Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here * 1
    #14686379 - 06/28/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hello, I live in Eastern Washington. I've been tripping for over 7 years now and have fried in a lot of locations.

Aside from the beauty and power of 12 foot waves ripping in the ocean in Astoria, Oregon nothing beats right here in my home state of Washington.

If I have to trip indoors I'll do it but if given the choice I'd rather hit one of the many camping spots I have around here and enjoy nature and beauty at its finest.

I really feel sorry for anyone who has to spend every trip in town or who thinks central park is getting out into nature. 4 wheeling through mud and on hunting trails up to a remote part of the woods is unbeatable. Setting up camp getting stuff ready for a fire ahead of time and unloading the cooler and pulling out some cold ones.

Then it's time to ingest an 1/8th and enjoy some of the best natural surroundings known to man.

Beatiful scenery, natural rock slides and more good company and food than I could ask for. I never want to leave the PNW not in a million years.

If you ever get the chance come enjoy what the PNW has to offer.

Edited by VaeVictum (06/29/11 01:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14686385 - 06/28/11 01:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

NIce. I hope I get accepted to med school in Oregon , too bad I have no shot at Washington (they favor their own residents and I'm from Cali)

:cookiemonster:

--------------------
:sun:

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14686404 - 06/28/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ComaDivine said:
NIce. I hope I get accepted to med school in Oregon , too bad I have no shot at Washington (they favor their own residents and I'm from Cali)

:cookiemonster:

Haha no offense but there's a lot of mindsets like that in Washington. Zoning laws in the beautiful farm land around here have been moved from 10 acre minimum's for property down to 2 so all the Californian's can take our state over.

Not on my watch.  :minigun:

Best of luck getting into Oregon though bro!

Invisiblewaves

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: VaeVictum]
    #14686425 - 06/28/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the rain doesn't bother you? that is the only complaint I have heard about the PNW

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: waves]
    #14686455 - 06/28/11 01:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheDukeofLizards said:
the rain doesn't bother you? that is the only complaint I have heard about the PNW

Depends on where you live. In the top 3/4 of the coastal ridge of Oregon up to Seattle it gets rain all the time because of the climate and being next to the ocean is going to produce lots of rain.

Here in Eastern Washington however we just get all 4 seasons and it's quite enjoyable. Winter can suck and winter can be non existent some years. 2 years ago my parents had a fridge out behind their house that crapped out on them their snow fall after a week ended up covering the ground to the top of the fridge. This last year we had no more than 3-4 inches at any given time.

I'd rather be rained on 24/7 than live in Arizona in 90 degree weather during May.

Like I said though it really all boils down to location. Seattle has been proven to have depression problems because of rain alone. Mind of matter is my opinion on your question though.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that Oregon is picking spot #1 when it comes to azurescens because of its climate which are regarded as being one of the best Psilocybe mushroom there is.

Invisiblewaves

#14686532 - 06/28/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Right on.

I'd love to live in the PNW.

Arizona is nice too though. In Flagstaff they still get SNOW in may. I would definitely never want to live in Phoenix though.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: waves]
    #14686545 - 06/28/11 02:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheDukeofLizards said:
Right on.

I'd love to live in the PNW.

Arizona is nice too though. In Flagstaff they still get SNOW in may. I would definitely never want to live in Phoenix though.

I've spent a lot of time in Phoenix but that's it for Arizona unfortunately. Seen lots of Nevada too but I just get sick of deserts at a certain point :P I'll need to try to go to a enjoyable place next time.

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

#14686963 - 06/28/11 03:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention that Oregon is picking spot #1 when it comes to azurescens because of its climate which are regarded as being one of the best Psilocybe mushroom there is.

:mushroom2: :awetrippie:

The farthest north I've been on the Pacific coast is a place called Sea Ranch. I liked it there and I bet I would enjoy going even farther up there

A new frontier  :c0sm0:

--------------------

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: ComaDivine]
    #14687501 - 06/28/11 05:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I LOVE the fucking PNW. I live in Gig Harbor right now. Lets plan a trip or Cyan hunt some time!

Also, it really doesnt rain that much. I think it's more a case of Washingtonions spreading outlandish rumours to keep Californians and the like out, lol.

And the rain doesnt really depress, it just makes it easier to feel that way if you're inclined to it. IT's just water falling from the sky, whats so sad?

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: Azure Essence]
    #14687645 - 06/28/11 06:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Lived all over the US but prefer the PNW. Temperate climate, good mushrooms, ok fishing, hiking and scenic beauty up the ass... Can wear socks and sandals!

Seattle has less rain than NYC, Atlanta, etc... It's not the rain, but the gray... But the spring, summer and fall make up for it.

Hunted liberty caps, cyan, Pells... Pells are funny... Find a good place, pick pounds.... This spring, picked 15 lbs of morels, 20 lbs of oyster mushrooms, just starting on boletes...

Three national parks, thousands of acres of national forest, state forest, wilderness area... Long coast line... Good wineries, vibrant art scene, music Mecca, liberal views (in Seattle)

I agree... PNW rocks!

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #14687684 - 06/28/11 06:12 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:48 AM)

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: HarryL]
    #14689759 - 06/29/11 01:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ComaDivine said:
:mushroom2: :awetrippie:

The farthest north I've been on the Pacific coast is a place called Sea Ranch. I liked it there and I bet I would enjoy going even farther up there

A new frontier  :c0sm0:

I tell everyone who is interested in seeing a lot in a good amount of time to just set aside 5 days or a week and drive up the coast. Get a good rental or drive your own gas mileage is the only factor. I personally love hitting up any KoA campground you come across because they are cheap have good showers and are very very clean and I've never had a complaint.

I do this trip every year on about $500. High points are primarily in Oregon. Seaside, Tillamook, Astoria, Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Depoe Bay, Gearhart I literally could go on all day about these gems.

Quote:

Azure Essence said:
I LOVE the fucking PNW. I live in Gig Harbor right now. Lets plan a trip or Cyan hunt some time!

Man you're way over by Tacoma! It'd be crazy fun though to get together and do either of those. Maybe I can hit you up prior to my trip down through Oregon and back this summer. :headbang3:

Quote:

HarryL said:
I agree... PNW rocks!

:dancer: :whathesaid:

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

#14690099 - 06/29/11 03:31 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Are/Did you apply at OHSU?  My wife might end up going there.  I would rather she got into a school in California though.  I hate the weather in the PNW.  It rains 9 months straight.  In fact it is raining right now outside my window.  Although, I have to admit it is cool to trip on a nice day when everything is wet from rain.  Everything looks super cool and shiny on shrooms.

I hope I get into California too heh, but yes I did apply to OHSU. I'm in the beginning of the process (should be a few months before I know where I'm going)

Quote:

I tell everyone who is interested in seeing a lot in a good amount of time to just set aside 5 days or a week and drive up the coast. Get a good rental or drive your own gas mileage is the only factor. I personally love hitting up any KoA campground you come across because they are cheap have good showers and are very very clean and I've never had a complaint.

I do this trip every year on about $500. High points are primarily in Oregon. Seaside, Tillamook, Astoria, Cannon Beach, Lincoln City, Depoe Bay, Gearhart I literally could go on all day about these gems.

Sweet thanks for the advice!

--------------------

OfflineJoolz
Male

#14690108 - 06/29/11 03:37 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I want to move to that part of the country. If I'm not mistaken, Washington and Oregon are forward thinking states on marijuana, aren't they?

--------------------
Prohibition didn't work for God; Eve ate the fruit.

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
    #14690147 - 06/29/11 04:19 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

VaeVictum said:I'd rather be rained on 24/7 than live in Arizona in 90 degree weather during May.

I took my first trip to the Pacific Northwest (Portland, Corvalis) this year and enjoyed it thoroughly. As an 11-year resident of Arizona, however, I feel I'd miss the sun if I were to live there. It's sunny every single day here--the exposure renders people blissfully abject to it.

Desert people worship the rain quite differently :sunny:

Edited by Glayvin (06/29/11 04:23 AM)

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: Glayvin]
    #14690645 - 06/29/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I live on the northern east coast and we also have some amazing scenary.

I'll post pics later.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: Joolz]
    #14690666 - 06/29/11 08:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Joolz said:
I want to move to that part of the country. If I'm not mistaken, Washington and Oregon are forward thinking states on marijuana, aren't they?

Portland, Oregon is like Seattle but substitute all the yuppies for hippies. The scene there is awesome for music/food/drugs. In my city we had over 30 dispensaries pop up over a few months and they pulled the same DEA shit they pull everywhere else.

But I suppose you can say we are forward thinking states on that topic.

InvisibleVaeVictum
Sativa Cyborg

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: Subconscious]
    #14690713 - 06/29/11 08:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Glayvin said:
Desert people worship the rain quite differently :sunny:

Haha, I do mean no offense to residents of Arizona with my statement as I understand there is beauty to be had in every state (except for Illinois and North Dakota).

Not to mention how jealous I am of not living in Phoenix in 1997.  :aliendance: 

Quote:

Subconscious said:
I live on the northern east coast and we also have some amazing scenery.
I'll post pics later.

Please do, I love the NE a lot but still have a passion for my home. I lived in Maine up north of Portland around Sebago Lake for a year and will admit Maine sunsets are by far the best I've seen to this date.

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #14691800 - 06/29/11 01:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 04:49 AM)

OfflineGaneshNoIgnorance
remover of ignorance
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin trips and your set. Pacific Northwest and why I love it here [Re: Johnny Depp]
    #14692261 - 06/29/11 03:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I live in Seattle, but am originally from the backwoods of Michigan, man I miss nature...

--------------------
"I have come to tell you that you are free. Many ages ago, My consciousness left man, that he might develop himself. I return to find this development approaching completion, but hindered by fear and by misunderstanding.

You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun.
I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free."

HAIL ERIS!
ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag