Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
Best Blue Light Source
    #1517857 - 05/03/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well pondering I had a vison that the best blue light source for Mushrooms would be a vivd blue and it had to be a cool bulb to avoid over temp. and i have found that the " Ocean Blue " 16 inch bulbs from PetCo to be a very nice light source and not only is the blue a awesome color the bulb stays pretty cool and dose not heat up to badly.

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Best Blue Light Source [Re: DrShroomAholic]
    #1517885 - 05/03/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

IMHO, best to keep things simple & inexpensive. A screw in type compact fluorescent light bulb works great for my foaf.

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Best Blue Light Source [Re: SixTango]
    #1517912 - 05/03/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

there is a post on this forum already about best lighting sources, a big debate on wether its worth the expense to buy a 480nm light source as opposed to incan. or fluoro

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineDrShroomAholic
DrShroomAholic

Loc: You just picked me you ju...
Re: Best Blue Light Source [Re: amyloid]
    #1518353 - 05/03/03 09:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

PetCo has a nice small bulb that cost's 6.58 us and from what im told it is very nice
and does a remarkable job. I had a friend in europe run 6 test's 3 white 1 black light
1 blacklight / bluelight and 1 Ocean Blue alone. What i found out was the whites they provide way more heat then the Blue Spectra lights and the Combo worked real well on a popcorn case. My tech said he saw very promising results.

--------------------
Open wide and shut your eye's stick out your toung you are in for a suprise chew a cap and chew a stem empty your mouth say AMEN and sit on down and let the fun begin your about to leave reality time and time again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale