Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejugaad
Stranger
Acid trip at a Shpongle gig, Newtown, Sydney 2011
    #15066687 - 09/12/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys and girls. This is my first trip report and first post on this forum. Here we go.

The trip was with my best friend. We had both tripped before. One tab for each previous trip.

We ate our first tab at my friend's house just before leaving for the show. The bus ride was nothingn although people on the bus were more intriguing than they usually are to me and we both begun getting the giggles.

The train was a little more intense. We have compatible senses of humour and found ourselves cracking absurd jokes for one another to the point where we had tears streaming down our faces and neither of us could make it through a sentence without crumbling back into laughter. No visuals at this stage, but things were looking vivid, colourful and interesting. We reached Newtown station and pulled ourselves together. I find it very interesting how you can just let yourself go unrestrained and then when required, you can act rather logically and communicate with people.

For those of you not familiar with Newtown in Sydney, it is a unique little suburb full of alternate types. Interesting shops and creatively dressed people. We made our way down the street and found the Enmore Theatre, but stopped first at a cafe and enjoyed a beer at a table on the footpath. Eager to let go and submit to the acid we headed inside.

We grabbed another beer and found ourselves drumming on a table. I noticed a group of guys watching us. It was a Shpongle gig in Newtown so they no doubt suspected we were on drugs but were just smiling and enjoying our sponteneity. Plenty of absurd joke cracking and imaginitive spiraling conversation, just creating funny scenarios for one another.

Then we heard the music start and the crowd cheer, and made our way into the theatre. We had seated tickets which would turn out to be crucial for the night we had. We had heard half of the album "Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland" and knew nothing else about the band. The first thing we saw was this:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/gallery/32325/inthemix_pres_SHPONGLE/photo#23

We found our seats and just started taking it in, both exclaiming, excessively, how excited we were. So much to take in. So many colours and sounds. Being in this theatre full of like minded people was a very warm experience. I felt safe and as if everyone in the theatre was my friend. We decided to have our second and last tabs a couple minutes into the show, and just had them there at our seats which felt liberating for me. I didn’t care who might have seen me fumbling with my bag to pull out a tab. Not a lot of memory from the show. We were both just obsessed with the blonde singer in the mask. She was so sexy, dancing playfully while singing centre stage. My friend suggested I close my eyes and I could hear so clearly, the size of the room from the sound bouncing from the theatre. I drifted off into a blissful trance and the music just dictated where my mind wondered. The bass and percussion heavy passages of music filling me and the rest of the crowd with more energy and enthusiasm. An amazing live performance with or without drugs no doubt.
At the end of the show we left completely shpongled. In the bathroom afterwoods the tiles in front of me were just swirling and morphing to my delight. We left the venue and didn’t know which way to go. We found ourselves in a small tea house surrounded by plants and wind chimes. We both ordered tea and the absurdity of our situation almost made us lose our shit. Being familiar with the drug I was able to remind us both to avoid resisting the situation. Just accepting it and enjoying it. We did. Our waiter was nowhere to be found and we were confused with the social norms attached to our situation. We ended up just putting $10 on the table and walking out.

All in all I don’t think I really learnt anything from this trip like others I have had. There was too much stimulation to really start thinking about any one topic for very long. Our solid friendship was surely strengthened and my understanding of the drug and perceived ability to endure it was improved also.

Train home was not note worthy. The rest of the night was spent staring at my friend's lamp, drawing with pastels, and watching a live performance by Primus on dvd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGuesstimate
Picklocker Of Consciousness
 User Gallery

Re: Acid trip at a Shpongle gig, Newtown, Sydney 2011 [Re: jugaad]
    #15151456 - 09/29/11 07:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

shpongle the music gods of trips!

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Acid trip at a Shpongle gig, Newtown, Sydney 2011 [Re: Guesstimate]
    #15151515 - 09/29/11 07:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice write-up. I wanted to go to that show but was overseas at the time. I did, however, convince some shpongle virgins to go and they had a great time. Sounds like you had a good time too. :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom