Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
Re: too much moisture?
    #14592 - 04/27/00 04:29 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i have a similar question.....i have heard some moisture is fine......but someone told me as long as the condensation isnt on the mycelium it should be ok.....my condensation has gotten better since I flipped the jars and loosened the lids. However, the droplets only seem to be where the mycelium is.....what should i do? it is still colonizing and otherwise looks ok

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: too much moisture? [Re: neverwhere]
    #14594 - 04/27/00 05:54 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

what are you going to do about it, if they are too wet? There's not much you can do without risking contamination, except start new jars. So don't worry about it at that point.

My friend has had jars with condensation on the sides and he's been fine.

Anonymous

#14595 - 04/27/00 06:02 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Other than taking the tape off of the holes and flipping them upside down, there's not anything you can do about too much moisture that I know of. I have the same problem going on...you'll know when you have way too much moisture because your mycelium in the jar will start to turn a yellowish-brown where the water is. Remember how much water you used with your substrate and try cutting it back a teaspoon or so. You just have to play with it 'til you get it right for your environment. Before I moved, 65cc of water worked fine, but now 65 cc is killing my mycelium and I'm having to birth my PF cakes
a little early. (100% colonized, but no pinning action) If you do start to notice discoloration at 100% colonization, birth the cake immediately and it should recover nicely provided your terrarium and grow area is clean.

Have a blast.

Anonymous

#14596 - 04/27/00 08:56 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Are you growing with a layer of vermiculite at the top? It is a good idea to do so, to protect from contamination. The other advantage is getting rid of water. Simply flip the jar over, the water (because of gravity) will go down into the vermiculite layer and should get rid of excess water.

------------------
"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

Anonymous

#14597 - 04/28/00 06:31 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

One problem I had last night actually is that one jar was flipped upside down and almost 100% done... but the cake ended up trapping water inside the jar because the cake formed a seal in the jar..anyway pain in the ass and now I guess I have to birth it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate