Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Just went to my 1st NA meeting today * 1
    #14904272 - 08/10/11 11:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm in a drug treatment program and part of it is to attend NA meetings. I swear I felt like Dave Chappel in half baked when I said I was in there for weed. I ended up talking about my sex addiction and the problems that it caused me in my life instead. All the people there were true addicts on meth or worse.
It was cool though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebeachedjesus
A bodypart of God
Male

Loc: there
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: Morican]
    #14904302 - 08/10/11 11:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That sucks. I went to rehab before. At the start of the day, they always wanted to know how you felt and just weird stuff, then sometimes we would watch Intervention. I sometimes wonder if Intervention tempts people to do drugs more than not. Anyway after like 7 weeks in rehab, I quit going and nothing really happened. The tests were easy to cheat if the person wasn't standing there staring at your wang.

--------------------
hi

Invisiblem00nshine
ÜBER SHAMAN
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BALLS DEEP
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: Morican] * 1
    #14904333 - 08/10/11 11:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I tried doing the whole meeting thing, but it just wasn't for me.

My main problem was Marijuana, also.

It's just that most of the people at those meetings had some pretty serious problems (addictions) that had caused them to steal and do other heinous stuff.

I never did any of that stuff so I felt out of place. (Read: Damn, what am I doing here with all these scumbags?)

I do realize they're bettering themselves, but still...

--------------------

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: beachedjesus]
    #14904345 - 08/10/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'm staying clean. Never had a problem quiting for long periods of time but yeah tests bare easy to pass for sure. I found a way to clear my system of pot in one days time, heck even just a couple nof hours I think. I'm just staying clean because I can't enjoy myself stressing over it, so it defeats he purpous of getting high which is enjoying your high.
It was funny when I told the people that I was there because a judge ordered me to attend because I admitted to smoking pot medicinally while in court for a case not drug related.
Heck the coucellor assigned to me agreed that I don't have a substance abuse issue but coundent excuse me from the program because the judge made it mandatory that I attend and even put in a claus that I be tested for alcohol even though I don't even drink.
I swear give a person power and they will abuse it, I guess.

Yup, that's how I felt. These people are junkies I'm a medicinal pot patient the smoked an 8th a month at most and don't even drink beer. Now I took up smoking cigaretttes because its a legal drug I can do and no judge can order me to quit.

Offlineachicknamedmory
Female

Loc: Portland, Or
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: Morican]
    #14904527 - 08/11/11 01:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I used to attend AA and NA with a family member out of support for them. Both myself and my family member agreed that NA and AA breed a certain type of people. Most of the time, people were just reliving their fuck ups over and over again and were angry at everyone in the world. It didn't seem to be a very therapeutic environment and just encouraged people to be codependent. I'm sure it works for some people, but if I ever had a major addiction problem, I probably wouldn't be turning to NA.

Invisibledrr
Female
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: beachedjesus]
    #14904672 - 08/11/11 02:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

beachedjesus said:
That sucks. I went to rehab before. At the start of the day, they always wanted to know how you felt and just weird stuff, then sometimes we would watch Intervention. I sometimes wonder if Intervention tempts people to do drugs more than not. Anyway after like 7 weeks in rehab, I quit going and nothing really happened. The tests were easy to cheat if the person wasn't standing there staring at your wang.

your signature is so freakin cute its ridiculous

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: achicknamedmory]
    #14904680 - 08/11/11 02:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

achicknamedmory said:
I used to attend AA and NA with a family member out of support for them. Both myself and my family member agreed that NA and AA breed a certain type of people. Most of the time, people were just reliving their fuck ups over and over again and were angry at everyone in the world. It didn't seem to be a very therapeutic environment and just encouraged people to be codependent. I'm sure it works for some people, but if I ever had a major addiction problem, I probably wouldn't be turning to NA.

It's depressing, I went for a while

Offlinecapnjack98
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East BumFuk
Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #14904795 - 08/11/11 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Quote:

achicknamedmory said:

It's depressing, I went for a while

I went for 3years and i fuckin hated it, but u know what it kept me sober. It was instramental in saving and giving me a great life.

About "reliving" oldshit or being "depressing" in meetings it really depends on how strong an how much sobriety ur area has. You gunna have a pianst try to tell you how to build a house? Theyve got no experiance at staying sober so therefore how they gunna help besides telling old warstories?

If you really want it "sobriety", seek out sombody in meetings that has exp. getting n staying sober and ask them how 2do it.

You going to get outta meetings what you put into um. Sit in a corner not sayin a word judgin other peoples stories? Ya not healthy.

My area has a very strong AA community ( NA works the same 12steps) and just here alone it has saved thousands of us, but its only gunna work if you work it. You can GO to AA/NA meetings 7days aweek. If you do not DO the program?:sparta:

--------------------
"If you always put limit on everything you do phsical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life.
There are no limits. There are only plateaus,and you must not stay there,you must go beyond them." 

~ Bruce Lee~

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just went to my 1st NA meeting today [Re: capnjack98]
    #14905247 - 08/11/11 08:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I was planning on going every day for as long as it took me to put in my required I think 30 something meeting, maybe more, not sure, have to ask my group cousellor. I agree that the majority of the people inb that meeting looked like they were still using, I overheard a couple of them talking about getting drunk and using, not sure what but probably Meth from the fact that they were gang member looking types aand one guy was actually drunk of his gord in the meeting.

I don't use any drugs other than my prescribed medicinal marijuana and that I won't be able to use until May of 2014. So I don't plan on getting anything out of these meetings other than getting them done to comply wih my probation. I already don't like the whole religious aspect of the literature. I actually offended some people because as I read aloud some stuff from this book they readb out of I refered to gods will as His or Her when the book actually just said his, some people grombled a bit.
This made me nervous but I was wanting to say its, given I don't know what a god might be if it even exists and don't feel it right to asume that it's either male or female.
I later spoke aloud, telling some of my experience with alcoholism just after my daughter died and I clarified that I'm not a particularly religious type but instead concider myself a spiritual person.
I'm sure I will get shanked soon and told Ndo you believe in god now?"... j/k

I don't wish to know anyones way of dealing with stuff but do believe that this same strength that can be found in the belief that a higher power is helping you, can be found with a little self confidence and belief in ones ability to overcome. I guess others aren't as full of themselves, I mean sure of themselves as I am.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order