Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sissy's Cooter, Alabama
why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin?
    #14804026 - 07/21/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just wondering if anyone might be able to tell me why it is I cant contemplate time or numbers when im trippin...? This only happens when im trippin really hard. When I am, I'll try to think "what time is it?" and I never get that answer, and even if a sober person told me, I wouldn't be able to even understand it...Its almost as if im turned into an animal, the only difference is I dont go around attacking shit and trying to eat it, and i dont shit and piss in the floor lol. But what Im sayin is animals have no sense of time, and definitely cant count...IDK, maybe im just nuts and that's just me trippin...? Do any of you experience the same thing? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Mr.FunGuy]
    #14804035 - 07/21/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:40 AM)

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Mr.FunGuy]
    #14804072 - 07/21/11 04:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If I'm having a good Level 4-5, I can look at my clock, and I swear by it, what seems like 1 or 2 hours will go by, and it's still the same time.

--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.

My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Earth Child]
    #14804154 - 07/21/11 04:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

LOL @ that pizza shit...SO TRUE...I was gonna give some examples like money, but figured you would get what I meant. at least im not crazy and that effect is shared. About the time goin slow thing...thats kinda different than what I was talkin about but is also soo true...I think its just cuz you have soo many thoughts and shit comin at you at once that it takes forever to process it all, therefore making time seem really slow...Just a thought...

InvisibleEarth Child

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Mr.FunGuy]
    #14804176 - 07/21/11 04:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
LOL @ that pizza shit...SO TRUE...I was gonna give some examples like money, but figured you would get what I meant. at least im not crazy and that effect is shared. About the time goin slow thing...thats kinda different than what I was talkin about but is also soo true...I think its just cuz you have soo many thoughts and shit comin at you at once that it takes forever to process it all, therefore making time seem really slow...Just a thought...

I feel what you're saying though man. I think it's because things like money and the man made concept of time ('o-clock) are so unnatural and illusions, ya know?

You're in touch with something deep.. a completely natural spiritual experience during a trip.. you know, like the true meaning of existence, and your body and mind just have no interest in dealing with things of that sort.

--------------------
Life is too short for this sorrow. You may be here today and gone tomorrow.

My Poetry · Stay Informed · Recipes · Nature Wants Us to Trip

Offlinetokinman21
Stranger

#14804201 - 07/21/11 04:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean...sometimes I can even do numbers, but then as soon as I relate them with time all comprehension goes out the window.  This is a roughly translated internal dialogue from the other day, tripping on 3 hits:

Quote:

Okay how long have I been tripping? I started at 1:45.  It's now...umm...I think that says 4:00.  So that's like...fuck.  Okay let's make it 2:00.  2:00-4:00 is..uhmm...okay, so 4-2 is 2.  Shit, but what does that have to do with the time?  Oh yeah its the same as if you just use numbers.  Okay so I've been tripping...uhmmm....like two hours.

Lol...this was a serious dilemma at the time.  I'm pretty sure it took me several minutes to get it worked out.

:rofl:

Edited by tokinman21 (07/21/11 04:45 PM)

OfflineMr.FunGuy
Back at it..
Male User Gallery

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: tokinman21]
    #14804349 - 07/21/11 05:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well my vision gets SOOOO fuckin blurry, I could only read the time on a flavor flav clock lol...hell, it would probably take big ben for my googly eyed ass to read it....the main reason I say this is cuz Im always tryin too look at my cell phone screen and see the time...IMPOSSIBLE..I'll be tryin to hold that shit far as I can away from my face lol..good shit tho..fuck time

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#14804477 - 07/21/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You become semi-retarded on these drugs.  It's not just numbers and time that become distorted concepts, its all of your thought processes.  The real bitch rears her ugly head when you mistake your befuddled and nonsensical thoughts for novel and significant findings.  Separating the shit from shinola is quite a monumental task for some, even when the trip wears off.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleMacavity224
Ubermensch
 User Gallery

#14804965 - 07/21/11 07:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
well my vision gets SOOOO fuckin blurry, I could only read the time on a flavor flav clock lol

This is when you know you're :trippnballs:

--------------------
"O my soul, I taught you to say "Today" as well as "Once" and "Formerly," and to dance your dance over every here and there and yonder."

:trippnballs:

Everything I post here is not true. Do not believe a single word of it.

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Macavity224]
    #14805145 - 07/21/11 07:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:40 AM)

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #14805209 - 07/21/11 08:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have the same problem... time distortion is very common on psychedelics.

I've had a few heart jolting moments on high doses when I looked at the clock, looked away, experienced a thought that seemed to last for eternity, looked back at the clock and realized only one minute had gone by. Then the realization hits that I dosed an hour ago and I still have a loooooooong trip ahead of me.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Subconscious]
    #14805227 - 07/21/11 08:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Time exists because of perception.

Drugs change perception.

NEXT

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Joolz]
    #14805275 - 07/21/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:

Drugs change perception.

NEXT

I disagree.

Time is relative to an individuals perception, but the individuals perception isn't what causes time to "exist" in the first place.

NEXT

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Joolz]
    #14805321 - 07/21/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:

Drugs change perception.

NEXT

Short and sweet.  I'd say you solved this case with impressive clarity and brevity.  You're going places, son.

@subconscious, the drugs distorted the perception of time from his typical consensus reality standpoint.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: joemolloy]
    #14805365 - 07/21/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Time only exists because we have a little clock in our head that goes "tick, tick, tick". Luckily, our brains are smart enough to find that the "tick" in our head also lines up with the planets moving, which causes days and seasons and the whole calender and "time" as we have it today.

Time definitely only exists because we perceive it though. We, as humans, define everything. So we of course are going to define the planets and stars and day and night and the difference between one moment in history and another. So, we developed the clock.

Then you take the drugs and it all means nothing. Bahahahahhaah! YES PLEASE.

--------------------

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#14805475 - 07/21/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
Time only exists because we have a little clock in our head that goes "tick, tick, tick". Luckily, our brains are smart enough to find that the "tick" in our head also lines up with the planets moving, which causes days and seasons and the whole calender and "time" as we have it today.

Time definitely only exists because we perceive it though. We, as humans, define everything. So we of course are going to define the planets and stars and day and night and the difference between one moment in history and another. So, we developed the clock.

We developed the clock as a futile way of measuring time. I agree time is an amorphous, strange thing... but I believe it is still something that exists outside of our perception.

Things happen in a certain order... if I die today, I personally will stop perceiving time, but all evidence suggests that the world is going to continue moving forward.

Evidence suggests that things happened on earth millions of years before I was even born, therefor time was in existence before I ever perceived it.

I understand what you're trying to say... and I agree to a certain extent. But time is a "real" thing, even if human perception of it may be very wonky to say the least.

OfflineJoolz
Male

Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Subconscious]
    #14805490 - 07/21/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Eh, I guess, but at the same time something was there to perceive time, so time existed. Time exists in everyone's mind, just understand that its in your brain as a little clock that ticks along. Yes, things happen before and after our lifetime, but there is also something there perceiving time, whether it was human or not.

So I guess we can agree on it technically existing but not existing? Idk, whatever.

Fuck it.

--------------------

OfflineRacinette
Stranger
 User Gallery

#14805901 - 07/21/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Subconscious said:
Quote:

Joolz said:

We developed the clock as a futile way of measuring time. I agree time is an amorphous, strange thing... but I believe it is still something that exists outside of our perception.

Things happen in a certain order... if I die today, I personally will stop perceiving time, but all evidence suggests that the world is going to continue moving forward.

Evidence suggests that things happened on earth millions of years before I was even born, therefor time was in existence before I ever perceived it.

I understand what you're trying to say... and I agree to a certain extent. But time is a "real" thing, even if human perception of it may be very wonky to say the least.

Ok,so his point still stands really. Time doesn't exist because of perception, but it's our only way of experiencing it, and because these drugs alter perception, your experience of time will also be altered.

Also, this " Things happen in a certain order... if I die today, I personally will stop perceiving time, but all evidence suggests that the world is going to continue moving forward. " is not really a good argument because it's basically blind assumption.

NEXT

--------------------

OfflinePOV
Aquatic Patterns
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: why is it I cant contemplate time or anything with numbers when I'm trippin? [Re: Racinette]
    #14805950 - 07/21/11 10:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I believe time is something far beyond human logic. I don't think we'll truly ever understand time.

--------------------
Love, Sincerity, Desire...

"If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth."

"I am totally impressed with you people... Seriously, we live on a planet where we're very crammed together and I think we do really well. It's just when we watch the news and we watch entertainment... it's about peoples' conflicts tied together in the most exciting possible way."

OfflineDanner16
space monkey
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario Flag
    #14807123 - 07/22/11 06:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr.FunGuy said:
But what Im sayin is animals have no sense of time, and definitely cant count

Yes, they do and yes they can. First off if you ever had a dog and have given him food on a regular schedule he will expect his food at that time and he will wine if your late. The same can be said if you walk him at certain times. Now dolphins and monkeys have been trained to count and even do basic math as well as various other things. Don't make preposterous statements about the intelligence of animals because you obviously have no idea what your talking about.

--------------------
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order