Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Flipping colonizing jars up-side-down
    #14861 - 04/28/00 09:50 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Ive heard that c02 is heaveir than o2. so i do exactly that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRu
    #14863 - 04/28/00 09:55 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Do you start colonizing them upsidedown with the tape off? Or do you flip them over at some point and take the tape off? (C02 is heavyer than O2 because it has an extra carbon attom)

Anonymous

#14864 - 04/30/00 07:52 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Don't take the tape off. I've already read a post about this. This will lead to contams. If you want the CO2 out then just loosen the lid slightly and turn upside down.

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #14865 - 04/30/00 08:25 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i'll have to disagree here. i never tape anymore. seems pointless. tape isn't going to stop anything that the verm layer won't.

'Don't take the tape off. I've already read a post about this'

Agent, is this why you say don't tape? because of the one post? in my opinion, flipping the jars is more likely to cause problems than just not taping the holes. when you flip them, the cake will drop, and they'll suck air into the jar. i guess the air is filtered through the verm, and the chances of anything bad happening as a result are low, but it's still a higher risk factor that taking the tape off. in my experience, the tape does nothing.

Link

------------------
How I wish that somewhere there existed an island for those who are wise and of good will.
-Albert Einstein

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#14866 - 04/29/00 10:34 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

hey, up near the top someone said CO2 was heavier than O2 cause it had an extra C atom. that's true, though entirely misleading. take water H2O. two hydrogen way less than one oxygen. but yet O2 is "lighter" than H2O. rather, O2 (and CO2) are less dense that H20, just as CO2 is more dense than O2, so it will sink to the bottom. it has nothing to do with the added molecular weight, or at least trying to compare it to the wieght of it is misleading. just wanted to go tell everyone that for some reason

------------------
http://www.sporemagic.com/

[This message has been edited by Joe Bong (edited April 30, 2000).]

Anonymous

#14867 - 05/02/00 06:44 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

actually, it does matter when comparing similar phases and temps.

for gases, the molecular weight is the only thing that matters. all volumes of gas 22.4L have the same number of molecules at STP. so, the heavier gasses go down. but, gasses also have a tendancy to mix almost completely. the higher concentrations move to areas of lower concentrations. so the oxygen will want to go out, and the co2 in. the air layer that is created is what speeds colonization.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom