Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelivekushed
Stranger
About harvest time
    #15167955 - 10/02/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am sure their have been threads LIKE this; but specifically;

The veil broke under a couple of them about 2 or 3 days ago, but I didn't pick them until.. well.. 2 or 3 days later. Did I wait too long, will they be actively less potent now than if I picked them earlier, or do you think I am ok? The veil is completely gone now.

I just put them in an open paper bag to dry since I have no calcium chloride. Will this suffice?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePureHash
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: About harvest time [Re: livekushed]
    #15167987 - 10/02/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I dont know about your drying method but your potency will be diminished slightly if you let them grow after the veil breaks. You should harvest just before it breaks for highest potency.

--------------------

TRADE LIST
Pure's Cook Book<-- Under Construction
Laboratory Organization Charts

"Debating with a select few here is like playing chess with the pigeon, No matter how good you are the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and claim victory."

OfflinePureHash
Male

Re: About harvest time [Re: PureHash]
    #15167989 - 10/02/11 04:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You can get calcium cloride at crappy tire or anywhere they sell canning equipment, It is used for making pickles.

--------------------

TRADE LIST

"Debating with a select few here is like playing chess with the pigeon, No matter how good you are the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and claim victory."

OfflineHoneydew
Physicist
Male

Loc: The Yog Tower
    #15167992 - 10/02/11 04:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you should fan dry them instead of just letting them sit in a bag

--------------------
I'm only on this website to role play about mycology I would never actually do that.

Offlinelivekushed
Stranger
Re: About harvest time [Re: Honeydew]
    #15168002 - 10/02/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The rest of them I'll be more attentive too, I suppose I'll go get some calcium chloride today.

I'm super disappointed that I picked them late, but I am trying to remember it's my first time and to take it easy hahah..

OfflinePureHash
Male

#15170633 - 10/03/11 07:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It won't make a huggggeee difference unless you wayy overshot it.

--------------------

TRADE LIST

InvisiblePsilicubes
Re: About harvest time *DELETED* [Re: livekushed]
    #15170747 - 10/03/11 08:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Psilicubes

Reason for deletion: Property of the DEA

OfflinePureHash
Male

Re: About harvest time [Re: Psilicubes]
    #15170977 - 10/03/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea all mushies have to be cracker dry. Growing them untill the veil is fully open is no issue. It just lessens the potency. If you are growing them for yourself pick them before the veil breaks. If your growing them for your "friends" then let em grow so they weigh more :wink: lol

EDIT:

Also store the dry mushies in the freezer. Psilocybin oxidizes and degrades at room temp relatively easily. The blue bruising in your mushies is the Psilocybin oxidizing on contact with oxygen.

--------------------

TRADE LIST

Edited by PureHash (10/03/11 09:41 AM)

OfflineXFINITY
Not a noob just quiet
Male User Gallery

Loc: 33*44'43.5N 117*55'08.2W
    #15171003 - 10/03/11 09:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

livekushed said:
The rest of them I'll be more attentive too, I suppose I'll go get some calcium chloride today.

I'm super disappointed that I picked them late, but I am trying to remember it's my first time and to take it easy hahah..

You shouldn't be too disappointed, think about it, you were able to cultivate successfully, do you know how many people on this forum fail at that constantly. But yes I also agree that you should fan dry them, unless you plan on eating them soon, then a paper bag in the refrigerator is just fine.

OfflineKoeeoaddi

Re: About harvest time [Re: XFINITY]
    #15171177 - 10/03/11 10:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

invest in a dehydrator! it does a lot for your potency when you dont have to leave yr freshly picked lil fungi out and exposed to the open air for two or three days to get them fully dry.  a dehydrator can generally sap them of all moisture within 6-12 hours, then straight into glass jars fit with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packets they go! unless you have a proper vacuum sealer that is...

i suppose its a topic of debate, but in my experience i can attest to the notion that cubensis fruits lose potency after the veil breaks.  or perhaps its not so much that they are losing potency, but rather that the weight they continue to add as they grow after their veil opens seems to be only extraneous water weight.  though perhaps once the veil breaks the psilocybin/cin production halts and the oxidation process immediately begins to take its toll, actually causing a potency "loss" as well as adding extra water weight.  im not sure anybody knows for certain exactly what is going on, but hopefully if anybody out there does they'll chime in!

OfflinePureHash
Male

Re: About harvest time [Re: Koeeoaddi]
    #15171594 - 10/03/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Koeeoaddi said:
invest in a dehydrator! it does a lot for your potency when you dont have to leave yr freshly picked lil fungi out and exposed to the open air for two or three days to get them fully dry.  a dehydrator can generally sap them of all moisture within 6-12 hours, then straight into glass jars fit with oxygen absorbers and desiccant packets they go! unless you have a proper vacuum sealer that is...

i suppose its a topic of debate, but in my experience i can attest to the notion that cubensis fruits lose potency after the veil breaks.  or perhaps its not so much that they are losing potency, but rather that the weight they continue to add as they grow after their veil opens seems to be only extraneous water weight.  though perhaps once the veil breaks the psilocybin/cin production halts and the oxidation process immediately begins to take its toll, actually causing a potency "loss" as well as adding extra water weight.  im not sure anybody knows for certain exactly what is going on, but hopefully if anybody out there does they'll chime in!

This;)

--------------------

TRADE LIST

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Cultivation Supplies