17/11 10:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

These effects definitely seem toxic and are defiantly caused by the mushrooms.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15240924 - 10/17/11 10:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wood lovers are known to occasionally cause strange effects, but no one knows why, and it will probably be a long time before anyone finds out. But it is known that wood lovers occasionally cause strange effects. Nausea (even vommitting), stomach cramps, fatigue, and loss of balance (in normal amounts) are all fairly normal effects of psilocybin. Low blood sugar can also cause some odd effects.

The main effect that wood lovers are rumored to cause is temporary paralysis. Also headaches and some other odd effects. I've never experienced it myself, but people do talk about it on here from time to time.

When picking wild mushrooms, it's possible that if a patch of edibles is growing next to a patch of poisonous mushrooms that the edible mushrooms take on some of the toxins from the poisonous mushrooms. Also, two species that look alike can grow from the same patch, and some may be poisonous while others are edible. That's why you have to be careful and know your stuff when hunting mushrooms.

Edited by nooneman (10/17/11 10:19 PM)

Re: Psilocybin mushrooms toxic effects [Re: nooneman]
    #15241170 - 10/17/11 11:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The effects that seem the most sever and alarming are the effects such as extreme fatigue can last up to several days. Inability to move especially fine muscles such as fingers and jaw muscles which can also last several days. These are not normal side effects of Psilocybin although they usually are accompanied by more typical side effects such as nausea and vomiting. In my experience a mixed collection was definitely not the cause.

#15241189 - 10/17/11 11:19 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you have had a toxic experience please give the details. From the experiences already described it has been made clear that it is not caused by just fresh or just dried mushrooms, but by mushrooms fresh, dried with lemon tech or whatever. The more case reports we get together the more we can understand about what is or what is not the cause of the effects and hopefully this will give us information on how these effects can be avoided.

Offlinexthrx
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15241388 - 10/18/11 12:13 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Both common species we have in New Zealand have strange effects, each to their own. For background I have ingested psilocybin 200 + times.

P. Subaeruginosa can cause extreme nausea, vomiting [I dont think I ever have but alot of friends have, and my stomach is weak], and stomach cramping for hours and hours on end, tea or eaten fresh it doesnt matter. Usually the whole patch will cause these toxic effects while other patches will not.

P. Subsecotoidies and Weraroa [ Blue Pouch ] have notably caused paralysis/numbness to many people and there is definitely something strange about them. Ive been unable to eat properly aswell as my arms having little to no strength and fingers not being able to clasp objects at all.

I always thought this was a normal effect when high dosing any psilocybin mushroom but now im thinking maybe not? I never felt unsafe in these situations, and felt I was learning a lesson about many parts of the mushroom experience.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck