Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Do aborts have more psilocybin??
    #1469877 - 04/18/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

By weight Do aborts have more psilocybin than a mushroom picked right before veil break? Where does the theorey that the aborts are more potent than their big brothers come from? Also On the dosage calculator it says that if you take a MAOI your dosage is cut in half...What are some MAOI's? Is choclate a strong enough MAOI to make you trip off 1/2 of your normal dose?? Thanks Alot

Edited by resin (04/18/03 10:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: resin]
    #1469887 - 04/18/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

aborts are indeed more potent. i don't know why.

most MAOI's are Rx drugs. syrian rue is an herb that can be ordered online and used as an MAOI. definitely do some research on MAOI's first though. they're heavy stuff... can cause fatal reactions with certain foods, greatly intensify the effects of mushrooms, etc.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #1470018 - 04/18/03 10:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The potency of a mushroom increases over time as well as the size of the mushroom. But they do not remain proportional to each other. Why this is, and this is my own theory: Since the chemical is ment to ward off animals from eating it in the first place, I believe that when just pinning it creates much psilocybin in order for it not too seem tastful choice to eat, especially for smaller animals. When it then becomes more mature, it already has enough for it not too seem a good choice to eat. I dont know if that made any sense but I drew a graph of what it might look like.

Also with the MAOI's, definately what mushmaster said, be careful. Also, its not the same kinda of trip so just to make you aware.

Anonymous

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1470069 - 04/18/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Since the chemical is ment to ward off animals from eating it in the first place

i don't think that's why it's there. if it is... it sure doesn't seem to be doing a good job  :wink:

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: ]
    #1470084 - 04/18/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

HAHAHAHAH

yes....its certainly not warding me away

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1470098 - 04/18/03 11:04 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats kindawhat I was thinking. So at the pinning stage it has the most psilocybin per gram, and after veil break it has the least psilocybin per gram? How much potency are we talking about here? Is it a subtile difference like substrate or humidity would cause?

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1470102 - 04/18/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, well we eat some fucked up shit. I mean look at us back in the cannibalism days.. yum yum. Plus I think humans would eat just about anything to get "fucked up".. for a variety of reasons. We are the only being that does this cuz we have nothing better to do. I mean, who else would drink gallons of water to flood their electrolytes? Sometimes I question why the human race is still alive.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

#1470130 - 04/18/03 11:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well you can't say that after the veil break it has the least/gram while at pinning it has the most/gram. I don't think any one has done a thurough investigation of potency at various stages. Most ppl just end up having mature mushrooms and aborts. Therefore, have come to the generalization that aborts are more potent/gram than mature shrooms are.

What do you mean by, "How much potency are we talking about here?" Potency difference? I don't know, but definately significant to be able to tell.

I have heard various things about substrate effecting potency, which I believe to be true, but am not sure which substrate is better than another. As for humidity, it should not effect potency to much, more so at which the speed a mushroom grows which is more effected by temperature. imo

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
    #1470230 - 04/18/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Since the chemical is ment to ward off animals from eating it in the first place

i don't think that's why it's there. if it is... it sure doesn't seem to be doing a good job  :wink: 

I don't know man... if I was a fuckin goat and I walked by, ate some shrooms, and fuckin lost my mind for six hours I'd think twice about doing it again.

On topic, however, I think aborts are potent as fuck because my bro and I shared a 20 bag the only time I've shroomed, and he got to eat the little weird thing I now know of as an abort, and he tripped and I didn't.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1470294 - 04/18/03 12:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know man... if I was a fuckin goat and I walked by, ate some shrooms, and fuckin lost my mind for six hours I'd think twice about doing it again.

And, if the herbavore wasn't smart enough to make the association, he'd soon fall prey to the cougar that was hiding behind the suddenly colorful and prismatic, dancing rocks :smile: 

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

OfflineJunoCycle
journeyman
    #1470328 - 04/18/03 12:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Plus I think humans would eat just about anything to get "fucked up".. for a variety of reasons. We are the only being that does this cuz we have nothing better to do.

.........no... many different species use different things to get high... cats use catnip.... certain monkeys and elephants in Africa it a rotting fruit that cause a euphoric state for them..... (natural)drugs are here for a reason!!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1470339 - 04/18/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

aborts are more potent because they have stunted in size, they produce the same amount of Psilocibin but becasue they are within a smaller fruit they give the appearance of increased potency. Potency is directly related to growing conditions and substrates used, a lot of people also think that strain has a big difference, well, if you grow B+ on dung and straw beleive me, you'll be smiling.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: soochi]
    #1472218 - 04/19/03 12:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

All I fucts with is WBS,Dung, And Rubbermaids.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

#1472365 - 04/19/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

cats use catnip... lol something humans feed it. and I know animals use natural remidies.. but usually not to get f*ckin f*cked the f*ck up if you know what I mean.

"aborts are more potent because they have stunted in size, they produce the same amount of Psilocibin but becasue they are within a smaller fruit they give the appearance of increased potency"

not true.. mature fruits are more potent than aborts.. just not by weight.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: soochi]
    #1472546 - 04/19/03 03:10 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

> they produce the same amount of Psilocibin but because they are within a
>smaller fruit they give the appearance of increased potency

The person has yet to show up to deliver any scientific proof for this claim.

Offlineministry
Networkn' Guru

Loc: Chattavegas
Re: Do aborts have more psilocybin?? [Re: Anno]
    #1472837 - 04/19/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

another approach is to consider energy consumed relitve to Psilocibin content. One logic to harvisting fruit before it begins sporlation (sp) is so that the fuel isn't burnt on a non psilocibin enhancing cycle of the mushroom.

Could it be more beneficial to create an environment that encourages aborts so that higher Psilocibin content by weight is achieved consistantly?

Anonymous

#1472911 - 04/19/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

not true.. mature fruits are more potent than aborts.. just not by weight.

potency IS by weight.

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

#1473020 - 04/19/03 11:18 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Anno, Could you en-expensively do a test on aborts and mature fruits to see by weight which has more psilocybin?

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

#1473027 - 04/19/03 11:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

potency can be considered by mass or quantity of fruits as well.

Even if potency is universely considered by weight, I never said the potency of a mature mushroom is greater than of an abort, because that would then be incorrect. I said a mature fruit is more potent than an abort.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1473124 - 04/19/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>Could you en-expensively do a test on aborts and mature fruits to see by weight
>which has more psilocybin?

I?d be glad to know.

The only thing that comes to my mind is

1. by consuming it and comparing the efects (rather unreliable)
2. by this: The_Measure_of_the_Mushroom

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom