Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars?
    #15022899 - 09/03/11 01:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Mods: Dunno where to put this. It's not really politics. It's more an exasperation, and a call for my American chums to sort it out. I get the feeling that England is the frying pan, but America is the fire. I want to move to America, but frankly it looks as if you have problems in your country to rival our own.

Three recent news articles that come to mind. I'll post a link to each one, then my take on it

Alex Jones interviewing CEO of Gibson Guitars over the recent raids of their wood.

http://yourjewishnews.com/10615.aspx

Man faces life in prison after video taping police

(Scroll down for video)41-year old Illinois mechanic Michael Allison faces life in jail for recording police officers after authorities hit him with eavesdropping charges based on the hoax that it is illegal to film cops, a misnomer that has been disproved by every other case against people filming police officers being thrown out of court.The state of Illinois is trying to charge Allison with five counts of wiretapping, each punishable by four to 15 years in prison.

----------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure these cops and the prosecution are aware of the first amendment, and that there's no perception of privacy in public, so anyone has the right to film anything in public. This includes you, you fucking bent copper. What, don't like your transgressions being recorded for later use as evidence against you? Don't do the crime if you don't want to do the time. Fucking scumbags! There are good cops out there (I happen to know some. Infact, most bobbies I know are alright) but you've got to stop protecting these thugs. They will make people HATE you.

and finally. First responders being banned from the 2011 9/11 memorial. I don't care what story you believe about that day, it's undeniable that these people are dying from the toxic dust they inhaled, and are being ignored. They couldn't have them at the site, lest it make things "awkward" for the powers that be.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15022919 - 09/03/11 01:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've mentioned it but it seems that the whole world and most of the democrats
believe that the obama administration is creating jobs and doing the right
thing... well, they're creating the jobs they just dont happen to be in the
US. apparently 3 of the photovoltaic panel manufacturers that received
hundreds of millions in federal funds are bankrupt but the CEOs are setting
up shop in china... Hmmmm. why is no one talking about that

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #15022937 - 09/03/11 02:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just want to say this about the guitars:

They are something close to my heart. My dad's boss calls me Segovia (which I'm going to take as a compliment). What little money I had I splured on a really lovely classical guitar. It has rosewood fretboard in it, which I now know comes from India. So, if I go to America, and take this with me, and cannot vouchsafe for where the wood comes from (honestly I have no idea) then they can seize it, even destroy it.

And this guitar means a lot to me. It's not a Gibson, I can't even remember the make, that's not important. The important point is, it's only Gibson Guitars that are being raided. None of the other US companies are.

But the sheer audacity of "if you did the labour in Madagascar, these problems would go away." is tantamount to treason. Here the government is telling Gibson guitars to outsource labour to a foreign country when Gibson wants them to stay in America!

I've always had my heart set on a Flying V (despite being told it's crap, I beg to differ). I want one that is made in america. We have hardly any manufacturing here in this fucky country, my dad makes record cleaners and turntables, and up in Derby there's Rolls Royce jet engines, but apart from that.. Bombs and Aeroplanes? I got no use for either of those, so there's little in the way of British goods I can buy. I go with the next best thing, American goods. I have zippo lighters, a berkley water filter, two vapolution vaporisers both made in california, and numerous other goodies all shipped in with punitive customs duty slapped ontop of them. I like paying it, because if my money doesn't go to England or America, it's going to China, which is just perpetuating their slavery.

And yes, I'm addicted to electronics, so I am aware of the hypocrisy of this statement.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15022961 - 09/03/11 02:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I heard about that. Tbh, sounds like some mate of Obama went up to him and said

"Can I have some money."
"Sure, here's half a billion."
"You know I'm gonna go bankrupt and take it all so I won't have to pay workers their pensions?"
"Like I give a fuck about americans? Go spend that money on some Chinese slave labour camp, spend it on cocaine. Just go have fun. We own these bitches now. We're their pimps."

Basically governments around the world are pimpslapping us and stubbing cigarettes out on our arms. I don't want to be anyones bitch.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #15022985 - 09/03/11 02:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
I just want to say this about the guitars:

They are something close to my heart. My dad's boss calls me Segovia (which I'm going to take as a compliment). What little money I had I splured on a really lovely classical guitar. It has rosewood fretboard in it, which I now know comes from India. So, if I go to America, and take this with me, and cannot vouchsafe for where the wood comes from (honestly I have no idea) then they can seize it, even destroy it.

wrong

Quote:

But the sheer audacity of "if you did the labour in Madagascar, these problems would go away." is tantamount to treason. Here the government is telling Gibson guitars to outsource labour to a foreign country when Gibson wants them to stay in America!

that's how democrats create jobs, shut them down in the Us amd force them overseas

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #15023244 - 09/03/11 03:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Aside from the fact that it is utterly asinine that our government is raiding a company for noncompliance with a foreign law that the foreign nation has found them in compliance there is also the matter of Martin guitars, a Gibson competitor.  They have not been raided even once and they use the same wood from the same source.  What is the difference you ask.  The owner of Gibson is a big Republican donor and the owner of Martin is a big democrat donor. 

They told me if I voted for McCain we would have checkbook justice and they were right.

I think all of those videotaping cops laws just got demolished by a federal judges decision that they were protected by 1st and 4th amendments.
http://www.policeone.com/legal/articles/4274274-Court-upholds-citizens-right-to-film-cops/

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #15023250 - 09/03/11 03:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

By the way, to answer the actual question in the title of this thread they are talking about it.  Conservatives, that is.  Liberals and their media stooges are treating it the way they treat everything that reveals Obama as the Chicago thug he is.  With silence.

--------------------

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #15023336 - 09/03/11 03:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, what the fuck..

Can someone sum up why Gibson is being raided?
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Aside from the fact that it is utterly asinine that our government is raiding a company for noncompliance with a foreign law that the foreign nation has found them in compliance

If that is true, then it seems the raid is unjustified.. Am I missing something?

--------------------
full blown human

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #15024105 - 09/03/11 05:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not that I can tell

--------------------

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
    #15024154 - 09/03/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Then Gibson should take legal action against the US government.

--------------------
full blown human

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: The fuck america? Why is no one talking about Gibson Guitars? [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #15024346 - 09/03/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think they are going to have to.  It's called defense.  This really is astonishing.  Vote this asshole and all of his henchmen out.

Don't forget that this persecution is being paid for with taxpayer dollars.  Like the Roger Clemens bullshit.  Why?

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#15028841 - 09/04/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck voting him out. Impeach the mafia wannabe.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/15/house-panel-slams-fast-and-furious-gun-operation-tied-to-border-agents-death/

And John Holdren to, both of these are implicated in treason, shipping guns to drug cartels in Mexico and in the US, telling them to exterminate rival drug gangs that aren't properly laundering their money.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/31/obamas-solar-stimulus-snafu/

And whilst you're at it, investigate this shady deal.

Fucking hell. Bush and Blair were bad, but I didn't think Obama would be worse. I thought Obama was going to at least pretend to give a flying fuck about people, rather than openly talking about sabotaging America.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom