Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
OK cupid!!!
    #14629599 - 06/17/11 06:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

It seems that some of you have a lot of luck with this site! Enough that it convinced me to sign up! Any tips on getting more success??? Do you message the chicks first? do any message you first? I basically just messaged handful of chicks in my area to see what happens... I feel that once I put my picture on there, Ill be getting a lot of hits... Im just not good with that personal info stuff!!! Im not good at describing myself or my hobbies!

So lets here some success stories and what you think caused them to be a success!

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: danlennon3] * 1
    #14630053 - 06/17/11 07:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Just look at a ton of profiles. it'll show in their 'recently visited' section and they'll start checking you out.

Between okcupid and plentyoffish, i never spend a weekend in my own bed. it's :awesome:

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

InvisibleDarkMatterOfFact
ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Cali
Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: automan]
    #14630089 - 06/17/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

im interested in starting a account on these too.

would it be a bad idea? considering i totaled my car a few months ago and i cant drive for a few months.

--------------------

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Which secretly stands for Demonizing Everyone by Allegations.

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#14630094 - 06/17/11 08:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

are you kidding?  I was on that site for like a year and met 2 people, neither of whom was ever considered for anything romantic. 

I'm ugly and have a bad personality though.

I pretty much never got responses, and only one girl ever messaged me first.  She was actually a pretty cute stoner chick.  She gave me her aim and stuff, and after chatting for like 45 seconds i was like, yeah i don't like to be around people smoking weed, and that just ended right there. 

--------------------

Offlineguywiththegun
Shroom Chewer/Beer Brewer
Male User Gallery

#14630097 - 06/17/11 08:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OKCupid has gotten me two pretty decent dates, and I've talked to a lot of girls through it.

A few tips, because I've actually been blogging about my online dating experience, I'll post the URL once I get 'em all posted up, but here's some rules of thumb:

-Say nothing negative on your profile. Don't say you hate your job, don't say you're usually bored, don't say any of that shit. Positive, happy stuff only.
-Message girls first. Even the ultra-feminist I took out a while back wasn't messaging men, she didn't want to date anyone who didn't have the balls to say hi.
-Don't send fucking one or two word messages. Say hello, say a bit about yourself, and make a reference to something you have in common. Be upbeat and funny, but not too long winded. I usually have a paragraph about myself and a paragraph asking some questions.
-Hit it off in messages before you ask for a date. A lot of my potentials have kinda faltered after getting to know them through messaging, meaning I didn't have to sit through an awkward date listening to them ramble about American Idol.

Like I said, I'm doing a blog about the whole online dating thing, since I decided to actually date and not just troll for pussy or "hang out" with chicks that friends introduce me to. I don't know if you're looking to just get laid or if you're looking to meet someone, but it's great for either, just be honest with yourself and with the girl about what you want. They kinda appreciate that.

--------------------
My Trade List        My Epic Trip Report        My Not-As-Epic Trip Report

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: danlennon3]
    #14630103 - 06/17/11 08:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yay a new OK cupid thread. These are always fun.

Good luck RP :thumbup:

Let the good info roll!

OfflineSprewellSleeve
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: teamkiller] * 1
    #14630105 - 06/17/11 08:06 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The Shroomery should add a place like them on here.

--------------------

Edited by SprewellSleeve (06/17/11 08:06 PM)

ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: DarkMatterOfFact]
    #14630134 - 06/17/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ok so ill take the no response as wait til i can fucking drive again tob mess with this newschool

dating thing you all are into.

--------------------

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Offlineguywiththegun
Male User Gallery

#14630145 - 06/17/11 08:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Do you have a job?

--------------------

InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery

#14630170 - 06/17/11 08:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I just got a date from plenty of fish, hafta wait til tuesday to see how it pans out... We're going to get sushi yeaaa

Dating without a car isn't impossible but its definitely tougher dude.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: teamkiller]
    #14630185 - 06/17/11 08:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

teamkiller said:
are you kidding?  I was on that site for like a year and met 2 people, neither of whom was ever considered for anything romantic. 

I pretty much never got responses, and only one girl ever messaged me first.  She was actually a pretty cute stoner chick.  She gave me her aim and stuff, and after chatting for like 45 seconds i was like, yeah i don't like to be around people smoking weed, and that just ended right there. 

you are a horrible person.

ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: guywiththegun]
    #14630187 - 06/17/11 08:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

yeh but im about to get two jobs because its too slow.

construction in cali is dead when it comes to residential.

--------------------

Offlineguywiththegun
Male User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: teamkiller]
    #14630225 - 06/17/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'd say if you have some good public transportation and a job, the chick isn't gonna care about a car. If she does, then fuck it, is she really worth taking out? I wouldn't mind dating a chick with no car, so long as she knew how to get around on her own (most do around here, bike or bus). I'm sure it goes both ways. You can sorta dodge that bullet by meeting girls places and then springing it on them at the date. Just don't make them pick you up.

Quote:

teamkiller said:

Friend, OKCupid is not your problem. I don't know why you're trying to date when you obviously have no love or respect for yourself. Women can smell that sort of thing. I got to the point where I just refused to date again before I was over past breakups and liked myself for myself. Don't go finding women to "complete" you, complete yourself and then match yourself up. I doubt you're very ugly or your personality is very bad, those are probably lies you tell yourself. Change the way you dress, change the way you do your hair, change your lifestyle, something. Concentrating on making yourself happy for a while isn't selfish or bad in any way, and it does wonders for your self esteem.

Sorry for the hippy love fest. But I think you're probably an okay guy who just doesn't think much of himself.

--------------------

Offlinepmb
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: danlennon3]
    #14630233 - 06/17/11 08:25 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You have to come up with a decent opener thats funny and creative. Don't message a girl just saying "hi whats up you seem cool". They get like 50 of those exact message a day at least(the hot ones do). A good one I use is something a long the lines of:

After a rigorously brief overview of your profile I have already married and divorced you in my mind, Thank you for all the wonderful imaginary memories and emotions.

PS, I get the dog/cat.... (whatever they say they like in their profile.)

Works pretty well to start out because they will usually play along by saying NOOO, I love our cat/dog etc..

--------------------
Don't smell the flowers, They're an evil drug to make you lose your mind

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: pmb]
    #14630293 - 06/17/11 08:33 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I checked this out the other night after seeing automan praise it all the time and when I sorted by distance the first 1/3 of the list was horribly obese beasts :s apparently any semi decent girl on there lives 50+ miles away. Do you guys actually pick up decent girls on here (at least 6.5-7s?) and my area sucks or you guys just taking one for the team every weekend...?

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

#14630322 - 06/17/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i do live in the middle of town basically.

guess i could white lie it a bit. just i hate doing that when im attracted to a girl.

thanks for the tips anyways.  :cheers:

--------------------

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: OK cupid!!! [Re: John]
    #14630354 - 06/17/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
I checked this out the other night after seeing automan praise it all the time and when I sorted by distance the first 1/3 of the list was horribly obese beasts :s apparently any semi decent girl on there lives 50+ miles away. Do you guys actually pick up decent girls on here (at least 6.5-7s?) and my area sucks or you guys just taking one for the team every weekend...?

i was thinking the same thing. But your 6-7 can be different from others 6-7. but yea all i see is obese women. or baby mamas. thats what you get for being in tennessee.. sh itt.

guywiththegun. You are relationship therapist.

Offlineguywiththegun
Male User Gallery

#14630374 - 06/17/11 08:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

pmb: I am so stealing that. Perfect example of a great opener. Like my roommate said, just pretend you've known them for years and you're comfortable joking with them. Starts the conversation off on a good beat.

John: Tweak your preferences and answer questions. A lot of them have to do with body-type, etc. There are some beasts, but just click the hide button on 'em when you do a search and keep going from there. Trust me, I've found more than a few winners, and I thought all we had here were fatty-wagon wal-mart dwellers (which, working at Wal-Mart, I'm a little biased against, lol)

Dark: Then don't lie, I don't see why a girl who was worth your time would sit there and give you shit about not having a car because you wrecked your only ride. Most girls I've met want to see a job more than a car, or at least some form of legitimate income, not because they're gold diggers, but because they don't want some mooch hanging around. You don't sound like a mooch, you're probably fine. Just meet places you can get to easily.

--------------------

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

#14630427 - 06/17/11 08:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Friend, OKCupid is not your problem. I don't know why you're trying to date when you obviously have no love or respect for yourself. Women can smell that sort of thing. I got to the point where I just refused to date again before I was over past breakups and liked myself for myself. Don't go finding women to "complete" you, complete yourself and then match yourself up. I doubt you're very ugly or your personality is very bad, those are probably lies you tell yourself. Change the way you dress, change the way you do your hair, change your lifestyle, something. Concentrating on making yourself happy for a while isn't selfish or bad in any way, and it does wonders for your self esteem.

Sorry for the hippy love fest. But I think you're probably an okay guy who just doesn't think much of himself.

lol i really appreciate the kind words. If anything, i think too highly of myself. Mating is a game. when i said i was ugly and have a bad personality i mean i feel like i deserve an 11/10, but i don't have the game worth for that.  I was on OK cupid as a way to make friends and kill the time. I do fine in real life/don't care about romantic relationships.  Fat beats turn me on and nurture me more than a person ever has.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #14630469 - 06/17/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

guywiththegun said:

John: Tweak your preferences and answer questions. A lot of them have to do with body-type, etc. There are some beasts, but just click the hide button on 'em when you do a search and keep going from there. Trust me, I've found more than a few winners, and I thought all we had here were fatty-wagon wal-mart dwellers (which, working at Wal-Mart, I'm a little biased against, lol)

I did, this question ranked very important, then others like it...

"If one of your potential matches was overweight, would that be a dealbreaker?

Yes, even if they were slightly overweight."

first chick that messages me-

:rofldrunk:

I tried to come off as a prick as much I could to avoid these chicks... well I didn't really try actually I just didn't try to be nice, since being a prick comes naturally :x

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals