Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
mycelium attacking green mold???
    #1512156 - 05/01/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A neighborhood stray had to use a wild P. Cubensis print to make his syringes. This poor stray has one PF jar out of 13 that looks like it is doing well. It has colonized about 75%. The last couple of days he noticed an area that looked like a shadow at first then light green possibly light blue smaller than the tip of a pencil eraser. Today it seems that the area is disapearing as pure white mycelium is growing over it.

Would it be safe for him to continue on as planned with this jar and should he have worries that the spot may come back?

Could the fungus have killed what might have been a green mold?

Could the spot have been bruising from the stray moving the jar around? (the cake is loose in the jar)

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium attacking green mold??? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1512422 - 05/01/03 06:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Its possible, keep it around and see

Anonymous

Re: mycelium attacking green mold??? [Re: Zwieback0]
    #1512828 - 05/01/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Although it is possible, you may want to keep a good watch over that jar.
Once I had a jar with some black crud on the side, but mycellium grew over it. When I opened the jar, not only did it have a horrid smell but when I opened the cake it was black throughout the inside.

Mycellium can grow over contams, but the contams may have colonized the insides... so be wary.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium attacking green mold??? [Re: daba]
    #1512878 - 05/01/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I kind of feared that the strays jar may be colonized on the inside with contams, but I prefer to be an optimist. If its ok after said stray gets back from a trip this weekend he'll still try to case. If the inside is green, he'll bury it in a pile of straw and poo that is rumored to be somewhere in the neighborhood and ask mother nature for a favor.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#1512895 - 05/01/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yea,
What about the possibility of bruising. No one has said if that could be the case. It really was a very light bluish green color. Please give this poor stray some hope.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1512997 - 05/01/03 08:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

hmmm...
May be.
Patience my friend.

Watch if it grows, or spreads...

Just wait until the jar is 100%, then open it up to reveal fortune or failure hehe.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium attacking green mold??? [Re: daba]
    #1514309 - 05/02/03 08:47 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If you spawn an outdoor patch with substate that has mold on it would nature take over and balance everything out? I know that throwing spores in your back yard is pointless but spawning to something outside shouldn't be a problem because contams are everywhere outside and shrooms seem to like growing outdoors.

I'd just like for the stray to be able to salvage something if things don't work out in his back alley shelter.

Could the stray make the patch less appealing to contams some way that wouldn't kill the mycelium?

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1515405 - 05/02/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like it possible could be bruising. Ive had BRF jars bruise slightly for no apparent reason in jars.

Just keep an eye on it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: mycelium attacking green mold??? [Re: baraka]
    #1550464 - 05/15/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it was just bruising so I now have it in my wonderful fruiting jar look

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds