Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying
    #14690266 - 06/29/11 05:38 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, today I bought my first bag of mushrooms off of one of my friend's brothers.

Now, I've always wanted to try mushrooms and this will be my first trip. So I went into the city and got these today, and I was feeling really good about it. I came home and posted on my other drug forum and some pics of them and they said that they looked strange. Then they all started talking about how the could be poisonous and what kind they were.

I started to get afraid, now I don't really want to try them at all. I asked the guy who sold them to me and he said they were Blue Meanies. Well they sure as hell don't look like it to me and I'm getting sus.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, and I only just got here so sorry if I've broken any rules. Here are the pictures I took

Again sorry if this is in the wrong place.

--------------------
Nope.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Humanoid]
    #14690271 - 06/29/11 05:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Are they fresh or dry?
If fresh get them out of that bag immediately.

Check them for blue bruising. I think I can see blue in the second pic.
If you're still skeptical and they're fresh, try and get a spore print.

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Nevermind]
    #14690307 - 06/29/11 06:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

They're dry my friend, and there is a little bit of blue on the stem
Also how would I go about doing that

--------------------
Nope.

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Nevermind]
    #14690314 - 06/29/11 06:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

They're deinitely not Pan.Cyans which is what people usually refer to when they say 'blue meanies'. But people (especially in Australia I find) throw around all sorts of names.

It definietly looks like there is bluing and they do look a bit like subs, however mushrooms are hard to identify when they are dried and there is no guarantee that there isn't a dangerous look-a-like hidden in that big bag.

If I was you I would wait for a TI. If they gave the OK then I would check every single one for bluing. A magnifying glass comes in handy when you want to be extra confident.

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Humanoid]
    #14690317 - 06/29/11 06:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Once they are dry, it is much harder to tell what they are.
My guess is that you are an Aussie/Kiwi? My best bet would be to see what help can be offered to you in the hunting and identification thread and check if they are subs.
If you do end up in doubt though, chuck 'em out!
:heart:

--------------------

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

#14690324 - 06/29/11 06:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If they're dry they should be cracker dry.. meaning they will snap or crumble when bent. If they don't snap they still have some moisture and need to be fried further.
You won't have much luck printing a dried mushroom.

If they are active they would most likely be Psilocybe Subaeruginosa.

Can you post any more pictures or information?

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: InvisibleHunter]
    #14690327 - 06/29/11 06:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

what exactly is a TI, you're going to have to explain everything sorry :frown:

--------------------
Nope.

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Fronnis]
    #14690337 - 06/29/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah I am an Aussie, thanks I'll get onto that

I'm just really worried that these aren't legit and I'll hurt myself. Someone suggest I take a little nibble and wait a couple hours, and if I get sick they're not good for me.

And to ben, yeah they're dry but they don't crack or anything, they're just dried out, but not that much

--------------------
Nope.

Edited by Humanoid (06/29/11 06:21 AM)

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

#14690340 - 06/29/11 06:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

TI = Trusted Indentifier.

You will have more like submitting this post in the hunting and identification forum

EDIT: I wouldn't suggest nibbling on any just yet.

Edited by Nevermind (06/29/11 06:22 AM)

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

#14690344 - 06/29/11 06:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, thanks a lot, I'm copy pasting the OP and putting it in there

Thanks guys, if you want I could take some better photos

--------------------
Nope.

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

#14690348 - 06/29/11 06:23 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, try and get more photos.
Especially of the gills and any blue bruising on the mushrooms.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#14690351 - 06/29/11 06:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Despite the fact a lot of mushrooms are poisonous, only a handful can actually kill. These definitely don't look like deadly amanitas so I'd probably chow them down. You're doing the right thing trying to get them properly ID'd though :grin:

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Dawks]
    #14690356 - 06/29/11 06:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Ben, noted dude. Where exactly is the blue bruising, I can't see it, is it on the cap or the stems or what? Sorry if I see like an asshole, I'm new to this

Dawks, that took a huge load of my mind. Thanks a lot bro, I mean that

--------------------
Nope.

InvisibleLeopardMan
Constantly changing
Male

Loc: A tree house
    #14690376 - 06/29/11 06:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Those are not pans nor cubies IMO. You need a trusted identifier. Don't eat them.

--------------------

You have to die a few times before you can really live.

-Charles Bukowski-

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: LeopardMan]
    #14690388 - 06/29/11 06:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

which means?

--------------------
Nope.

OfflineInvisibleHunter
Stranger

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Dawks]
    #14690404 - 06/29/11 06:46 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Despite the fact a lot of mushrooms are poisonous, only a handful can actually kill. These definitely don't look like deadly amanitas so I'd probably chow them down. You're doing the right thing trying to get them properly ID'd though :grin:

Not amanitas, but there could be a Galerina hidden in that bag. The person that picked them and sold them is obviously a bit careless as they ripped the mushrooms straight out of the ground and then sold them semi-dry (although that could have been done to rip the OP off).

Invisibleawakendone
Male User Gallery

#14690411 - 06/29/11 06:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Humanoid said:
And to ben, yeah they're dry but they don't crack or anything, they're just dried out, but not that much

regarldess of what they are, because IDK :shrug:
they are going to rot if you keep them in that bag!

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

#14690416 - 06/29/11 06:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

That they are not usually domestically grown and because of that, it would be less likely for members in this site to be able to help you with identification due to experience. Most of us grow rather than pick, so many of us don't have much knowledge of wild and tropical active mushrooms.
The hunting and ID part of the forum has many Aussies and Kiwis about (this time of the year because it's the right season for them to pick), that would be more than happy to help you. :heart:

--------------------

OfflineHumanoid
Freak

Re: Australia/NZ shrooms - Afraid that the shrooms I bought are dangerous/need some help identifying [Re: Fronnis]
    #14690427 - 06/29/11 06:56 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How could I dry them then?

--------------------
Nope.

InvisibleNevermind
Male User Gallery

#14690441 - 06/29/11 07:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

In front of a fan for 24 hours. Or in a fan forced oven at 30 degrees c with the door open for 6 hours.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract