Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
cactus question (loph)
    #1490089 - 04/24/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i do have a 2 year old seeling taht im tyring to get pumped up....i let him rest for the winter, but he doesnt seem to be taking the water. i am bottom watering him, but hes not getting fatter. i also took a llok at his roots, and they seemes to shrivel up a bit. do you have any words of wisdom for me?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: cactus question (loph) [Re: mile69]
    #1490848 - 04/24/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

what are you using for light? maybe give him some cactus fert. is he in cactus soil or just regular potting soil. cacti hat regular soil. someone alot more adept at cactus will answer this better than i can. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1490960 - 04/24/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

you let him rest how, not watering?
You should atleast water a little, like cut your watering schedule in half or even 1/3 of it's original growing schedule. Never not water.

He doesn't seem to be getting fatter how? From yesterday as apposed to today? Give him some sunlight and switch to a summer watering schedule and see what happens.

Oh yeah make sure you got cactus soil, and ifyou're bottom watering make sure the water is getting to the roots =) Water has a hard time travelling up cactus soil by capillary action.

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: cactus question (loph) [Re: neuro]
    #1491658 - 04/25/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

it is cactus soil...and i wasnt watering at all in the winter months. i read that this might damage the roots. would watering the cactus on top hurt it? i thought that this might cause some rotting problems. and what do you recomend as a "summer" watering,,,,,,,,ive read different reports. anywhere from once a week, to once a month. thanks for the reponses guys. i dont want the cactus to get sick. it just seems shrivelled up a bit. the coloring isnt off, and it looks heathly otherwise.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#1492834 - 04/25/03 11:09 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You should water in the winter (or dormant) months but just not as much. Perhaps once a month give it a drink, don't really need to give it any ferts though.

Bottom watering: You can bottom water or you can soak your pot (if it's clay) in some water so that the water level perhaps is a few inches from the base of your peyote. It will soak up from there and get to the roots.

Top watering: you can water this way, i do it this way. Give it a water and allow the water to soak in quickly and not leaving a any standing water on top, then add a little more and a little more, never allow it to just sit on the top and think it'll soak in, this is what causes rot.

Your cactus is shrivelled cause it's water starved. A summer watering schedule i was referring to as an active growth schedule, whatever it is that you were doing before.
I reccomend with loph's about once every two weeks or once every 10 days. For pedros i do it once a week.

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

Loc: SPaCE
    #1505371 - 04/29/03 05:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok i got one of my Lw's to sprout... it is small and is yellowish green.. should it be green? i have a small grow light above it but it doesnt put all that much light off.. should i move it a lil more over so it doesnt have much light, or would it need more if its yellow... info pleaze... jojoba. :smile:

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR MY HUGE TRADE LIST ~~ CLICK HERE
Looking For These Items
Various Plants and Seeds.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: cactus question (loph) [Re: jojoba]
    #1505402 - 04/29/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It wants some diffused light. Move it to a window with a thin shade or a place where it gets indirect light.

Do you have it on a heating pad?

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

#1505418 - 04/29/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yes i do.. i got it up in less than a week..!! should i take it off the heating pad now.. cuase its 5 seed in a small pod in a bag on a heating pad that stays around 80 to 90...the others have yet to sprout.. what should i do..? jojoba

--------------------
Looking For These Items

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Re: cactus question (loph) [Re: jojoba]
    #1505426 - 04/29/03 05:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

leave the heating pad on for quite some time, hopefully on a timer that mirrors day/night. When the soil starts looking dry give it a water with a mister or atomizer.

Invisiblejojoba
RockMoNsTa

#1505432 - 04/29/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ah thanx neuro.. good man.. would you check out the cactus ident page just above..? need some help on some trich's... jojoba :smile:

--------------------
Looking For These Items

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck