Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience?
    #15068198 - 09/12/11 02:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i've tried it twice.. both times it was interesting. i may go at it again one day with fresher whole nutmegs at a massive dose

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSoluminia
The mind is god
Male

Loc: CO
Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: owls]
    #15068434 - 09/12/11 03:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I had some friends try to get me to do it but idk if that's something I really wanna try. What was your experiances with it like?

--------------------

Offlinemongo lloyd
Lone Free Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #15068576 - 09/12/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Y u gotta make loads of crappy threads?
:yuno:

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: mongo lloyd] * 2
    #15068681 - 09/12/11 04:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know, I only did it once when I was a kid. I remember doing it at work as an overnight gas station clerk. For whatever reason, I remember lieing my ass off the whole night like it was a huge joke. I told one girl that I worked with that I was Mongolian, and convinced a random customer that smoking seaweed would fuck you up.:lol: Also, by the end of my shift I felt like I had the flu.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#15068688 - 09/12/11 04:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I used some organic ground nutmeg, a good bit of it and put it on some peanut butter between two crackers and ate it. I then walked to my friends house in my neighborhood. Her dad came home all pissed and everyone had to leave. My house was only two blocks from hers but it was a long agonizing trip that felt like I was walking for days on end.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: MisterMuscaria] * 2
    #15068888 - 09/12/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

it's pretty good in certain dishes. normally though i don't use it much.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #15069048 - 09/12/11 05:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
I don't know, I only did it once when I was a kid. I remember doing it at work as an overnight gas station clerk. For whatever reason, I remember lieing my ass off the whole night like it was a huge joke. I told one girl that I worked with that I was Mongolian, and convinced a random customer that smoking seaweed would fuck you up.:lol: Also, by the end of my shift I felt like I had the flu.

rofl

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: owls] * 2
    #15071527 - 09/13/11 04:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I once had a cauliflower that tasted like ass, like all cauliflower does when cooked. I added a sprinkle of nutmeg and it tasted great. That sure was interesting.

On a more serious notem its time for a repost from 2005:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NUTMEG CONSTITUTES A GRAVE HEALTH HAZARD if used to get high.
30gr of nutmeg can be LIFE THREATENING!

Let me now write

THE MOTHER OF ALL NUTMEG POSTS :grin:
In this post I will do the search, supply the info, scientifically kick Shulgin's ass on his nutmeg hypothesis and show you why Nutmeg is BAD m'kay? :wink:

First of all let us consider Nutmeg itself:

Quote:

Title: Myristica
Additional Names:  Nutmeg;  nux moschata;  nuces (semen) nucistae
Constituents:  25-35% fixed oil and 5-15% volatile oils. 
CAUTION:  Ingestion of large quantities causes drowsiness, stupor, death.

"The Stuff" that condenses to the glass wall if the nutmeg concoction cools is Nutmeg Butter

Quote:

Title:  Oil of Nutmeg, Expressed
Additional Names:  Nutmeg butter;  oil of mace
Literature References:  Oil expressed from nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt., Myristicaceae).  Constit.  Chiefly trimyristin; some volatile oil.
Properties:  Orange-red to reddish-brown, soft solid.  mp 45-51?.  Odor and taste of nutmeg.  d 0.990-0.995.
Melting point:  mp 45-51?
Toxicity data:  LD50 orally in rats:  3640 mg/kg, P. M. Jenner et al., Food Cosmet. Toxicol. 2, 327 (1964)
CAUTION:  Symptoms similar to Oil of Nutmeg, Volatile.

Now nutmeg butter is the combination of both the fatty and volatile oils of nutmeg, so there will be a LOT of it, 30-50% of the used nutmeg, to be precise.
The Nutmeg Butter holds the psychoactive components. Since the fat is just a vegetable oil this leaves the volatile oil to our scrutiny:

Quote:

Title:  Oil of Nutmeg, Volatile
Additional Names:  Oil of myristica
Literature References:  Steam-distilled oil from dried kernels of ripe seeds of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt., Myristicaceae).  Constit.  60-80% d-Camphene, ~8% d-pinene; dipentene, d-borneol, l-terpineol, ~6% geraniol, safrol, ~4% myristicin.  The myristicin fraction together with its more than 25% content of elemicin is supposed to be responsible for the purported hallucinogenic properties of nutmeg seed:  Shulgin, Nature 197, 4865 (1963); Weil, Econ. Botany 19, 194-217 (1965).
Properties:  Colorless or pale yellow liquid; odor and taste of nutmeg. 
Toxicity data:  LD50 orally in rats:  2620 mg/kg (Jenner)
CAUTION:  Ingestion of large quantities produces narcosis, delirium, death.

This, for once, is where the good dr. Shulgin and I part.

Safrole (3,4-methylenedioxyallylbenzene)
Myristicin (5-MeO-Safrole)
Elemicin (3,4,5-trimethoxy-allylbenzene)

Now these are excellent starting materials to make MDA, MMDA and TMA respectively, but they are not known to be desirably psychoactive. They are known to cause CANCER though. And they are very hard on the liver.

Speaking of hard on the liver, how about Camphene, the major constituent of the oil? It is a camphorlike substance that is smuggled into your body and gives your liver a TON of work to metabolize it into camphorlike substances.
Now let's look at camphor, shall we?

Quote:

Additional Names:  (1S)-(-)-Camphor

CAUTION:  Potential symptoms of overexposure to synthetic camphor are irritation of eyes, skin, mucous membranes; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; headache, dizziness, confusion, vertigo, excitement, restlessness, delerium, hallucinations; epileptic convulsions; CNS depression, coma.

Hold da phone.. what was that again?

Quote:

NUTMEG: Ingestion of large quantities causes drowsiness, stupor, death.

NUTMEG VOLATILE OIL: Ingestion of large quantities produces narcosis, delirium, death.

CAMPHOR: irritation of eyes, skin, mucous membranes; nausea, vomiting, diarrhea; headache, dizziness, confusion, vertigo, excitement, restlessness, delerium, hallucinations; epileptic convulsions; CNS depression, coma.

Sooo.. Camphor is a Central Nervous System Depressant ("sedative") that causes Delirium which features hallucinations, confusion, excitement & restlessness which are pretty standard as toxic deliria go. (Looks alot like DT, Delirium Tremens)

All of this is reflected in the Nutmeg data, and Camphor is the well-studied analog of the more obscure Camphene thats up to 80% of volatile nutmeg oil.

Now let's look at the  NATURAL HIGHS FAQ  at Erowid:

Quote:

Effects:
Possible nausea during first hour; may cause vomiting or diarrhea in isolated cases. Takes anywhere from one to five hours for effects to set in. Then expect severe cottonmouth, flushing of skin, severely bloodshot eyes, dilated pupils. Personally I compare it to a very, very heavy hash buzz. "Intense sedation". Impaired speech and motor functions. Hallucinations uncommon in average (5-10 gm) doses. Generally followed by long, deep, almost coma-like sleep (expect 16 hours of sleep afterward) and feelings of lethargy after sleep. May cause constipation, water retention. Safrole is carcinogenic and toxic to the liver.

HELLO! There we got the missing link! Here you got the Nausea, the Vomiting and Diarroea that we missed from the Camphor poisoning description. And Camphor externally irritates skin while Nutmeg causes flushed (irritated) skin when taken internally.
And prominent CNS Depressant effects on top of that too!

---

So there you have it then: d-Camphene constitutes 60-80% of Nutmeg Volatile Oil, it is a close relative to Camphor and the toxicology data shows considerable similarity.

Since both descriptions speak of profound CNS DEPRESSANT "sedative" and DELIRIANT "poisoning hallucinations" effects we may conclude that there's a strong link between Camphor toxicity and the Camphene in Nutmeg Volatile Oil.

---

Now let's look at what those 30 grams of nutmeg contain:

9-15gr Nutmeg Butter which contains

1.5-4.5gr Nutmeg Volatile Oil which contains

0.9-3.6gr Camphene (narcotic liver poison, the lethal range for Camphor)

~100-500mg Safrole/Myristicin/Elemicin (carcinogen liver poisons)

---

The bottom line: DON'T DO IT IT IS SELF-POISONING
Just like salt isn't meant to be eaten by the spoonful some things are just suitable for use as a high. Their poisoning symptoms may seem desirable, but the bottom line is that they are POISONING SYMPTOMS and not resultant of specific drug action.

Nutmeg Eating might not seem it at first glance, but upon toxicological scrutiny it is comparable in dangerousness and fucked-up desperation to glue sniffing, where I want to add the distinction that I'd rather poison myself with some very specific brands of huffed glue rather then with Nutmeg. Let's compare it to paint thinner & gasoline huffing.

At C10H16 Camphene is quite comparable to a gasoline fraction anyway, except it has a specific structure. It's more like DRINKING gasoline, even MORE dangerous.

Nutmeg Oil's Camphene is a classic alkyl anaesthetic, supplied in sedative-hypnotic doses, except it is molecularly too BIG to be one and as such it causes epilepsy-like convulsions. Orally it cannot be dosed properly so that means that an ineffective dose now may kill you next time around.

The LEGAL HIGHS FAQ says:
Generally followed by long, deep, almost coma-like sleep
Think for a minute: Do you want to yield yourself to unrousable unconsciousness which might proceed into epileptic convulsions and death? Do you want your girlfriend to find you ridin' the bed like you were in the Exorcist?
Or just silently stop breathing, or awakening after severe apnoea with oxygen deprivation braindamage?
How about liver damage?
Cancer, anyone?

The bottom line: Nutmeg is VERY dangerous to abuse, because it's high is a poisoning. Want to hallucinate? Grow mushrooms from the free spores of the 1/8oz shrooms-baggie you bought.
Want to get Low? Do it properly and use BEER!

Because that's the bottom line: You can compare Nutmeg to a highly dangerous and very poisonous substitute for liquor.
Now how desperate is that?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (09/13/11 04:34 AM)

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: Asante] * 1
    #15071661 - 09/13/11 06:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:omgz:

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: Asante]
    #20784008 - 11/02/14 12:49 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Damn!

Thats scary.

Sounds like this pufferfish from the sea that causes like a stupor/change-in-consciousness effect but its really just posioning you.

I guess my nutmeg days are over. Only for taste now :sad:

Oh well, better than ODing on nutmeg powder.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinespore baby
Male

#20784198 - 11/02/14 01:45 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/13/14 10:38 PM)

OfflineCodeLion
Helix be Praised
Male

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: spore baby]
    #20784218 - 11/02/14 01:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Don't do that much nutmet.
2 nuts of fresh organic nutmeg, ground with a microplane (took like an hour lmao) and parachuted.

Onset: +4 hours
Intense dry mouth, worse than after hours of smokin with nothing to drink
Bit of wobblyness

Fuzzy: ~5 hours to ???
Feels like an intense, intense weed high but without the euphoria. Stupifying high. Decided to do some meditation at one point, began zoning out staring intensely at one point on the wall for some reason. Forget why.

~??? to ???:
More of the same. Massive snuggly load, no brain function

Fell asleep at ???

Felt sluggish (as if awoken from very deep sleep) for nearly 48 hours
coffee did nothing to remedy the lingering sluggishness

--------------------
hmm...

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: spore baby]
    #20784236 - 11/02/14 01:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Nutmeg is very dangerous. Please do not use it to get high. It can be fatal.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Invisiblelets drive around
That kid with a stupid low Jetta
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20784240 - 11/02/14 01:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah no thanks, I'm all set.

--------------------

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: lets drive around]
    #20784661 - 11/02/14 03:54 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I took nutmeg when I was 16 or 17. I was poisoned. There was nothing fun about it. My skin started flaking off my skin and I threw up a lot. I told everyone around me that I must have had the flu, but the flu would have felt a whole lot better.

Offlinespore baby
Male

Re: anyone ever have an interesting nutmeg experience? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #20785466 - 11/02/14 07:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Edited by spore baby (12/13/14 10:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale