Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUberAlles
Stranger
 User Gallery
Look Alikes
    #1520200 - 05/04/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm having trouble identifying to very similar mushrooms. I suspect it to be the
Panaeolus subbalteatus but it looks almost exactly like the Panaeolus fonessici (forgot how to spell it). The specimin in question was found on a lawn after two days of rain. They look exactly the same because of the ring or belt near the bottom of the cap but I'm having trouble. I don't have pictures, sorry, but the subbalteatus stems look thick and brown (according to pictures) and my stems are thin and white. So please help me out if you can. And another thing, are either of these hallucinogenic? If so, which ones? Are either of them dangerous? Which ones?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Look Alikes [Re: UberAlles]
    #1520283 - 05/04/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

subbs are active but weak.  foes are not but aren't poisonous.  from the thin white stems and it being found in grass i would guess foes.  sorry dude :frown: have you read the hunting faq here? its got some good pics of subbs some are even growing in grass so maybe that can help you.  peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Look Alikes [Re: UberAlles]
    #1520309 - 05/04/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Subbalteatus are much more robust, and do have brown stems usually in the 1/2cm range in thickness. Pan. foenisecii are much more delecate mushrooms which are very common on grass. They are smaller, and usually have whitish/buff stems under .5 cm thick

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale