Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Loc: •FrEsH CoAsT Flag
Lemme see your GloveBox
    #15166206 - 10/02/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Driving to lowes for something figured I'd look into a glovebox build! Lemme see some pictures of some really nice gloveboxs youve seen or have! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: PeterPanda209]
    #15166225 - 10/02/11 10:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: The Influence]
    #15166233 - 10/02/11 10:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: tripdawg420]
    #15166294 - 10/02/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What you actually want is a still air box. I build one out of a large cardboard box, aluminium foil, some masking tape and a piece of transparent plastic foil I had lying around.
I didn't just use a clear plastic box, because I wanted to be able to fold it up. 

Stick to the kiss principle and try to cause as little air movement as possible when using your box.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: Lord_McLovin]
    #15166573 - 10/02/11 11:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome fast responses thanks hella much guys I can totally appreciate the "keepin it simple" types but problem is I live with an electrician/perfectionist and get bitched at for taking the "easy" way out (not hating on anyone) I'd usually go for simple myself. But I'm looking to do a more "built" than "put together" type ya know? Plexiglass, slanted viewing screen, sturdy/rigid type build. Anyone have one that looks like it has time and work put into it and looks worth the build not only for the fun of doing so but the use I need it for!

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#15166664 - 10/02/11 12:04 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

lol You can tell your from cali from the repeated use of the word hella. My brother recently moved out there and called me and all of a sudden it's hella this and hella that.

More on topic, we should have a GB build off.

OfflineAnonO
Cultivator

#15166776 - 10/02/11 12:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the best way to get the arm holes in your plastic tub is to take an empty coffee can, and heat up the open end with a torch and push it through the plastic. thats how i made mine. worked perfectly, and took 2 minutes.

OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smurf Village Flag
Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: AnonO]
    #15166937 - 10/02/11 01:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ive got 2 box's....  I started with this...

But the HEPA Im using for it isnt good enough for agar work...  works GREAT for grains and syringes though....

So I made this still air box....

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: Big Pappa]
    #15166957 - 10/02/11 01:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i have been using this very same SAB for over a year now, and it has never failed me. never! and i tell you what, it's about as simple as they get.

Edited by awakendone (10/24/11 02:47 PM)

OfflineLord_McLovin
mad scientist on shrooms
Male User Gallery

Loc: infinite dimensional void
    #15166996 - 10/02/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PeterPanda209 said:
Awesome fast responses thanks hella much guys I can totally appreciate the "keepin it simple" types but problem is I live with an electrician/perfectionist and get bitched at for taking the "easy" way out (not hating on anyone) I'd usually go for simple myself. But I'm looking to do a more "built" than "put together" type ya know? Plexiglass, slanted viewing screen, sturdy/rigid type build. Anyone have one that looks like it has time and work put into it and looks worth the build not only for the fun of doing so but the use I need it for!

If you want something like that, go ahead and build yourself a flow hood. There is no point in building a fancy and expensive glovebox, if you could have invested the same amount of money in a fairly good laminar flow hood.

Gloveboxes/still air boxes are an inexpensive and highly useful tool for the amateur cultivator. There is no point in building something fancy, which is expensive and does not work as good as expected.

--------------------
Stand up. You're not alone.

OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

#15167017 - 10/02/11 01:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Lord_McLovin said:
Quote:

PeterPanda209 said:

If you want something like that, go ahead and build yourself a flow hood. There is no point in building a fancy and expensive glovebox, if you could have invested the same amount of money in a fairly good laminar flow hood.

Gloveboxes/still air boxes are an inexpensive and highly useful tool for the amateur cultivator. There is no point in building something fancy, which is expensive and does not work as good as expected.

:whathesaid:

I agree,if your going to go to the expense and trouble, go ahead and build a flow hood.  Youll never regret it!!!  Im still saving for one, but I think I can get away with a good 24"x24" for around $350

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15167032 - 10/02/11 01:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Here's my SAB w/ link to tek. I can fit 13 quart jars in it for G2Gs. Only 1 contam so far & that's cuz I was being lazy during sterile tek.

(I use the one on the left for prints, as it's much smaller. Just put foil over the arm holes for a little AE):

Here's the arrangement for G2Gs:
  -Initial set up:

- Once it's done (kinda messy):

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #15167104 - 10/02/11 01:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Here's my SAB w/ link to tek. I can fit 13 quart jars in it for G2Gs. Only 1 contam so far & that's cuz I was being lazy during sterile tek.

(I use the one on the left for prints, as it's much smaller. Just put foil over the arm holes for a little AE):

Here's the arrangement for G2Gs:
  -Initial set up:

- Once it's done (kinda messy):

Nice :awethumb:

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15167116 - 10/02/11 01:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

TY. influence

--------------------
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

#15167458 - 10/02/11 02:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Damn guys you really filled this post up while I was put, appreciate it alot... Hopefully this thread can grow and have examples of everyone's boxes and new people can ask specifically about one they are interested in to the person that made it...

Ok to start.
The Influence: I am born and raised Cali, my vocabulary uses  extensive support from words like "like" "dude" "Hella" "man" and "bro" it's nuts how I never noticed the Cali trademark on me until I got in such diverse forums, most people hate on Hella but idk why it's just as used as "y'all" or "for real". Not saying you were hating just I'm just blabberin haha

Big pappa: that hepa box deal you got going is sweet! Is that forcing filtered air in and out through the arm holes? Essentially being "inside" a flowhood? :smile:

Awakendone: so that SAB is a Still Air Box I'm guessing? And all that's going on is a box with arm holes upside-down on a a counter? Any other precautions you go through?

Lord Mclovin: I hear you on just going full on and making a flowhood but if bigpappas price guestimation is accurate I'm not looking for that kind of price, I was thinking wooden structure, maybe a light, and a plexiglass viewing window.. Now with the hepa fan blowing out idea I think that'd be a good addition I was hoping under 100 but that hepa deal bigpappa has going on looks cool haha

Transcendinglife: looking damn good, what are the white things going in the holes? Gloves?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15167485 - 10/02/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Tyvek Sleeves attached to the PVC Clean out Pipes via Stainless Steel Clasps.

I know I looked like a :tard: trying on PVC Clean out pipes up to my biceps.
:shrug2: O well. Got what exactly what I needed.

--------------------

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Re: Lemme see your GloveBox [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #15167502 - 10/02/11 02:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Lol I've gone through that moment, being it mounting PVC on my shoulder like a rocketlauncher to see how it feels for a patato cannon or holding a funnel and hose up practicing beer bonging it to see if it was a good length! Haha people just stare like "wtf project are you doing!"

So where did you get tyvek sleeves? I've only seen envelopes..

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #15167529 - 10/02/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If you buy RR's DVDs from his website & put "tyvek" in the comments box, he'll toss you a few.

I traded for a few a while back.
You can pick up tyvek painter suits @ any local hardware store (in the paint aisle.)
I cut the sleeves off for my SAB.

I need the elastic band sleeves for my bags.
You can pick up 100 pairs for pretty cheap, too.
Just have to search around for them.

--------------------

Offlinerumfor69
Bodhicitta Cultivator
Male

Loc: In the Gills
    #15167567 - 10/02/11 03:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Duck it and fuck it man!!

--------------------

Links For Beginners And Beyond:mspoil:

OfflineBig Pappa
Challenged
Male User Gallery

#15167568 - 10/02/11 03:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PeterPanda209 said:
Big pappa: that hepa box deal you got going is sweet! Is that forcing filtered air in and out through the arm holes? Essentially being "inside" a flowhood? :smile:

Yes, it draws in air from the room through the HEPA and into the box creating a positive pressure in the box.  It then blows out the arm holes. 

Works real good, but I keep getting contams on agar plates.  It MAY be that I havent been wrapping tape around them when letting them cool though....  but I do leave the HEPA running.  I have not had ANY contams get into any of my jars.... 

Its not really big enough in its current design for doing grain to grain transfers, allthough I did manage it....  its not tall enough.  So I built a still air box by putting 2 totes together and sealing them with silicone.  I use 4" PVC stops to keep it sealed up when not in use.

oh yeah, to get Tyvek sleeves... go to lowes or home depot and buy a tyvek painters suit.  There about 10 bucks.  Cut the sleeves off it.  Cut the rest of it up for filters.....

--------------------

For Sale
Want List

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates