Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Ketamine and it's comparisons to other psychadelics..
    #14583198 - 06/09/11 02:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So i posted this on the vid comments, but it's pending, and figured anyway that it was a worthwhile topic for the shroomery..

I think what is being suggested in the vid is that the 'its like this all the time' feeling is it softens, quiets, and even shots off the normal static in our experience, and allows one to see subtleties and nuances of what always is..
(also works with certain DXM doses)

As for the plant hallucinogens/psychedelics, they seem to actually enhance ones sensory inputs, which overcomes the typical static in our experience, and allows one to see -InTo- the subtleties of what always is.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Ketamine and it's comparisons to other psychadelics.. [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #14583227 - 06/09/11 02:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Okay, I just had some more (thoughts that is..)

So that makes perfect sense to me.. Disassociation, compared to augmentation/amplification..

But how can these two different experiences help us in their specific ways?

What does it do for us?

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

Offlineshroomzi8
king of the wild fronteer
 User Gallery

Loc: Valencia, Spain Flag
Re: Ketamine and it's comparisons to other psychadelics.. [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #14583241 - 06/09/11 02:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well one is a powerful and addictive horse tranq, the others are natural and designed by nature to connect to certain receptors in the brain. (thc especially)
go natural, its the only way!:dancer:

Invisiblethe human abstract
malaka the werewolf
Male User Gallery

#14583257 - 06/09/11 02:55 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
★★

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

Re: Ketamine and it's comparisons to other psychadelics.. [Re: shroomzi8]
    #14583552 - 06/09/11 05:56 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzi8 said:
well one is a powerful and addictive horse tranq, the others are natural and designed by nature to connect to certain receptors in the brain. (thc especially)
go natural, its the only way!:dancer:

Ketamine is NOT a horse tranquilizer.
That is drug war BS.

Ketamine is an anesthetic, used in Children, Older Adults, Animals, as well as pain management.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Offlineshroomzi8
 User Gallery

Re: Ketamine and it's comparisons to other psychadelics.. [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14583569 - 06/09/11 06:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

quote]

That is drug war BS.

quote]
In veterinary anesthesia, ketamine is often used for its anesthetic and analgesic effects on cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, and other small animals. Veterinarians often use ketamine with sedative drugs to produce balanced anesthesia and analgesia, and as a constant rate infusion to help prevent pain wind-up. Ketamine is used to manage pain among large animals, though it has less effect on bovines. It is the primary intravenous anesthetic agent used in equine surgery, often in conjunction with detomidine and thiopental, or sometimes guaifenesin.

............horse tranq! (thank you wikipedia)

we have just had a cornish moor pony's infected hoof sorted. i know it is an anasthetic for kids adutts and all that. but it is a hores tranq.
ie it is used to tranquilze horses. (it made our pony all tranquil while the vet removed a bit of wire she had stood on and got infected)

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

#14583595 - 06/09/11 06:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzi8 said:
quote]

That is drug war BS.

quote]
In veterinary anesthesia, ketamine is often used for its anesthetic and analgesic effects on cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, and other small animals. Veterinarians often use ketamine with sedative drugs to produce balanced anesthesia and analgesia, and as a constant rate infusion to help prevent pain wind-up. Ketamine is used to manage pain among large animals, though it has less effect on bovines. It is the primary intravenous anesthetic agent used in equine surgery, often in conjunction with detomidine and thiopental, or sometimes guaifenesin.

............horse tranq! (thank you wikipedia)

we have just had a cornish moor pony's infected hoof sorted. i know it is an anasthetic for kids adutts and all that. but it is a hores tranq.
ie it is used to tranquilze horses. (it made our pony all tranquil while the vet removed a bit of wire she had stood on and got infected)

No.
Anesthetic != Tranquilizer.

lol

They are two different classes of drugs.
It is an anesthetic. Thanks for proving my point with your quote.

To state more clearly:

A tranquilizer CALMS the subject, rendering them tranquil.
A anesthetic ANESTHETIZES the subject. The anesthetization also renders them tranquil but that is because it results in loss of sensation / consciousness.

Which is why they give you an anesthetic for surgery, not a tranquilizer.

If they gave your pony ket, it was to anesthetize him/her so that it couldn't feel any pain as they were taking it out.
Not just to calm it but still let it feel pain. There is a big difference between the two classes of drugs even though on the outside they seem the same.

--------------------

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K

Edited by Cyclohexylamine (06/09/11 06:19 AM)

Offlineshroomzi8
 User Gallery

#14583602 - 06/09/11 06:21 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The anesthetization also renders them tranquil :quote

correct.

Offlineel gringo loco
chris
Male

#14583614 - 06/09/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Basically, when ketamine is administered the patient is out of his body in the fairytale world of ketamine dreams!!- Whilst the surgeon is doing gawd knows to the body!![gradient:#D4C7C7,#][/gradient]

--------------------
don't be afraid to live!!

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
 User Gallery

#14583668 - 06/09/11 06:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomzi8 said:
The anesthetization also renders them tranquil :quote

correct.

Yeah but that does not mean it is a tranquilizer, and a "horse tranquilizer" is a different set of drugs, those use to sedate an animal not render them unconscious.

It just really pisses me off when I hear people use the horse tranquilizer argument for K "Its a horse / cat tranquilizer and your SNORTING that you dumb druggie you" which is totally wrong and ignorant. I know you are not saying that, but people read it and it re-enforces the dumb DEA BS.

In fact, ket is usually mixed with a sedative when administering to horses so that it actually subdues them as well, because otherwise Ketamine can cause the horse to become agitated as it looses consciousness (so not tranquil).

--------------------

Offlineshroomzi8
 User Gallery

#14583678 - 06/09/11 06:45 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

ok then.

Stranger
Male User Gallery

#14587010 - 06/09/11 06:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ketamine was originally used on Humans, but it effected the patients consciousness/mind too much, so they started to typically use it for animals- Cuase animals couldnt say later on -"Gee doc, I went out of body, and saw things, even you doing the surgery, and then I went through this vortex, and went flailing through the earth and across the universe.. (I think I may have even met god..) Is that normal??"

Yar..

And, I really really like that drug chart! but LSA is missing :frown: Of course it's probable position is pretty easy to pinpoint..

And I am an advocate for substances found in nature, the synthetics, though I dabble in them, I really dont like to encourage their use, unless one knows the purity, and the person is close to me personally- aka I can be there too! :laugh: (of course this never used to be the case..)

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder