Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (pic)
    #1496559 - 04/26/03 06:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well I finally got my BBB order today a full 2 days before the three weeks of time. I'm a newbie to Salvia D. but the cutting I got seems beyond help, but I've seen plants come back with no roots or leaves so..

Is this a poor cutting? Is it going to make it?

I got it into a pot ASAP with a mix of potting soil and perlite 5/1. got the soil wet then put a plastic bag over the pot to keep humitdity in.

Comments MOST welcome tonight.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (pic) [Re: Raedon]
    #1496586 - 04/26/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It may pull through......but you probably can do without placing a bag over the pot for humidity(why encourage more rot?)....at least at this point.....

Just pot it up and see what happens......

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (pic) [Re: DazedSol]
    #1496733 - 04/26/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well, is this a normal cutting?  I'm in the dark.. :frown:  It doesn't look like the live cuttings from grow guides. 

I must say I was expecting a potted plant as BBB's site says plant "from 6 to 10 inches tall" not a 6" stick cutting.. I've never had to deal with this sort of propegation before. 

InvisibleBigBlackNinja
7hoe7

Loc: CA
    #1496792 - 04/26/03 08:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it will pull through no problem, it looks green and healthy to me.

--------------------
"your gunna have a bankroll so big its gunna look like your pockets got the mumps" -the mack

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (pic) [Re: BigBlackNinja]
    #1496949 - 04/26/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know, I've seen dried plants look healthier.

I'll give it some time and if it doesn't make it I'll ask for a refund. I've done enough research to do what I can.

BBB is not a good sponser for the Shroomery.org. Just because they throw money your way doesn't mean you shouldn't be selective about who promotes this site with ads.

http://forums.ayahuasca.com/iB/ikonboard.cgi?s=3eab56c0416cffff;act=ST;f=13;t=88;st=0

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (p [Re: Raedon]
    #1496977 - 04/26/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

dude I'm pretty sure that's what salvia cuttings are, it'll be fine. It looks fine, it'll grow leaves and stuff. Just take good care of it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman420 (04/26/03 10:43 PM)

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (p [Re: gdman]
    #1497043 - 04/26/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It wasn't suppose to be a cutting, it was suppose to be a plant, like you get from online nurseries for $5.00 in 4" pots.

No way I would have spent $20 on a Salvia D. cutting.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1497072 - 04/26/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

maybe you should write them an email explaing what has happend. they have very good customer service, very nice people.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1497158 - 04/27/03 12:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yea its not the best cutting ive seen but it will probly make it. if it dies do what these guys are saying write them and tell them what happened. and get a refund of course. and that is what a rooted cutting is. its not gonna come in a pot. that wouldnt be safe for the plant if the pot shifted in transit and snapped the stem. keep us updated on the plant tho. i want to know if it will make. peace

blaze2

P.S. also diss BBB just because you didnt get what you THOUGHT you were getting doesnt mean they suck or are inferior. they have a great selection and pretty good prices.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflinekREATION1
kяедτιסи1

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (p [Re: blaze2]
    #1497325 - 04/27/03 03:02 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

20$ ? for a cutting that looks like that? what a ripp off

--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

Edited by kREATION1 (04/27/03 06:47 AM)

OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (p [Re: kREATION1]
    #1497383 - 04/27/03 04:00 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Cuttings should look like this (see link).

http://members.lycos.co.uk/salviaengland/cuttingframe.html

There is no need to remove leafs if the cutting is kept in a high humidity environment.

--------------------

Cactus

Edited by SalviaEngland (04/27/03 04:03 AM)

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1497883 - 04/27/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

First of all that cutting looks perfect. I dont understand what the problem is, its all green and alive looking. Just plant it, I think it'll do fine, secondly if it doesn't make it its not something BB did, salvia doesn't travel well, especially cuttings, they die alot of times going thru mail and temp change. Thirdly I just got to the point where I found out its not supost to be a cutting hehe. Just plant it and e-mail them if your disapointed, chances are all will go well. Its possible they sent you the wrong thing, I dunno, I never ordered a plant.

You shouldn't put BB down, they sent you what you ordered, you sound like your mad that they sent it to you a WHOLE 2 days early. If you wanted it faster you should order from someone over priced, you know you're enjoying that salvia gram right now :wink:

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (p [Re: DailyPot]
    #1497946 - 04/27/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The cutting is far from "perfect". You going to tell me O.J. Simpson isn't a murder next? and 2 days early is still 20 days from credit card charge to door which is just a step above a mail-in rebate.

I will say that all the other dry herbs and seeds came in great order.

I am going to request a refund on the Salvia "plant" Monday. I've had to many PM's saying not to put up with the poor cutting and the false advertising. We will see how they handle the complaint and request.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1497966 - 04/27/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well if they say wait 3 weeks for something and it gets there in less than 3 weeks whats the problem?

Maybe the cutting isn't perfect but it doesn't look like you should be fearing for its survival more than any other cutting.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1497994 - 04/27/03 01:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My question is, are there separated leaves sitting in the bottom fo the bag it came in? That would indicate that it didn't ship to well, if not then they sent you a stick with some leaf buds.

To save it, get some water and add some rooting hormone, let it root in the rooting hormone, it'll produce roots in 3 days and you'll be all set to plant it in soil.

I've never ordered salvia cuttings online before so i'm not sure what vendor cuttings look like, but that is quite a shit cutting compared to the cuttings that i have taken and sent out.

Take my advice on the hormone though, it'll produce roots quick and perhaps save your cutting.

OfflineRaedon
enthusiast

Re: Bouncing Bear Salvia plant, is this going to make it? (pic) [Re: neuro]
    #1498076 - 04/27/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What you see is what I got. A cutting with no roots and only a few leaves rapped in a damp newspaper. The only thing missing from the shot is another damp newspaper that covered the whole cutting and a large zip-lock.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1498225 - 04/27/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

damn, well try the hormone and see what happens. I'd suggest taking the stem to some water, making another cut, about 1/4 of an inch off the bottom then under water then placing it as quickly as possible in your rooting vessel with the hormone. See what happens

Don't forget about contacting BBB about it too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds