Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Amazing Idaho
    #15153350 - 09/29/11 02:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Spent the entirety of a day yesterday hunting penny buns and chanterelles with my buddy, and figured I'd introduce you guys to some of Idaho. This is north central, and here goes! (Sorry for out of focus pics, all were taken on my phone)

Scenery:

Mushroom IDs Appreciated:

Slipper Jacks (I believe):

Coral:

Purple w/orange spores:

Possible gym?:

unknown:

THE HAUL!!!!

Chanterelles probably got 2-3#, 80% had grey caps though, but that makes no difference to me. The larger bolete on the lower left was probably 4" in diameter. Found one with a 12" cap my friend will send me the pic, and my largest "worm free" (forgot a pic before ginsu-ing it) was 10" cap, and didn't taste good due to texture. Thanks for any help, and thanks for enjoying!

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: fngbronco]
    #15153417 - 09/29/11 02:53 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They do look like gym's, what color is the spores print?

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Offlinemountainplayer
Worm Dehydrator
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #15153428 - 09/29/11 02:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Beautiful boletes!  Your purple mushroom and your #1 unkown are Cortinarius. Not sure enough to venture a guess on the others.

MP

Invisiblewildernessjunkie
Reshitivest
I'm a teapot

Loc: HTTP 404 Not Found
Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: fee] * 1
    #15153443 - 09/29/11 02:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Out of all the places I've lived. I still dream of going back to Idaho. That place is amazing.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: wildernessjunkie]
    #15153469 - 09/29/11 03:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice.... Thanks for reminding us that even Idaho has mushrooms!

Nice haul...

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Invisiblemaynardjameskeenan
The white stipes
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Merica
Trusted Identifier
Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: HarryL]
    #15153479 - 09/29/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have never heard the amazing and Idaho used in the same sentence. I do like you pictures though :grin: I think you gym is a cortinarius species.

--------------------
May you be filled with loving kindness.
May you be well.
May you be peaceful and at ease.
May you be happy.

AMU Q&A

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: maynardjameskeenan]
    #15153567 - 09/29/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maynardjameskeenan said:
I have never heard the amazing and Idaho used in the same sentence. I do like you pictures though :grin: I think you gym is a cortinarius species.

Could be. fngbronco, what was the habitat?

--------------------
]

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: Ieponumos]
    #15153788 - 09/29/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Rotting tree stump in a meadow. Didn't print them, as I figured they were inedible anyhow, but had orange spores from the stipe and below them. Found tons of others (russula, lactarious, and others I didn't photog, should've taken more pics). May be going back next Wednesday, with a camera and shotgun (grouse everywhere) to take pics of everything.

Idaho is one of the most diverse ecosystems in the US. we've got canyonlands, desert, high desert, plains, rain forest (temperate), marsh, swamp, about everything. One of the most geothermal active places in the world (thanks to Yellowstone), and has one of the coldest towns in the nation (temperature swings of 50°f in daily low to high are common), different species of gemstones, minerals, fish (only landlocked state with retiming ocean run salmon and steelhead, the sturgeon used to migrate too), and it's Idaho :smile:

I used to tell my old boss from Texas that Idaho was god's Texas :laugh:

Tha ms for the compliments, and wilderness, you ever think of coming back let me know I can help ya get things going here (job and home wise). Economy sucks now, but it's sill manageable.

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
    #15153814 - 09/29/11 04:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Slipper Jacks (I believe): Maybe Suillus brevipes

Purple w/orange spores: Cortinarius violaceus

Possible gym?: Probably Cortinarius

Nice haul! Those porcini look awesome!:awesome:

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #15154915 - 09/29/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome thank you mr Zimmer!! I am really psyched this season is going well. Only got til opening day of duck season, then I'll be too occupied, but may find some oysters.

How do you recommend cooking porcini and chanterelles?

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

OfflineNeoSporen
Antibiotic cream
Other User Gallery

Loc: Graham, WA
    #15155192 - 09/29/11 08:51 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:bliss: nice haul man, and I love the woods shots!!! I've fried chantrelles in some butter and pepper, then loaded them up on a burger. Probably the best hamburger I've ever had:yesnod:

--------------------
Having lived through an existence close to nature, one accepts the small and simple things as most important in life. Sun, wind, rain and snow. The sounds birds make, smells of fresh wild flowers. Love of all kinds, from friends and family, thy self and our neighbors. Beautiful sunrises to the darkest clouds dancing above in the sky. To forgive, learn, share and express. This is the only thing a man such as myself can ask for. What comes as the result is nothing short of the core of human existence, to truly live free in body and mind.

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: NeoSporen]
    #15156460 - 09/30/11 02:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, good to see ya bfogg :smile: I'm psyched to see ya this fall. We did butter sauted chanterelles with steak and once they cooled...oh my fucking awesomeness they were amazing with the creamy flavor!  I'm making a cream sauce tomorrow with the chanterelles and loading a burger with em!

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlinenovictimnocrime
Cruisin’ for a bruisin’
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15205383 - 10/10/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You should buy the book "Mushrooms of Idaho and the pacific north west" by Edmund E. Tylutki

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: novictimnocrime]
    #15209386 - 10/11/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've never heard of that one, I'll look it up for sure!!

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

Loc: North West U S of A
    #15209645 - 10/11/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I lived in SE ID for about 3 years, then about 2 yrs ago I moved only a hop skip n jump from there. I have familiy still there. It's so beautiful. ...well... certain parts are. LOL I like where I'm at better now though! :grin:  a town of only 500 in the winter... heaven to me. :smile: not a stoplight or fast food joint for at least 1hr car ride. :stoned: (and i was born n raised in Vegas LOL)

Was up here at this lake a few months ago...You have to hike min. 2 miles in(after you drive 20 from the road) Live about 40 miles from it. BEAUTIFUL.

[url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/11-41/835832608-IMG122.jpg]

not bad for the ol' camera phone. :mushroom2:

Edited by VegasPole (10/11/11 12:46 PM)

Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Amazing Idaho [Re: VegasPole]
    #15210275 - 10/11/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Beautiful!!! You still in Idaho or you go to the other side of the Rockies? Looks like you guys have pine beetles too :frown: how's the fishing in that lake? It looks awesome!!

--------------------

Pill Divider Agar Tek

OfflineVegasPole
Dabbler
Male

Loc: North West U S of A
    #15242304 - 10/18/11 09:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

fngbronco said:
Beautiful!!! You still in Idaho or you go to the other side of the Rockies? Looks like you guys have pine beetles too :frown: how's the fishing in that lake? It looks awesome!!

No.. My folks and sisters are still there. I went up north to a small town. Not too far away. :wink:  I absolutely love it. Pine bettles are definetly here too, unfortunatly. The lake was killer. Not a soul in sight. I heard the fishing is awesome, but ahemm.. I kinda broke my fly rod on the way down that steep face. :blush: Sucked... The face of the mountain looked drier than it was. It was covered in wet wet moss. Slid the whole way down and broke the tip of the pole pretty good. Was still beautiful and I'll be back there next year!

by the way, i love your forest pictures too... so cool. It reminds me more of Island Park forest... Up here it seems more "mountainy", although there are spots that look similar to those... close, tall trees. SO COOL! Gotta love PNW!

--------------------
Wise man once say, "Goto bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly fingers."

Sweet Sativa(personal cross - Mex. Sat.X SweetTooth#3)(MEDICAL):

Edited by VegasPole (10/18/11 09:22 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals