Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomchef
Chef

Loc: Somewhere in the Northeas...
Bacterial blotch in myco bag Question?
    #1502782 - 04/28/03 11:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

:confused: :confused:
I have some myco bags that are colonizing as I type; however it appears that they have bacterial blotch; typical wet slimy looking grains. However i was wondering if the substrate will still produce shrooms in the end and if they are safe to consume onced dryed w/ dessicant?
:crazy:
If not is their a way to remove the blotch and save the substrate maybe by soaking in diluted  peroxid :confused, bleach, chlorine mix when dunking or something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

--------------------
What kind of room can you not go into because it has no walls,windows, or doors?

What's the beginning of eternity,
the end of time and space,
the beginning of the end,
and the end of every place?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Bacterial blotch in myco bag Question? [Re: shroomchef]
    #1502822 - 04/28/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: Bacterial blotch in myco bag Question? [Re: fugu]
    #1502832 - 04/28/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Offlineshroomchef
Chef

Loc: Somewhere in the Northeas...
    #1502836 - 04/28/03 11:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

woops a little high i guess i was talking about wet spot or sour rot. Anyway how about my questions in regard to this contam?

--------------------
What kind of room can you not go into because it has no walls,windows, or doors?

What's the beginning of eternity,
the end of time and space,
the beginning of the end,
and the end of every place?

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

#1502842 - 04/28/03 11:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

soory

--------------------

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Re: Bacterial blotch in myco bag Question? [Re: fugu]
    #1502849 - 04/28/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

but it seems no one here try to answer.lets try another way to ask i am a non english user.

--------------------

Offlinemoldmaster
mold fighter forlife
Loc: contamville, Trich
    #1502920 - 04/28/03 11:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A friend had some myco bags and the same happened to him. Nothing was produced and he was very pissed. Myco bags are a total rip in his opinion and you should just make your own spore syringes and forget about those bags. Of course, you will probably hold on to the bag because you have faith, but nothing will happen, and every time you see the bag it will irritate you. Finally, you will wonder why a pre-sterilized bag got contaminated and the company will tell you it was your fault.

--------------------
Wham bam kick yo ass contam. Mold doesn't even dare to enter my shit because I have the remedy

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1503014 - 04/29/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes they will grow.....

but I would reconsider eating them....or at least these

InvisibleMycoFactory
Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
    #1503564 - 04/29/03 06:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

While it is true that an occasional Mycobag will spontaneously contaminate it is not common. Before they are shipped they have rested for 20 days and then inspected before going out the door to insure quality. We keep logs of all steps making them and provide a batch number on a sticker for each bag. This helps us to track them if there are any unusual reports of a problem. To this date this occurrence is very low and has not been attributed to a batch. More often than not any contamination problems are the result of entry during the inoculation. This is normally from either from a dirty culture syringe or a non-sanitary needle. I have yet to hear of a bag getting to a customer and going bad before it was inoculated. Because we have confidence in our product we do replace suspect product when the customer provides us the lot number and their order information. If this is you send us an e-mail and let us know so we can look in to it and try to help you out. We do not give cultivation advice so please do not ask for that.

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1503877 - 04/29/03 09:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i've had patches that looked a good bit wetter than the surrounding substrate, and i thought that it might be rot, but i cased both of the bags anyway.  I was reassured when i opened the bags because they smelled perfectly shroomy, no bad bacterial smell.  everything went fine, the casings never contaminated.  i was using my own cooked bags, not ordered ones. 
so my suggestion would be, if it's fully colonized, smell it when you open it.  Don't take too huge a whiff just in case :smile:

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (04/29/03 09:57 AM)

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
Re: Bacterial blotch in myco bag Question? [Re: the spiral]
    #1505626 - 04/29/03 06:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My hamster's bags are doing great. He innoc. 2 weeks ago and placed in a double rubbermaid/aquarium heater unit and now there is 1 bag-80%, 1 bag- 40% and 2-bags 20%. They have been hauling ass since the hampster shook them about 5 days ago.

-FB

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract