Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offline555a
Stranger
Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated.
    #14647840 - 06/21/11 11:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I know, bitching about my problems to the internet isn't going to help, but just let me vent.

Long story short; Over the past year or so, I built up a nasty addiction to xanax and klonopin. It got to the point where if I didn't have them, I would start having seizures and lose touch with reality, just really nasty unexplainable shit.

"This" started a couple months ago, Ive been on this really fucked up "taper" where I basically go as long as I can, normally 3-4 days, then take a small dose.

I haven't had a benzo for 6 days now, it feels like my fucking brain is bleeding, signing up this account and typing was pretty damn hard, my fucking body wont stop shaking, my head keeps twitching, I feel like im going to fucking explode.

Enough of the whining, things are going way better then they where a month ago.

Im looking for any and all advice someone could give me to "heal" quicker. Ive been taking kava kava, dont know if I should stop that or what.

Ive felt pretty damn helpless, Ive just been completely consumed by fear, just extreme fucking terror.

Ill stop typing now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: 555a]
    #14648164 - 06/21/11 12:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dont do that.

Do not go 3-4 days then take a small dose. That is not the proper way to ween off a drug.

IF you  took, say, 3mg a day for 2 months then you should lower it to 2 mg a day for a month, then 1mg a day for another month, then lastly .5 mg a day for maybe half a month.

Keep taking them. The point is to lower your dose and have a plan. Get a calender and mark out how much you will be taking and how long.

Be safe. You can do it.

OfflineSeniorCoolo
Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: XUL]
    #14651351 - 06/21/11 10:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

XUL said:
Dont do that.

Do not go 3-4 days then take a small dose. That is not the proper way to ween off a drug.

IF you  took, say, 3mg a day for 2 months then you should lower it to 2 mg a day for a month, then 1mg a day for another month, then lastly .5 mg a day for maybe half a month.

Keep taking them. The point is to lower your dose and have a plan. Get a calender and mark out how much you will be taking and how long.

Be safe. You can do it.

Yea this is what's up. When I tapered off benzos I wouldn't drop the dose shorter than every 2 weeks, and that was towards the end. usually it was a monthly thing. Taking them as you are puts a lot of undue stress on your body. You just have to find the amount that keeps the withdrawal effects away, then slowly taper off from that. I was tapering off xanax and had scheduled twice daily dosing religiously for months. If I deviated it would cause the unbearable side effects you describe. Following a set schedule made it slightly more bearable.

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: SeniorCoolo]
    #14651443 - 06/21/11 10:46 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I think XUL has a great point, however you must commit to sticking with the routine And not fall off the wagon. Tapering down like that can take months as he suggested which gives plenty of time to give up. I have faith you can do it but you just need to make a plan and stick with it! Your doing this for yourself and a better quality of life.

Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: don_vedo]
    #14653353 - 06/22/11 10:46 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

> I think XUL has a great point

Not only does he have a great point, but it can be very dangerous to go cold turkey on benzo's. The only proper way to end the habit is to taper off.  It is probably best to work with a doctor... a benzo addiction is not something to play lightly with.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedon_vedo
MerKaBa
Male

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: Seuss]
    #14654083 - 06/22/11 01:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
It is probably best to work with a doctor... a benzo addiction is not something to play lightly with.

:thumbup: great advice, probably the smartest route to take.

Lah'Kesh

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us all. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: Benzo withdrawals, advice/suggestions appreciated. [Re: don_vedo]
    #14654884 - 06/22/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i second speaking with your doc about slowly weaning yourself off. i have low dose dependency to benzos b/c i'm prescribed them in order to help me sleep and i know that feel bro. while you're weaning off of the scripts, you may want to look into learning how to extract magnolia bark and make it into a tincture. i could help with withdrawals. i've tried the extract once along with some mulungu bark in a capsule, and it seemed to give me similar effects that klonopin did.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order