Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Switzerland?
    #1515386 - 05/02/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

High all,
I live in switzerland , and would like to go out hunting. I have never done this , but perhaps someone has (preferably near Geneva or Lausanne). What kinds did you find , and where?
thx,
Jazz

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Switzerland? [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1515411 - 05/02/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm i dont really know what you'd find maybe some liberty caps. do a search i seem to remember someone posting something about switzerland awhile back. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Switzerland? [Re: blaze2]
    #1515661 - 05/02/03 06:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

One of my colleagues lives in Vevey, Suisse.

His name is Tjakko Stijve. He use to worlk for Nestles and has conducted many years of psilocybian research including analysis and taxonomy. His main job was checking trace elementws in fungi.

There are liberty caps in Wsitzewrland int he fall. They call them Psilos there. there are also Psilocybe cyanescens. and Pluteus salicinus.

Although there are five Inocybe species common in Suisse, I do not recommend that you seek those out becasue of too many poiisonous muscarine Inocybes in Suisse.

Look up the species I recommend. They will come out in thee fall months before the freeze and during the rains. The liberty caps are in pastures in tall grass but not in manure.

P. cyanescens can be found in peoples gardens, parks, conservatories and herbariums inthe gardens of peoples private homes and around houises or new condos or apartment buidings with nice muclched in gardens.

Good luck. Read my guide posted Url below for more info.

mj

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Switzerland? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1517030 - 05/03/03 04:57 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the reply!
Would it maybe too much to ask, if you could ask your friend , if he would be so kind to take me hunting once?
I know, you don?t know me , and there is no real reason to trust me, but it would be great for me to go with someone else first.
I checked some pics for Cyanscens and Semilanceata and came up with a problem: They say Liberties are supposed to be "breast-shaped", but what about these pics:
Psi. Cyanscens
and Psi. Semilanceata

They both have the same color, even the Liberties are darkish brown. This is probrably due to the rain or something, but still they look very similar to me now.
This might not be too much of a problem , as Cyanscens are wood-loving, but still:
Imagine me eating 25 - 50 Cyanscens !!! I dont want that to happen , as high dosages of over 7 gr give me uncomfortable feelings of being overwhelmed by the trip in its first phases. (i.e: Too much light, too much thoughts, sickness)
How can I be sure to know which is which? Would waiting for the veil to break be a good procedure? That way cyanscens would become wavy, right?
Lastly, I would like to ask you if you could give me some info on the Pluteus salicinus, as I cannot find anything on the net concerning Psiloycbin and Psilocin content, other than "European species are claimed to vary in content and mostly have no psilocin".

Thankyou very much,
Jazz

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1517179 - 05/03/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Although Sr. Stijve has eaten mushrooms twice, and is in his early 19080s he does not take people out for hallucinogenic mushrooms.

ANd yes there are edible shroom sellers in public markets . You can asked them about the shrooms. I gave you habitat. Going yourself is not that hard of a thing to do and what you accomplish is how much you put yourself into finding them. TI am sure there are enough peo[ple in Switzerland who knows where they are. Liberty caps are iin most pasturelands. So that is where to look. The instant the hot summer months go away and the first rains come. Go out a few days after the rain and look.

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1517181 - 05/03/03 07:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Read the how to Identify Psilocybine mushrooms. It is posted here int his forum.

muj

Psilocybe species are hygrophanous. They change color when druying, usually to a straw-yllow color from either a chestnut reddish brown (P. cyanescens) and Light brown (P. semilanceata, librty cap).

mj

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
    #1517223 - 05/03/03 08:11 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Jazzmatazz:
Check this thread for libertycap details..
Click here to see that thread..

I?m in sweden but the habitat sould be the same in Switzerland.

BTW..There?s a lot of pict in that post that might help you.
peace...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Switzerland? [Re: stonErollEr1]
    #1517270 - 05/03/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

stonErollEr1,

never, I say Never put fresh shrooms, expecially liberty caps otrr Copelandia mushrooms in a plastic bag.

In fact do not ever put any fresh musherooms into plastic bags. They can spoil, collect bacteria and rot inthe bag while transporting them around.

It is not good for the shroom.

mj

Use a paper bag, or small cardboard box.

mj

Nice photos in your post though.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1518079 - 05/03/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The instant the hot summer months go away and the first rains come. Go out a few days after the rain and look.

Thanks, i will do! I dont quite get however, what you mean with the sellers of edible shrooms. Should I ask them where to find liberties? Most probably not, right?!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1518343 - 05/03/03 09:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

NO but if they look cool then maybe you could asked them. However, any cattle or sheep pasture are places to look, Go rfor a ride int he countryside where there are known cattle farms. Avoid Bulls. They can chase you and remember not all bulls have horns. there are young bucks iychin to buck you one from behind.

Be cool. DO not litter adnd always close an open fence or gate when entering and leaving.

have a shroomty day. There are quite a few iamges of liberty caps at my site int he url below.

mj

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/species.htm

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
    #1518912 - 05/04/03 03:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

MJ: Where did you see any plastic bag/s in my pictures??
The only one i can see contains dried specimens.

If you are refering to the plastic "lunch"-boxes that is without a lid and just when we collect them, then empty them in a paperbag.[maximum of 30-40min]

But YES that is a good point you got there, if you use plasticbags they just turn into one giant mush-blob..

peace...

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Switzerland? [Re: stonErollEr1]
    #1519143 - 05/04/03 09:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry I did not enlarge this imae. The thumbnail looked like a refletion form plastic bag in this image below.

mj

But no do not put them in plastic when collecting.

mj

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1519614 - 05/04/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

@MJ Shroomer: You couldnt give me Tjakko Stijve?s email adress could you? That way I could at least ask him , where it might be worth hunting here in the suisse romand.
thx,
Jazz

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1519757 - 05/04/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No I can not. And as I said he will not take people out mushrooming for illegal substances

There is a site from Switzerland called Zauberpilzer. You can find it somewhere on my links page at:

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/links.htm

have a shroomy day

Sorry.

mj

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1521866 - 05/05/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

like i said , i just wanted the info not the tour!

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #1521885 - 05/05/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I am sorry buit Dr. Stijve willnot provide information such as what you ask.. Join a local mycological Society Club,. There are several in different parts of your country. I am sure there are some psilocybe pickers in such clubs as there are here in America and throughout Europe.

They can help you. Part of the fun of shrooming is being able to go discover where they are at all on your own. Or possoiibly with a freiend or someone you know who knows where they grow.

AS I said, pastures are for the li9betryt caps August until the Freeze and then the P. cyanescens in nice gardens during the same period.

mj

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1522041 - 05/05/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok, thankyou Ill check out if , there is something similar in geneva.
On this occasion I just wanted to thank you for all the polite,fast and qualified help you have given me and everyone else on the shroomery since Ive been a member! (and obviously long before!)
Jazz

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom